English World Cup 2018 Bid names possible host cities

So after lots of cities put their names forward to be used in England's bid for the 2018 World Cup the list has been pretty much finalised. Due to the need to select loads of cities and not just the ones with the big stadia, some miss out and some strange selections have been made.

Anyway the list is:

LONDON:

Wembley

Emirates

Olympic Stadium OR the new Tottenham Stadium

LIVERPOOL:

Anfield / New Anfield (hah)

SUNDERLAND:

Stadium of Light

BIRMINGHAM:

Villa Park

LEEDS:

Elland Park

NOTTINGHAM:

New Nottingham Forest Stadium

SHEFFIELD:

Hillsborough

NEWCASTLE:

sportsdirect.com@StJames'Park

BRISTOL:

Ashton Vale

PLYMOUTH:

Home Park

MANCHESTER:

Old Trafford

City of Manchester

MILTON KEYNES:

MK Dons Stadium

harhar I just dream of a French side being forced to trudge into Milton Keynes to play matches. Fantastic.

NEWCASTLE:

sportsdirect.com@StJames'Park

ahahahahahahaha what?

It got renamned a little while ago, I think Mike Ashley is on a permanent "Piss off the Geordies" mission

On topic, I like that everything is spread out over the nation (And I am very glad Hull didn't get it), but I have to question that if they build up Home Park to a reported 43,000 all seat capacity (Its currently about 20,000) whether that will be sustainable post World Cup and if it'll actually be a burden for Plymouth.

Would have rather had Bramall Lane over Hillsborough.

And the inclusion of Plymouth is bizarre. What the hell is in Plymouth?

It doesn't matter what's in Plymouth. The considerations are things like stadium facilities, parking/etc. infrastructure, nearby accomodation supply, transport links, etc. Which is equally why Milton Keynes has been chosen.

Over the moon that Bristol has been chosen, even if I doubt I'll be earning enough money to be able to splash out on a match by the time tickets go on sale. And also because there's this massive space in the West Country that definitely needed to be represented, and it has, so good. I just hope City's stadium is built by then because Ashton Gate would probably scare people from ever coming back :shifty:

I hate Hull with a passion, worse place ever and its all we get on the bloody news "Hull this, Hull that, Hull City this, Hull City that" I am dreading this capital of culture bid... I know they're gonna fail, but my god will it take away 5 minutes of my life everyday for the next few months

I hate Hull with a passion, worse place ever and its all we get on the bloody news "Hull this, Hull that, Hull City this, Hull City that" I am dreading this capital of culture bid... I know they're gonna fail, but my god will it take away 5 minutes of my life everyday for the next few months

Hull. Come for the culture, stay for the record obesity and GCSE failure rates!

Hull. Come for the culture, stay for the record obesity and GCSE failure rates!

Don't forget the teenage pregnancy and unemployment rates! And the massive amount of drug taking, need to find a needle in a haystack? In Hull you can't see the haystacks for the needles! <_<

That's Elland Road, genius.

Blame the BBC then, skipper.

I was typing it up late last night and wasn't thinking as I copied.

You also appear to have inserted some random garbage before St. James' Park :angry:

That's Elland Road, genius.

Blame the BBC then, skipper.

I was typing it up late last night and wasn't thinking as I copied.

You also appear to have inserted some random garbage before St. James' Park :angry:

It looks about right, in comparison to the garbage seen on the pitch at St. James' Park :shifty:

• Like 2