AFL '10

Shoulda heard me swearing when I found out :shifty:

They'll give me shit at work now because I was so looking forward to the end of the season and getting away from the sport for 6 mths

I'd say it could've been the weather.. I didn't watch the game, obviously, but at about 3:30-4pm we had a kick-ass piss down of rain in Geelong

Edited by Rocky Feller

It was pretty funny at my place. My sister was watching DVD's while I was building my new PC. I came out to ask her a question and as I did, she flicked it over to get a score update. It was 30 secs to go, haha. We watched the end and then she said "so what happens now?" and I said "they go to extra time. I'm pretty sure that's what happened last time." Then it didn't happen...and I was disgusted.

No Overtime? What kind of ass-backwards game are they playing in Melbourne?

It's a shame that they don't play on Sunday - AFL Grand Final vs NRL Grand Final would be epic but the ratings would tank.

But seriously... No Extra/Over Time? This isn't the 1970's anymore.

Extra/OT is for every final but the Grand Final.

And I started watching it with 10 minutes left, and I kept thinking Saints would finally do it and get over annnnnnd not quite. I think the Saints get the most outta this though, because their still upbeat and aren't bitching that much about it. nearly every Collingwood report I read says they think it isn't fair they have to come back next week, and thats going to cost them.

Shoulda heard me swearing when I found out :shifty:

They'll give me shit at work now because I was so looking forward to the end of the season and getting away from the sport for 6 mths

I'd say it could've been the weather.. I didn't watch the game, obviously, but at about 3:30-4pm we had a kick-ass piss down of rain in Geelong

No rain until after it finished actually, was pretty good weather in Melbourne for once at this time of year.

As Ace said, the rules are for draws in the AFL go like this.

Regular season - Stays as a draw, 2 points given to each side (4 for a win, 0 for a loss)

Finals Series - 5 mins extra time, ends changed and another 5 mins.

Grand Final - Come back and play the same time next week

Although if it's a draw this time, extra time will be played so we get a result after two weeks.

I like the idea of the grand final reply. 5 minutes either way after a gruelling game like that just doesn't seem fitting enough to end the season. Give them another week to prepare for it and go at it again.. and hopefully history repeats itself and Collingwood lose another replay.

Carn Sainters!

Yeah, for all the people have been criticising the rule, we have to remember that many are also critical the other way too.

When a soccer final is won in penalties, there will always be people saying that it shouldn't be used for deciding a winner of the tournament/season. So basically, people will complain no matter what is done by those in charge.

And for the record, I'm in favour of the replay in case nobody could tell

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

Yeah this really does seem the fairest way IMO. I think all the talk that they need to change it is quite humerous really.. I mean this is the third time it has happened. 1948, 1977 and now 2010. An even that occurs every 30 years, doesn't need to be changed.

watch me have to eat humble pie now, it will probably be a draw next year :-p

If you are contracted to X amount of hours and you are unable to work those hours due to issues with the business you don't have to make up the hours. It's the same rule as being knocked off early, if the boss sends you home you get paid for the time. If they shut you get paid for the time. If you are casual you don't get paid, then again you shouldn't have set and contracted hours.

Anything that means more Didak, Wellingham and Del Santo on my television is a good thing.

Edited by QuomQuat

Watch for the masses of people moving away from Melbourne for the next few weeks and you'll know they won :lol:

The Pies fans booing when Malthouse (their own coach) was being positive about the Saints' future was yet another reminder of why people really dislike it when Collingwood do well.