College Football 2009 Season thread~!

ROC

I'm not getting into whether I'm for or against the BCS, because I don't have the time or energy to get into that at this time. But I can't be the only one that misses January 1st being the be-all-end-all of college football, can I? I use to love watching all four of the major bowls on New Year's Day. That was always better than Christmas to me. I hate that they drag it out through the first week of January. Maybe that's just me, though.

You sir, are not alone. Jan 1 used to be the best day of the year.

The thinking around here is that the Vols may end up in the Cotton Bowl or whatever they call the one in Dallas now, if they win out. They still have to play Ole Miss at Oxford, which will be a good game. But considering they have Kentucky and Vanderbilt, aka the Vols' two top jobber teams, left to play after that they probably will if they don't lose to the Rebels.

South Carolina is apparently trying to beat Oregon in the "Worst Uniform" category today.

They appear fine at first. Upon inspection, you see horrible desert camo on their shoulders and generic one word "statements" in place of the player's name on the back.

Just terrible...

Being in the military, I happen to have no issue with SC's small tribute during the week of Veteran's Day. It's an all black uniform with maroon piping and just the outside block of the sleeve in the desert ACU pattern. It's a tribute the deployed soldier's as they wear this pattern over there (along with the subdued patches/flags). I don't see how it compares to the Party City jokes that is the Oregon uniform closet.

On to the games though. Wow, thanks FSU for showing up three games from the end of the season. Where the hell has that effort been all year ?

Good job Houston <_<

LOL of the week might already be locked up by South Florida ... get off the bus next time at least.

The power has shifted in the Pac10 ... USC better take notice. They also might want to get their tail out from between their legs or Stanford is really going to embarass them in the Coliseum.

To me, there's a difference between a small patch(the norm) and naming your players "Honor", "Courage", "Service", "Duty", "Country", etc.(the extreme)

It's still not as bad as the black Oregon uniform that has the player's name in a shimmering black material that you can't see.

Ugh, THAT Oregon uniform is horrid. I agree completely.

From what I can see of them though, the "names" on the back of the SC jerseys are all words taken from the Army Values:

LDRSHIP = Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.

There at least seems to be a theme as opposed to some random 'hey we wanna look cool but you know, show we care and stuff too' All in all I think it's much better than the Camo uni's that the Padres have.

I am glad Iowa keeps shooting themselves in the foot, go lose the Captial One Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl.

EDIT: And I soon as I open my mouth, TD Iowa. Let me go back to MTST/ULL on the TV and Stanford/USC on the computer

EDIT #2: USC is going to the Sun Bowl lmao.gif

LOL USC. Stanford just punched you in the face and beat you the fuck/shut you the fuck up. Can we now finally remove the top ten ranking from them ? Holy shit. This is what it took for them to finally get brought down (in the eyes of the "experts" that is). I'm glad Stanford has just whipped their ass in this game.

It's painful to watch a South Carolina defense be sooooo good but their offense do everything they can to lose.

Odd, everyone I talked to said that OSU would face rape Iowa. I told them it wouldn't be the game they thought it would. Seems as though Iowa was indeed good enough to get all those lucky bounces (regardless of the outcome).