Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

If the Padres win and the Braves win, San Diego, San Francisco and Atlanta all finish 91-71. The Giants and Padres would play a one-game tiebreaker for the NL West title Monday night in San Diego. The loser would then go to Atlanta for a one-game playoff for the wild card on Tuesday night (the Braves would host either the Padres or Giants because Atlanta won the season series against both teams).

I hope to God this happens.

I'm really not a fan of the Reds having to take on the friggin' Phillies... that is a less than ideal way to start our first trip to the postseason in 15 years. Might as well have Teddy Long come out and tell us we have to go one on one with The Undertaker.

Playoff predictions, anyone?

American League

Tampa Bay vs. Texas

Minnesota vs. New York

National League

Atlanta vs. San Francisco

Cincinatti vs. Philadelphia

Leading to Tampa Bay vs. New York and Atlanta vs. Philadelphia, with a World Series of Phillies/Rays.

As much as I hate it, I figure the Phillies are going to wind up with another World Series victory. I'd really rather see a WS of, say, Minnesota/Cinci - something fresh - but, realistically, it's probably going to be a lot of the same again this year.

I friggin' hope not. I'd rather see Phillies/Rays than Phillies/Yankees. At least that way there's a small chance we could see Tampa Bay win their first World Series.

American League

Tampa Bay vs. Texas (4 games)

Minnesota vs. New York (5 games)

Minnesota vs. Tampa Bay (6 games)

National League

Atlanta vs. San Francisco (5 games)

Cincinatti vs. Philadelphia (3 games) Sorry Zero... :(

San Francisco vs. Philadelphia (5 games)

World Series

Minnesota vs. Philadelphia (5 games)

What I hope for:

Twins beat Yankees in 4

Rays beat Rangers in 4

Phillies beat Reds in 3

Braves beat Giants in 5

Rays beat Twins in 5

Phillies beat Braves in 6

Rays beat Phillies in 6

What I think will really happen:

Yankees beat Twins in 4

Rays beat Rangers in 4

Phillies beat Reds in 3

Braves beat Giants in 5

Yankees beat Rays in 7

Phillies beat Braves in 6

Yankees beat Phillies in 5

There is no god

Phuck all you Philly phans! :crying:

Ouch, that hurts.

Anywho, I agree with damshow's predictions, that's really how I want to see it go down Twins/Phillies World Series (as a Phillies fan), plus Thome vs. Phillies would be nice to see.

And on a related note, I'll be at NLDS Game 1 tomorrow, so yay :)

gfx_main_content_16.jpg

Hey, that's been my philosophy for years! I hope the Reds destroy the Phillies, and make Ryan Howard's fat ass cry. Then it's an easier road for a Yankee repeat. :shifty:

I'd really like to see the Twins beat the Yankees. I mean they eventually have to, right?

I would love nothing more than a Yankees/Reds World Series. The most famous team in baseball vs. the oldest team in baseball. Of course, it would be a tough one for the Reds, but if they can beat the Phillies, they can beat the Yankees.

Baseball playoffs.....or as TBS refers to it "programming we air in the middle of Conan promos!"

I'm taking Twins in 5 over Yankees. Twins probably need Liriano and Pavano to come up big but Yankee pitching after Sabathia is shot. Liriano must win Game 1.

Rays in 4 over Texas. Angels dropped the ball on Vlad last off season so it is good to see him get another crack at a ring eventhough I don't see them beating Tampa.

As much as it pains me to say it, Phillies in 4. It can easily be a sweep. I want t see Halladay do well since I've always been a big fan of his but I just wanted the Jays to trade him to a team I didn't hate.

Giants in 3. Bobby Cox's career will end with yet another early exit from playoffs. I love the Giants pitching.

Rays over Twins in 5

Giants over Phillies in 7

Rays over Giants in 6