Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

Even without the no-hitter, Morrow absolutely destroyed the Rays. 17 strikeouts is an amazing feat. Yesterday, Arencibia has his debut and crushes the ball. Today, Morrow just dominates on the mound. This Jays team is pretty good.

Morrow was incredible. According to Bill James' Game Score, they have been only 3 more dominant pitching performances in baseball since 1920 - Kerry Wood's 20K 1-hitter in 1998 (105), Nolan Ryan's 15K no-hitter in 1991 (101) and Sandy Koufax's perfect game in 1965 (101). Morrow's performance rated 100, the first 100 since Randy Johnson's perfect game in 2004. For his perfecto this year, Roy Halladay rated only a 98. Was absolutely the greatest game I've ever had the privilege of being on hand for. Best weekend I've ever spent at the Rogers Centre either after watching JP's historic debut.

When they were running over the numbers about losing no-hitters with 2 outs in the ninth, they reminded me about the ALMOST bad ass legacy of Dave Steib.

He was three outs a way from having 3 no-hitters. In two years, he lost 3 no hitters in the ninth with two outs. Fucking ouch. THREE TIMES ? IN TWO YEARS :wacko:

Guest Mr. Potato Head

When they were running over the numbers about losing no-hitters with 2 outs in the ninth, they reminded me about the ALMOST bad ass legacy of Dave Steib.

He was three outs a way from having 3 no-hitters. In two years, he lost 3 no hitters in the ninth with two outs. Fucking ouch. THREE TIMES ? IN TWO YEARS :wacko:

Better yet, two of those three came IN CONSECUTIVE STARTS.

That was a pretty lame "brawl".

In other news, the Cubs seem to be looking at 15 candidates to replace Lou for next season. That number frustrates me, we shouldn't have to be looking at that many guys when we clearly either can take Sandberg or gauge the interest of Girardi, who is a bit of a long shot. As long as Hendry is still around I can't get too thrilled about off season moves or staff changes. Hopefully he sees the door soon.

So, how about that punk Brandon Phillips?

To anyone that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8__dOlGRw

You just don't mess with a Molina.

How is it Phillips fault? He steps into the batters box and the catcher gets in his grill. The catcher is supposed to stay behind the plate. It's not like Phillips can bat from the on deck circle, he has to step into the box. The catcher, meanwhile, is under no obligation to step over the plate like that.

So, how about that punk Brandon Phillips?

To anyone that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8__dOlGRw

You just don't mess with a Molina.

How is it Phillips fault? He steps into the batters box and the catcher gets in his grill. The catcher is supposed to stay behind the plate. It's not like Phillips can bat from the on deck circle, he has to step into the box. The catcher, meanwhile, is under no obligation to step over the plate like that.

On Monday Phillips said "I really hate the Cardinals. There little whiny bitches, all of them" or something to that extent, and then when he went up to bat he tapped Molina in the shinguards with his bat, and thats when Molina got up

EDIT: Just noticed it doesn't show the Brandon Phillips tap, so this is what caused Yadi to get up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geDMKU7DIEk

Edited by TheTomster2011

The dude is standing over the plate before he gets in the box. But congratulations, you posted video evidence contradicting your own position and yet still went out and claimed it. That, sir, is homerism at it's finest. You will be truly at home here at EWB if you remain true to your principals of ignoring logic, knowledge, and experience when it comes to supporting your team.

Where is he over the plate? He's behind it standing where he's normally positioned and then Phillips tapped his shinguard as he was saying good luck and Molina got pissed because Phillips was basically acting like he had never said anything about the Cardinals the day before. Molina lets him know he doesn't appreciate that, tempers flare and they get in each other's faces and then everybody comes out, knowing full well what Phillips had said the night before. I don't see how that constitutes as anybody being a homer.

Well, neither video is online anymore, so the point is moot.