College Football 2009 Season thread~!

ROC

As a Oregon State fan, I'm happy to say that Oregon is losing right now. 13-0 at the half right now. Of course now Oregon is gonna win because I wrote the above sentence.

Good for Oregon and Boise St. though for actually playing against each other (quality), vs. some of these teams (Florida, Texas, USC, Nebraska, etc...) doing the equivalent of scrimmages to start the season.

This is Boise State showing why they deserve to go to the BCS.

I think they have proved it in the past... because they've been there. :rolleyes:

So then why not have some sort of a preseason or two, where it does not count towards standings? Or scrimmages. Something.

Ask the suits in Indianapolis.

I'm glad you completely made your seasons judgement on one game... where they are on the road against another ranked team. Clearly this could not be a case of not having everything worked out (ie. back to our pre-season discussion), good opponent, etc. Obviously they are just a completely horrible team.

Was that directed toward me? If so, I am merely remarking on the complete inane notion of statements said above when it's a 8-19 game against two ranked teams played in one of the most difficult places to play for visitors. Not to mention nearly all teams struggle in that first game, although sometimes it doesn't look as such because of the competition they play. You can tell things from games like this, but I don't think Oregon was on anyones BCS watch list either. And they have a new head coach, which regardless if his offense is still in play, it's still a new coach and system to get aquainted with.

Biggz, please point to where I said I made this season's judgement? Good luck because you just assumed that. SKA reacted to a hyperbolic statement I made based on how horrible their offense played and then my counter point was that last year's stats don't excuse the Oregon offense from being absolutely horrible in this game so them leading the Pac-10 in yards per game last year is an irrelevant stat to bring up and if anything that stat just drives my point, of how horrible they played offensively, home even further. Not once did I say that Oregon wasn't going to score a lot of points this year because I think they will and even said as much in a conversation with ROC on MSN.

And them being last in TOP is fine and dandy (and even then, not really that big of a stat to be proud of) when they're scoring but when they can't even get a first down until midway through the 3rd quarter, it's awful. The only reason they were able to get away with being last in TOP is because of how much their offense scored. If they don't score and they still have a horrible TOP, they're going to lose. And if the offense doesn't score or move the ball at all, the defense gets tired mentally because they have to try and create things that the offense can't; it's not rocket science.

And Biggz, know some shit before you start talking it because Chip Kelly was the Offensive Coordinator for Oregon the past 2 years before taking over as Head Coach this season so the system isn't new.

Their offense sucked and that's why they lost the game, which was my point.

*ahem*

And Biggz, know some shit before you start talking it because Chip Kelly was the Offensive Coordinator for Oregon the past 2 years before taking over as Head Coach this season so the system isn't new.

I knew that, and regardless, it's still a new system. A "system" isn't just an offense. It's off-season, practices, etc. No two coaches are the same. Which if you read what I wrote, or had a little better reading comprehension, you would note that I pointed out his offense is still in play, obviously.

And I too was responding to your gross overreaction of "they shouldn't be in D-1". It would probably also serve you well to not attack someone in that crass manner when others haven't done the same. We disagreed, yes, but we didn't act like a dick either. Then again, that could just be you.

Edited by ACCBiggz

I'm not going to act like an analyst, but I do need a legitimate explanation for why Virginia Tech is 7th and say...Utah was 19th. I assume mass exodus of talent and the exit of their coach? Except, no, Whittingham's still there, and surely they should be ranked a little bit higher beating Alabama (aka, the metaphorical "us") when...I don't know what is improved about our team or VT for that matter. Please explain.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw that NOTRE DAME is 23rd after their 6-6 trainwreck last year. So it's the stupid preseason polls. Alright, carry on.

Edited by ROC