Games for PC?

thatblindgeye

So Ive been looking at some new computers recently, what with having money to spend now, and decided to get a rather decent desktop that would be capable of having games played on it (as opposed to just a basic computer). I already have Borderlands and GTA 4 in mind, with possibly COD:MW2 as well, as games Id like to get for the PC. Does anyone else have any suggestions for PC games? I would prefer either shooting based games, racing games, and/or games that can be played with other via an internet connection.

That, and what are peoples favorite games to play on a PC, just to get some discussion going.

If you need games for the PC, a must have is The Orange Box, which contains Half Life 2, Half Life 2 - Episode 1, Half Life 2 - Episode 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal all in one package, which is always gonna be a good deal anyway, but when you can get it for around the same price as buying one of the games by themselves... well, yeah. Team Fortress 2 is easily one of the best shooting games I've played on, and you could buy Orange Box for Portal alone. Not a huge fan of Half Life though, but all three of them are also good, must haves if you enjoyed the first one or stuff of that genre.

EDIT: Oh, and EWR :shifty:

Edited by Black Majik

I would take a look at some of the deals in the Steam Holiday Sale, which runs through to January 3rd. There are some great games on sale at fantastically low prices, such as The Witcher at a 66% discount and the Eidos Collector's Pack at half price. There are also a few daily sales each day until 3rd January, with five games a day getting further price cuts.

I would take a look at some of the deals in the Steam Holiday Sale, which runs through to January 3rd. There are some great games on sale at fantastically low prices, such as The Witcher at a 66% discount and the Eidos Collector's Pack at half price. There are also a few daily sales each day until 3rd January, with five games a day getting further price cuts.

Definitely this. Keep an eye on Steam - they periodically do some kick-ass deals. There are a bunch of great games on Steam right now that you can get for ~$10. Knights of the Old Republic, for example.

Also L4D (the first one) is on Steam for $22. The sequel's there for about $10 more.

• Like 2

Definitely this. Keep an eye on Steam - they periodically do some kick-ass deals. There are a bunch of great games on Steam right now that you can get for ~$10. Knights of the Old Republic, for example.

Also L4D (the first one) is on Steam for $22. The sequel's there for about $10 more.

They have the whole Valve Collection up for around £40 at the minute, not sure what that is in American Dollers, but I'm pretty sure it's around $60 and you get L4D, L4D2, Orange Box, some Day of Defeat Games, the Counter Strike Anthology and the Half Life 1 Set, plus stuff like Ricochet and the classic Team Fortress. I'd have got it for myself with my Christmas money if I hadn't already wasted everything I got on random crap and had half of the games already. :shifty:

Edited by Black Majik

I hear the PC version of Borderlands isn't so great, especially the online play.

Well I played the game at a friends house (albeit for only like 5 minutes) and rather enjoyed it. It looks like something that I could have fun playing with some friends over online.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Has anyone tried the new Turok game? I remember playing a Turok game waaaay back on the N64 and I remember rather enjoying it quite a bit, and would actually like to get the new one for the PC if it is any good.

Steam has the original Left 4 Dead GOTY edition on sale dirt cheap as part of today's daily deals. They also have both Max Payne games up, but do a search before buying them individually, because I believe they have them bundled together cheaper.

I bought Evil Genius for $1.99 a couple days ago (and I believe its still available at that price), and Jade Empire Special Edition for just under $4.00 today. (It was part of the previous daily deals)

I hear the PC version of Borderlands isn't so great, especially the online play.

It is great, but it does have its issues. My mate and I never had any issues playing together though, but if you have a ATI graphics card you shouldn't buy it because the game is basically focused on only NVIDIA cards which is bs.

You could get MW2, but it has a LOT of issues. You might as well buy MW1 which has a better Multiplayer and probably more players online in 1 or 2 months.

Left 4 Dead 2 is amazing <3

Orange Box is amazing <3

I have Oblivion but it's too....big, for me. I end up just running around doing nothing, but maybe I should give it another go.

Well fuck me then <_<. The computer I built I decided to go with the ATI graphics card to save some money over the pricier NVIDIA card. I might still try playing it since my friend is going to let me borrow their copy of the game to try it out when I get the new computer. Either that, or I'll TRY to return the computer and upgrade the graphics card like I originally planned on doing.

Only reason I chose the ATI one in the end was because the recommended requirement for Borderlands was an ATI Radeon HD3000 Series graphics card, and the one I chose was an ATI Radeon HD 4350 Series graphics card, which I ASSUME is a better one considering the bigger name and all.

EDIT: And my friend actually had an issue installing Borderlands yesterday, but I guess that was more because of the Install Shield he had being fucked up, as he downloaded a newer (trial) version of Install Shield and finally got the game installed.

Edited by Vitamin E

• 2 weeks later...

Got some games the other day from a friend for the PC, of which includes Halo 1, Saints Row 2, and COD 4: Modern Warfare. Wondering if anybody here still plays COD4 for the PC still, as I am kind of looking into doing some online multiplayer for it (or Halo if anybody even still plays the first one on PC).

In case anyone here didn't already know, in celebration of the anniversary of its release, Crayon Physics Deluxe can now be purchased at whatever price you like until 15th January. It has a retail value of £15.99/$20 on Steam, so this is a great chance to pick up a fun, relaxing and creative game for a low price.

http://www.crayonphysics.com/