Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

So it looks like the Red pitchers are trying to systematically pick off the Phillies hitters..lets hear it for sportsmanship..

Sure...just like we'll pretend the ball that hit Ruiz wasn't intentional

Things I never thought I'd see:

1) 5 Unearned Runs & 4 Errors... Check

2) Rick Ankiel hitting a game-winning HR... Check

3) Kyle Farnsworth getting a DP on bases loaded, 1 out... Check

WHAT A DAY!

EDIT - And I'm sorry, you don't intentionally hit guys in the playoffs. The pitches that hit the Phillies batters were results of jitters from an inexperienced, young team. They happen. I watched the game with Phils fans, none of them thought the pitches were intentional.

Edited by damshow

What's the general opinion on the owners of the Red Sox?

Since they took over, they've won two World Series - with a team that had went 86 years without one. They can't always catch the Yankees, won't with the money... but they still do decent with what they can.

The Sox were stagnant and shit for years, with spurts here and there. But these guys have put in investment with players and in Fenway Park. There's been consistent winning seasons, numerous playoff births, and Fenway has sold out 600+ games in a row.

Just every fourth year you'll have a bunch of injuries which fuck over the team and you end up midtable.

Alright Phillies Phans, here's what I need from you: I'm going to the game tonight and I would really appreciate it if the Phillies could just let us have this one. I'd be quite happy if The Reds managed to win another one, perhaps even this series, but honestly, I'd just be happy with The Reds not losing when I'm there. It would be quite the bummer. C'mon, you already got a no-hitter, it's not like you need to add "sweep" to this. Sweep the Yankees, not the Reds. K? Thanks!

Alright Phillies Phans, here's what I need from you: I'm going to the game tonight and I would really appreciate it if the Phillies could just let us have this one. I'd be quite happy if The Reds managed to win another one, perhaps even this series, but honestly, I'd just be happy with The Reds not losing when I'm there. It would be quite the bummer. C'mon, you already got a no-hitter, it's not like you need to add "sweep" to this. Sweep the Yankees, not the Reds. K? Thanks!

Let us know how it was...if the park gets flooded by tears of sorrow and all..

I would like to say we'd be good sports about it. First playoff appearance in 15 years, first playoff game in this stadium, and we had a great season. Sucks if we don't advance, but we went down to the best team in baseball right now and while it'd disappointing, at least we got this much.

However, after the way the Bengals played today, I don't think this city can handle anymore heartbreak.

I would like to say we'd be good sports about it. First playoff appearance in 15 years, first playoff game in this stadium, and we had a great season. Sucks if we don't advance, but we went down to the best team in baseball right now and while it'd disappointing, at least we got this much.

However, after the way the Bengals played today, I don't think this city can handle anymore heartbreak.

I admit, you guys basically handed us the game on Friday. With all the errors and the 2 3 hit by pitches, it really seemed like the Reds said "Here..win the game!"

But the Reds have a solid team. Another 2 or 3 years...I oculd see them being in the position the Phillies are now of being looked at as a lock for the playoffs each season, especially if they pull Chapman from the pen next season and use him as a starter

And thanks for showing up Reds