College Football 2009 Season thread~!

ROC

wow, shitty luck for Baylor. They were more than likely looking at a Bowl Game and probably a nice upset in the Big 12 as well this year. Griffin goes down for the year, and their backpu is hurt as well at the moment. That blows. I hope they can still make a go of it because they've got one heck of a talented, young team. Shitty for USC as well with Stefan and the freak weight room accident. And, while I don't mind seeing Florida with issues, I do hope that Tebow's injury is nothing more than a "normal" concussion.

Moving on to this week, the schedule has a coule of prime time bouts, but overall you've got to look for the winners:

Of all the games before the weekend, Pitt/Louisville should provide the best game.

- Michigan/Michigan St COULD be a good one. MSU has the talent, and Michigan isn't exactly winning me over. However, the wolvies are winning and that's what matters. I think they'll take it but will not at all be surprised if Sparty bites them in the ass.

- On the surface Clemson/Maryland looks like a "shit bowl" ... I've heard the murmurs of people going "f'n Clemson overrated AGAIN" ... perhaps, but just keep in mind that while they've lost 2 games already, they've been to Gerogia Tech and TCU (two very good teams and easily could end up as their conference champions). It's Maryland stinking up the joint and I like Clemson to show that they're good, and only slightly overrated.

- Marshall/ECU ... The thundering herd has found a running game ? and ECU is in danger of falling to the hype before the season is half way over. Big Conference USA match up here. And yes, I did just say "big conference usa match up"

- LSU/UGA .... wow, I have NO CLUE wtf to think here. UGA is lucky as all shit to have not lost twice already. LSU is lucky as all shit to have not dropped a home game to Miss St already. The one thing between the two of them that has shown up each week, is UGA's offense. Cox is looking like the real deal, and AJ Green is. LSU has issues on offense and this will probably end up yet another arena game that is apparently UGA's style now. Georgia takes it.

- UCLA/Stanford ... huge huge game in the "middle" of the PAC-10. Neuheisal and company want to make some fast tracks, but Harbaugh has begun to build this Stanford program correctly. BOTH have the potential but I feel that the home field will be the difference. Should be a very, very good game and I'd be picking differently if it were in the Rose Bowl. Stanford for the win.

- NCST/WF ... NCST was the darkhorse favorite, and WF was supposed to establish themselves near the top of the ACC. I see the opposite happening. NCST is on the quick trip upwards and have a great, mobile QB ... which is eactly what Baylor used to knock of WF in game 1. The Wolfpack get upwards of 'the middle' of the ACC with a win here.

- OrgST/ArzSt ... I like what I saw in the Sun Devil trip to UGA. OrgSt HAS to get past being a two man team (the Rodgers boys - from Texas). ArzSt is a better TEAM, but the Rodgers' are the better athletes. I'm actually going to take ArzSt for once because their total effort should be enough to win.

- Texas AM/Ark .... I f'n love it. A renewal of an old SWC rivalry. I remember watching Steve Atwater down in Kyle Field when the Hogs were damn good. While their offense can be, they have NO DEFENSE whatsover. AM needs to win this game to establish themselves moving forward for the season. In JerryWorld down in Texas I think they'll do it. The Aggies will easily stuff a jillion bazillion people in the megastructure.

- Auburn/Tennessee ... what to expect ? If the UT that played Florida shows up, they can win this game. If the UT that showed up against Ohio U showes up, they'll get throttled. There's to much growing to do, the Tigers should win by two scores or more but sometimes things happen in Neylend Stadium.

- USC/CAL ... huh, wtf to make of this game ? I really, REALLY, want to say CAL but holy hell they looked crappy against Oregon. I mean, they weren't even in the game. USC has managed to win at the Horseshoe, and betting against USC when it seems like the perfect time to do so is usually the worst decision you can make. But, I'm making it .. Cal.

- OK/Miami ... how much of a difference will the speed make ? The loser is all but eliminated from serious NT consideration. If this were a bowl game I'd side with Miami, but in the regular season, OK doesn't lose games that mean as much as this one does. I'm not exactly comfortable making this pick (on paper) but the Sooners come back home with a big win.

SPECIALS: Wisconsin @ Minnesota (The Gophers could snake one), Washington @ ND (Washington can play, ND can too but with Clausen iffy and Locker hungry I would not at all be surprised if the Huskies get their second statement win in three weeks), Ohio St @ Indiana (was the Hoosier upset bid a fluke last week ? The same type of team comes in when the Buckeyes visit ... I'm thinking that the Hoosiers will probably be emotionally tanked BUT this is the classic trap game).

UCLA/Stanford is actually for first place in the Pac-10. If UCLA wins, I'm pretty sure they'd be the only undefeated Pac-10 team (unless ASU hasn't lost). Huge game for both teams, if either are going to make noise in the conference, than they need to win this game. I'm a homer, and I think that defense is what keeps UCLA moving up, and keeps Stanford... Stanford... for now.

THANK YOU SPAAAAAAARTY !!!! THANK YOU ! ! !

Ok, NOW FUCK CLEMSON (Y) Jesus I feel so sorry for CJ Spiller.

An early LOL of the week candidate in NC .. good job guys, that powerhouse UVA team showed how overhyped you apparently were.

The Gophs pushed it to the wire and almost snaked the Ax. Entertaining game. And ECU won the "big conference usa" bout !

If you want my opinion, Jimbo hasn't exactly lit things up as OC either. Obviously a HUGE upgrade from Jeff, but I hate his playcalling inside the red zone. Especially with Ponder being mobile, they get in tight sets and end up faltering almost every time instead of spreading it out and giving him more options both passing and rushing for it.

I agree, Jimbo is a HUGE upgrade but I think that Bobby still has his hands on things a bit too much. I'm not sure about this year, but I do remember last year SEVERAL times where Bobby got on the headset and did things at certain times, or took certain liberties whenever the hell he felt like it.

I'm thinking this is part of the problem. I'd like to see Jimbo on his own and see what happens.

but I do remember last year SEVERAL times where Bobby got on the headset and did things at certain times, or took certain liberties whenever the hell he felt like it.

That's been a Motif of Bobby since.... well, ever, though. He may be missing more these days, but typically when he does that it results in a TD either on that play or a big play. It's nothing new.

From what I hear from reports there seems to be too many head coaches. I'd guess this would be alluding to a personality like Amato. Bobby, Chuck, and Jimbo - as Mickey has always minded his own business and Bowden lets him. And they said that the players don't really know who to listen to. Whereas if it was business as usual with Bobby at the helm and players knowing to follow Mickey on D and Jimbo on O this could be a lot better. However, there is no excuse for the turnovers against USF.

Yeah, that's the chatter I'm hearing. I've always said it, Mickey should run the whole shebang *cough* seriously. Hell, I'd go with Amato too. but yeah there are definately too many roosters walking around the place.

Of all the games before the weekend, Pitt/Louisville should provide the best game.

Whoops .... somebody forgot to tell Louisville the game was at Papa John's Stadium

- Michigan/Michigan St COULD be a good one. MSU has the talent, and Michigan isn't exactly winning me over. However, the wolvies are winning and that's what matters. I think they'll take it but will not at all be surprised if Sparty bites them in the ass.

and I wasn't surprised, but am certainly glad that someone finally slapped Forcier in the face

- On the surface Clemson/Maryland looks like a "shit bowl" ... I've heard the murmurs of people going "f'n Clemson overrated AGAIN" ... perhaps, but just keep in mind that while they've lost 2 games already, they've been to Gerogia Tech and TCU (two very good teams and easily could end up as their conference champions). It's Maryland stinking up the joint and I like Clemson to show that they're good, and only slightly overrated.

yeah already said, we can now say officially that clemson blows

- Marshall/ECU ... The thundering herd has found a running game ? and ECU is in danger of falling to the hype before the season is half way over. Big Conference USA match up here. And yes, I did just say "big conference usa match up"

ECU saves itself for another week and still has a chance to make something of the season

- LSU/UGA .... wow, I have NO CLUE wtf to think here. UGA is lucky as all shit to have not lost twice already. LSU is lucky as all shit to have not dropped a home game to Miss St already. The one thing between the two of them that has shown up each week, is UGA's offense. Cox is looking like the real deal, and AJ Green is. LSU has issues on offense and this will probably end up yet another arena game that is apparently UGA's style now. Georgia takes it.

and an absolutely retarded ass call cost UGA the game. Fucking bullshit

- UCLA/Stanford ... huge huge game in the "middle" of the PAC-10. Neuheisal and company want to make some fast tracks, but Harbaugh has begun to build this Stanford program correctly. BOTH have the potential but I feel that the home field will be the difference. Should be a very, very good game and I'd be picking differently if it were in the Rose Bowl. Stanford for the win.

Great game, and Stanford moves upwards. I really like the team and style of play he's got working there.

- NCST/WF ... NCST was the darkhorse favorite, and WF was supposed to establish themselves near the top of the ACC. I see the opposite happening. NCST is on the quick trip upwards and have a great, mobile QB ... which is eactly what Baylor used to knock of WF in game 1. The Wolfpack get upwards of 'the middle' of the ACC with a win here.

Wow, more great coaching from Grobe, and russell wilson finally looks human. the ACC is going to be a slugfest

- OrgST/ArzSt ... I like what I saw in the Sun Devil trip to UGA. OrgSt HAS to get past being a two man team (the Rodgers boys - from Texas). ArzSt is a better TEAM, but the Rodgers' are the better athletes. I'm actually going to take ArzSt for once because their total effort should be enough to win.

but the athletes win out, and the beaves take a big step at being their usual 9-4

- Texas AM/Ark .... I f'n love it. A renewal of an old SWC rivalry. I remember watching Steve Atwater down in Kyle Field when the Hogs were damn good. While their offense can be, they have NO DEFENSE whatsover. AM needs to win this game to establish themselves moving forward for the season. In JerryWorld down in Texas I think they'll do it. The Aggies will easily stuff a jillion bazillion people in the megastructure.

Uh, yeah 23pts in the 2nd pretty much tanks the game for you. Good job Aggie .... jackass

- Auburn/Tennessee ... what to expect ? If the UT that played Florida shows up, they can win this game. If the UT that showed up against Ohio U showes up, they'll get throttled. There's to much growing to do, the Tigers should win by two scores or more but sometimes things happen in Neylend Stadium.

they almost did, Auburn played much better than the final score but where never in real danger

- USC/CAL ... huh, wtf to make of this game ? I really, REALLY, want to say CAL but holy hell they looked crappy against Oregon. I mean, they weren't even in the game. USC has managed to win at the Horseshoe, and betting against USC when it seems like the perfect time to do so is usually the worst decision you can make. But, I'm making it .. Cal.

how's about I listen to myself .. and seriously, wtf Cal ?

- OK/Miami ... how much of a difference will the speed make ? The loser is all but eliminated from serious NT consideration. If this were a bowl game I'd side with Miami, but in the regular season, OK doesn't lose games that mean as much as this one does. I'm not exactly comfortable making this pick (on paper) but the Sooners come back home with a big win.

They should have too .... but big win for Miami.

SPECIALS: Wisconsin @ Minnesota (The Gophers could snake one)

The damn near did,

Washington @ ND (Washington can play, ND can too but with Clausen iffy and Locker hungry I would not at all be surprised if the Huskies get their second statement win in three weeks)they should have too,

Ohio St @ Indiana (was the Hoosier upset bid a fluke last week ? The same type of team comes in when the Buckeyes visit ... I'm thinking that the Hoosiers will probably be emotionally tanked BUT this is the classic trap game).Ohio St put it away in the first half and avoided the trap

AND FOR THIS WEEK:

Mid Ten St @ Troy = big Sun Belt game. (I like MDTS)

NEB @ MIZZOU = which one is for real ? (going of their performance @ VT, I'll take NEB)

BC @ VT = bc, really ? (the answer is no, VT thanks)

HOU @ MISS ST = can they make it 3 (crushing lost to f'n UTEP, but hey why not ?)

BAMA @ OLE MISS = exact spot that the Rebs knocked off UF (bama is too good)

UF @ LSU = nasty nasty nasty (at home, LSU)

Yeah, they have to get through the RRR, but I'm not sure OU has enough to handle Texas even with Bradford. Their problems go deeper than the injuries, I just don't think their O-Line is very good at all.

That's what I heard, which really doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, if that's the problem, are you only allowed to work out with guys that are alumnus of your school? You know all the Canes work out together down in Miami, and nothing comes of that. Plenty of basketball alums come back to work out at UCLA and UNC, so I don't know what the problem is.

I'm torn regarding Oklahoma. I can't stand the Sooners and think they've been overrated some years (one year they made it to the National Championship game (but lost) when frankly Auburn should have been playing instead), but I like Bradford. Good QB and seems like a good dude from the interviews and press conferences I've seen.

But I'd rather see them than the Alabama Crimson Turd in the championship game any day.