Best video game intros

Ok, this came after I watched the Gran Turismo 2 intro after talking about Cardigans in a music thread.

What are the best intros...Video links are a bonus.

I'll start with the first three Gran Turismo games which just make me want to play the all over again. Such memories, the intros got my heart racing.

A classic, building, race game intro. Just perfect. I got the game when I was studying for my GCSEs so wasn't allowed to play it until after I'd finished them...I used to watch the intro video every day....The hype for this game was HUUUUGE. Then that one day my exams were finished and I was watching the video knowing that I was gonna be playing the game afterwards.

Got this pretty much first week at uni I think. Man I was hyped for this too, then this song explodes into life, all the retro racing clips give way to the modern action and I'm raring to go.

Mmmm car all quiet in the garage, tyres going on, refuelled, engine started...The Supra revs into life and Feeder kicks in. Very groovy. Not as epic as the first two though but I loved Feeder.

As an aside, I remember GT having a great soundtrack but man, Garbage, Bowie, Ash, Blur, Placebo, Feeder, Mansun, Dandy Warholes, Terrorvision, Idlewild, Supergrass, Bentley Rhythm Ace...All in the first game. Brilliance. :w00t:

EDIT: Oh, FIFA World Cup 98's was great cos it had Song 2 by Blur as the intro.

That is actually the first time I've seen the GT3 intro. I remember watching it for about a minute, assuming nothing at all happened and just proceeded to skip it every time I started it up. It's really good though. Brings back so many memories despite me never actually watching it all the way through!

There's so many I know I like but can't remember. However, I did like:

Civilisation IV - this was absolutely enthralling

- I really like the song too.

- It was cool to a 7 year old >_>

- funny. I loved this game and I want a sequel. :(

That NHL video with Collective Soul as the background music was one of the ones that came to mind, very good. Nothing can beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6aqV0y4eWc, though.

As for recent games I think Left 4 Dead would have to be my favourite, I watched it a lot more than any other, most I just skip once I've seen them a couple of times. Oh, GRID was pretty good too.

I shall also add in some Final Fantasy love with FF VIII. First FF game I played, great music, great fight and BAM! Right into the awesome Balmb Garden music :wub:

... oh, whoops. Yeah, that's what I linked to as well but I typoed.

EDIT: Oh, FIFA World Cup 98's was great cos it had Song 2 by Blur as the intro.

I am gonna be ultra picky here, FIFA World Cup 98 had Chumbawumba - Tupthumping as its theme FIFA Road to World Cup 98 was the one with Song 2