The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Seriously, all this singling out of Dodge ? WTF ...

He didn't bend over and take it in the ass to give up a 21 point lead in 7 minutes. So he should have kicked it out of bounds ... ok, he didn't .... Jackson muffed the damned thing and 10 other guys can't cover the a muffed punt ?

Yeah, ridiculous that he's catching the flack that he is for this.

• Like 1

He didn't bend over and take it in the ass to give up a 21 point lead in 7 minutes. So he should have kicked it out of bounds ... ok, he didn't .... Jackson muffed the damned thing and 10 other guys can't cover the a muffed punt ?

Exactly what I think, sure he screwed that up but it's not like the Giants D had done their job in that 2nd half. He was just the awful mistake in a series of awful mistakes.

As for the Titans, I hope this is Fisher's last season. I love the guy and think he's a hell of a coach but I think he's done anything he can for the Titans and it's time to part ways. I'd like Cowher or Gruden as the Titans coach.

• Like 1

Exactly what I think, sure he screwed that up but it's not like the Giants D had done their job in that 2nd half. He was just the awful mistake in a series of awful mistakes.

As for the Titans, I hope this is Fisher's last season. I love the guy and think he's a hell of a coach but I think he's done anything he can for the Titans and it's time to part ways. I'd like Cowher or Gruden as the Titans coach.

Cowher or Gruden would be good choices (both were on my list for next Dallas head coach if Garrett bombed). But honestly, at this rate, I'd even settle for Brian Billick. Though, with my luck, the next head coach will probably be either Brad Childress, Wade Phillips or Josh McDaniels.....

Cowher or Gruden would be good choices (both were on my list for next Dallas head coach if Garrett bombed). But honestly, at this rate, I'd even settle for Brian Billick. Though, with my luck, the next head coach will probably be either Brad Childress, Wade Phillips or Josh McDaniels.....

NO FUCKING WAY! By the way, you're a Titans fan? Never saw you mention it or anything.

NO FUCKING WAY! By the way, you're a Titans fan? Never saw you mention it or anything.

Yes, I like the Titans, but my favorite team is the Cowboys. Been a fan of the Titans since they were the Houston Oilers with Warren Moon as their QB (I still say he's the best QB to never make it to a Super Bowl), but I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan even longer. (No Texas connection, btw; I'm Tennessee born and bred and have never even set foot in Texas)

It basically:

Cowboys

Titans

Bears

Could say the Colts, too, but I actually only give a damn about them due to Peyton Manning being their QB.

I think he'll be back in the next weeks, I hope so. That hit wasn't as bad as others so I wouldn't like him to go out with that.

It was a concussion...they are all bad.

That's the way it goes. He had one instruction and it was to kick it out of bounds.....instead he kicks it up the middle. He's very lucky to still be on that roster. People have been calling for his head since the start of the season. It doesn't matter that 10 other guys didn't cover, when you are a rookie punter and you have one task at hand....you should do it. If he was expecting any other reaction he's in the wrong line of work.

Guest JukeboxHero

I arrived at work early yesterday and SportsCenter was on in the break room. When I walked in, they were talking about the "BREAKING NEWS" story of Favre being upgraded to questionable status for the game. They talked for a good 8 minutes about it.

Up next, they talked to Micheal Vick about the game on Sunday night (which was amazing, by the way). But before they let him go, they had to ask him about the "BREAKING NEWZ~!" story regarding Brett Favre's questionable status.

They then recapped a couple more games and then brought in a couple of analysts to discuss......you guessed it, Brett Favre's upgraded status condition. In the 20 minutes I watched SportsCenter, they talked about him for about 15 of them....All because his status changed to "questionable". Terrible. I'm so sick of the guy.

That's the way it goes. He had one instruction and it was to kick it out of bounds.....instead he kicks it up the middle. He's very lucky to still be on that roster. People have been calling for his head since the start of the season. It doesn't matter that 10 other guys didn't cover, when you are a rookie punter and you have one task at hand....you should do it. If he was expecting any other reaction he's in the wrong line of work.

See, I punted in both HS and College. When ANYTHING goes wrong with the snap (such as say, it's high) your one and only job, is to get the kick off, period.

He was kicking from his own 15/16 yd line. There was time left on the clock at the snap (14 seconds). So with that high snap he should have just kicked it straight out of bounds ? I mean that kick could have gone even worse than the one he did get off. What if he shanks it and Philly gets the ball in FG range, or with enough time to take a shot and then try a FG ? Very possible with how deep they were.

Back to the original point though. As a punter, you are taught from day one ... if anything goes wrong with the snap or your handling of it, you are to get the ball off no matter what. He did that. Hell, he actually angled himself to the right but just didn't catch the punt correctly. And uh, after Jackson muffed it the coverage team was down there. When Jackson picked the ball up and squared his shoulders up field to run at the 30yd line, there were two members of the coverage team 3yds from him. He than ran right up the fucking gut .... so yeah the other 10 guys not doing their one job (stay in your lane) did matter.

Yeah, it does matter that 10 other guys didn't cover seeing as how that was their one instruction on the punt. Kind of like it matters that the defense left the stadium with 8:47 on the clock, or that the offense couldn't manage to run out the remaining time.

On a list of 100 things that went wrong in the last 8:47, his punt is number 99.

• Like 2

Looking at the video it looks to me like he was aiming for the sidelines but like most of his punts this year.....it flat out sucked. The play started with 14 seconds left. If he punts it 20 yards out of bounds Philly most likely doesn't have a shot at FG. Dodge himself said that the snap wasn't the problem and that he was trying to kick it out. He should have been cut weeks ago but for whatever reason Coughlin likes the kid.

Yes, the defense sucked but that game should have gone to OT if not for his mistake.

He screwed up in a similar fashion earlier in the year too.

Giants fans were chanting for Feagles earlier in the year

Finally HTTK, someone brings up the fact that the snap was fucking high and he didn't have time to bring it down and kick it out of bounds..

Dodge said the snap wasn't a factor. He said it the pressure.

Edited by sahyder1