Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

King Ellis

I love Sensi Soccer. The second year Sensible World Of Soccer is better than any other football game since. Just this moment of utter magic.

I used to spend hours as the boss of Spartak Moscow, bringing in Teddy Sheringham, Darren Anderton and Phil O'Donnell (RIP) on our march to the knockout stages of the European Cup.

I'm so out of touch with non-management football games these days.

When exactly did the argument change from "If you're still playing FIFA you're a stubborn git and should get with the program and get the superior PES"

to

"If you're still playing PES, you're a stubborn git and should get with the program and get the superior Fifa" ?

Only in the past couple of years I'd say. In the PS2 years it wasn't even a contest, PES was light years ahead of Fifa. But this gen Fifa has improved a great deal, whereas Konami have stood still. I used to love PES but I bought last year's and just hated everything about it. Neither game is perfect but Fifa has been improving year on year while PES is just the exact same game with the exact same faults it had two or three years ago.

Got to echo the Sensi love though. I still play the 96/97 version off Xbox Live Arcade. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Fifa this year and didn't really give Pro Evo much of a look, mainly based off last years games. I've enjoyed Fifa but I find it very, very easy. So I traded it in today and picked up Pro Evo which I so far, am loving purely because it seems much harder and therefore much more fun to play. I would argue that techinically Fifa is the better game, but I think I'm enjoying Pro Evo more. I've been playing the Be a Legend mode which I find far more enthralling than Fifa's equivalent. Looking forward to giving Master League a go too. So yeah, thumbs up for Pro so far. But by no means a thumbs down for Fifa... I just seem to enjoy PES more. For some reason bundling home a scrappy equaliser on PES will always be more satisfying for me than scoring a 30 yard screamer on Fifa.

But that's just me, both games have their merits. Looking forward to the next offerings from both.

Those saying Fifa has improved are right, but it's still not as good as Pro.

Basically every game critic everywhere would disagree with you, but whatever.

PES doesn't have the right to be mentioned, in the same breath as FIFA anymore as an overall game, the only reason PES is even thought of anymore is because of their cult following who refuse change and won't quit a game that's dated and that has failed miserably to transition to the current generation of consoles

• Like 1

Apart from I was saying, I was FIFA10 over Pro 10. But have been converted. Pro is more fun, feels more fun, looks more fun. Fifa is also lame when it comes to Be A Legend/Become A Pro/Whatever. Couldn't care less what game "critics" think, really.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, had a quick scan through and didn't notice it. The 360 version only (I think) is £15 in Sainsburys.

FIFA broke, so I decided to give this a chance for £15. I hated/didn't give enough time to the demo, so I hope I enjoy the full game more.

• 3 months later...

I just purchased the game and I am really loving it compared to FIFA. FIFA seemed too arcadey for me and PES has a nice flow and is challenging. I have to actually work for goals.How do I go about updating the rosters and such ?