Heavy Rain

zero

My only real gripe, aside from all the technical issues that have been covered by reviews:

I wish there would have been multiple killers to go along with the multiple endings ala Ripper. It probably would've made the plot even more disjointed, but if it was possible, I think it would've been cool if your actions affected who the killer was, as well as the aftermath.

There are to many killers in the game already, and you want to ad several origami ones?!

New Patch and DLC for non CE owners Info.

Hi everyone – following last month’s launch, it’s been fantastic to see Heavy Rain getting such a good reception – lots of positive feedback, and great sales too! Thanks to all of you out there who’ve supported this innovative game with your comments and enthusiasm.

Heavy Rain

Firstly, the development team has been working hard to quickly identify and resolve the problems that a small percentage of players have been reporting over the last few weeks. I’m pleased to confirm that a patch will be released today addressing a number of issues – thanks to everyone for their patience.

Those of you who got your hands on a copy of the Collector’s Edition have already had the chance to play Heavy Rain: Chronicle 1 – The Taxidermist. But those of you that didn’t will soon get your chance – this additional playable scene will be available to download through the PlayStation Store from Thursday, April 1st 2010, and it will be priced at €3.99 / £3.19.

Chronicle 1 – The Taxidermist provides additional backstory to Heavy Rain, and focuses on Madison Paige as she investigates a lead that turns unexpectedly perilous. The episode is an expansion and update of the original ‘Taxidermist’ demo that received such a positive response when shown at E3 and gamescom to unveil Heavy Rain back in 2008.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/heavy-rain-dlc-release-date-and-patch/

The patch can already be downloaded, it´s only 35MB. Some people report about big changes, some about making the game wors. From what i read sony was not able to recreate the black screen a lot of people seem to be getting, so they just adjusted a bunch of stuff that could cause it.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Thanks to everyone who took part in Four Days: The Heavy Rain Online Experience - your enthusiasm and quick wits were fantastic to see!

Those of you who followed 'live' and submitted the correct suspect at the end of week 3 should shortly receive an email containing a final reward for your commitment - a PSN voucher code to download a new Heavy Rain Dynamic XMB Menu Theme.

US users will receive the 'Crime Scene' theme, whilst PAL users will receive the 'ARI - Mars' theme (pictured below). Sorry it's taken a little while - but we hope you enjoy this additional 'thank-you' for taking part.

I got three codes for the EU, so if someone wants to trade me a US code or just get a EU code for free just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

So yes, The Taxidermist.

I snuck in through the back window of course and saved myself from knocking over his owl. I slipped upstairs only to find his victims in the bedroom and when I decided to hightail it out of there.. wouldn't you know it, I decided to slip into the upstairs bathroom. Fucking disgusting. Either way, he came home and I hid in a corner in the small room overlooking the stairs... and realized he was going to stay down there a while so I moved to the room across the way. Squeaked a floorboard by mistake and he made his way upstairs, I hid and he walked right past the room and into his bedroom where of course I had left the door open. I snuck downstairs and left through the garage, almost dieing due to the shit controls and Paige not doing what I was telling her to. Fucking worse than the whole doctor scene though.. creepiest shit in the game yet. The police arrested him the next morning.

So yes, The Taxidermist.

I snuck in through the back window of course and saved myself from knocking over his owl. I slipped upstairs only to find his victims in the bedroom and when I decided to hightail it out of there.. wouldn't you know it, I decided to slip into the upstairs bathroom. Fucking disgusting. Either way, he came home and I hid in a corner in the small room overlooking the stairs... and realized he was going to stay down there a while so I moved to the room across the way. Squeaked a floorboard by mistake and he made his way upstairs, I hid and he walked right past the room and into his bedroom where of course I had left the door open. I snuck downstairs and left through the garage, almost dieing due to the shit controls and Paige not doing what I was telling her to. Fucking worse than the whole doctor scene though.. creepiest shit in the game yet. The police arrested him the next morning.

I only finished it once yet, got away without getting noticed at all. But right, on first play this was the most intense sceene, ver wel don.

is there another way in besides the window?

Did my second playthrough, just loaded it -

From the point that the fucker comes home. He saw the basketball that I let fall out and went into the room with a hook hanging from the ceiling. I tried to see if I could sneak up on him but he just caught me there. He lunged at me with his knife and I smashed the hook into his face. Ran into the kitchen trying to escape and couldn't get out, so I ran to the garage. Picked up a chainsaw and... yeah. Saw'd him right in the fucking nuts.

Well the games a hit. Article up on Gamespot saying the game has sold over a million copies since its release, and they expect it to hit 1.5 million by the end of the year. Also has a quote from David Cage saying they expected it to only sell between two and three hundred thousand copies, so its pretty impressive

• 2 weeks later...

just finished my second play through and I love this game. why can't all games be like this? it's gripping and fantastic!. Just wondering should i get the dlc? is it good? also is there a way i can get it without having to connect my ps3 to the internet. I can't pick a favorite character I like them all equally

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another video game is about to make the transition to the big screen: HEAVY RAIN, a cinematic Playstation 3 game developed by Quantic Dream, is close to being snatched up by ex-New Line chiefs Robert Shaye and Michael Lynne. The duo, who started their own company, Unique Features, after exiting the studio, apparently put up their own money to bid on the property at an auction.

In HEAVY RAIN (the game), players hunt the “Origami Killer,” a serial murderer who drowns his victims four days after they are abducted, leaving only a small origami figure and an orchid on the corpse. The game becomes a procedural in which four characters try to solve the crime after another potential victim is kidnapped.

The game's look was obviously somewhat influenced by SE7EN, which was released by New Line under the Shaye/Lynne regime. Hopefully a writer and director will be attached soon.

credit: deadline.com

Thoughts? Could be entertaining but I'm sure they'll find someway to butcher it...

They should make it an interactive movie. Give each moviegoer a remote control and at points take a vote on the next action of a certain character. The majority decides the outcome of the next scene.

They actualy already did that on german TV back in the day wen there were only two public chanels and no private TV. At one Point people were able to Vote what decision the main character makes by turning the light on or of (because there were not other chanels they were able to monitor the vote in the power plant)

On another ocasion a movie was running on both chanels and at some point you were able to pick one path by switching the chanel.