Leeds/Reading 2010

Dan

This will be my first big festival. I was at Big Day Out on Glasgow Green years back (RHCP, QOTSA, Foo Fighters, etc), but I'll be heading to Reading for the whole weekend! Gonna cost about £400 in total for my train and weekend tickets, but it's gonna be ace.

If anyone fancies meeting up with me and my conglomerate of pals from across the UK who are going, please let me know! I'm planning on taking a crate of Irn Bru, a crate of Budweiser and a barbecue (somehow). Gonna be a sexy time.

Lock-Up is announced tonight!

Bad Religion, Sick Of It All, Strike Anywhere, Against Me!, Paint It Black + others...basically already confirmed.

Personally I'm hoping the line-up is shit. :shifty:

Also apparently, Rusko, Benga, Hadouken and Kids In Glass Houses are self-confirmed for elsewhere.

Edited by YI

I'm sorry...did...did you say Bad Religion?

This is going to be the best weekend of my life.

Hyped for and never seen (in order of hypedness):

Bad Religion

NOFX

Serj Tankian

Billy Talent

Guns n' Roses

Biffy Clyro

Streetlight Manifesto

We Are Scientists

The Gaslight Anthem

Against Me!

Hyped for but seen before:

Gogol Bordello

Queens of the Stone Age

Strike Anywhere

Slightly interested (no order):

Limp Bizkit

Blink 182

Modest Mouse

Weezer

Cypress Hill

Enter Shikari

Delphic

Alkaline Trio

Blood or Whiskey

Zebrahead

The rest is stuff I'll probably check out for fun. The Big Pink better not suck like a Dyson.

What the hell...the entire 'Lock In' section from the site has disappeared. It was definitely there. Alkaline Trio were headlining Friday and Bad Religion were headlining Saturday. :(

Against Me! and Streetlight Manifesto were on the Lock In bit for Friday. Cancer Bats were on the Saturday. My mind is blanking here. Strike Anywhere were on the Friday bit...total mind blank. I wish I'd taken a screen cap!

Finally, I found the listings elsewhere! This is what was just on the main Reading Festival site before suddenly disappearing:

Friday

Alkaline Trio

Sick Of It All

Against Me

Hatebreed

Streetlight Manifesto

Strike Anywhere

This Is Hell

Static Thought

Civit

The Skints

Crazy Arm

Blood Or Whiskey

Saturday

Bad Religion

The Get Up Kids

Cancer Bats

Zebrahead

Crime In Stereo

RX Bandits

Trash Talk

Paint In Black

Off With Their Heads

Moral Dilemma

Edited by The Kraig

Pretty good. Not as good as last year though IMO. A bunch of bands I've seen before though. Honestly shocked at the lack of Sharks, although I could see them potentially opening NME on the Friday (Leeds).

A bit more 'hardcore' leaning than the last few years. SOIA, Hatebreed, Paint It Black, Trash Talk, Cancer Bats, Static Thought, This Is Hell.

No Big D is strange...given the fact they said they were playing/have a full tour booked for August. :/

Really, the only bands I haven't seen and would LOOOOVE to would be Paint It Black, Off With Their Heads and Rx Bandits.

Oh Civet's that band of fitties aint it? I'd see them for a perv.

Edited by YI

Okay, I'm officially starting rumours of Gaslight Anthem as the 2-set band, given that the BR day is the Arcade Fire headline day...and there's less bands announced for the Lock-Up...and really, looking at who's announced...who the fuck else could it be? (if there is one)

Even though I just made that up myself, part of me believes it and now wants to go. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Dance tent;

Roots Manuva

Magnetic Man

Metronomy

Four Tet

Chiddy Bang

Holy Fuck

Health

Japanese Popstars

Lights

Rusko

Sub Focus

L’Amour Lamorgue (Leeds only)

And also added;

Even more names have joined the already incredible line-up.

The King Blues are the final name to be added to The Main Stage.

Kids In Glass Houses, Hadouken!, 3OH!3, Band Of Skulls, Everything Everything, Rolo Tomassi have joined the Friday line-up on the NME/Radio 1 Stage along with Miike Snow, Los Campesinos!, Local Natives and Goldheart Assembly who all play on Saturday.

Not a bad batch. Los Camp!, Rolo Tomassi, Band Of Skulls, Miike Snow.

Edited by YI

We were going to see them last year...just for giggles (was when they'd only released that god awful "Helen Keller" song)...but someone else was on, dunno who, so we saw them instead.

We were going to see them last year...just for giggles (was when they'd only released that god awful "Helen Keller" song)...but someone else was on, dunno who, so we saw them instead.

Can't believe you're not going this year (N)

Can't believe you're not going this year (N)

I might do, depends on my money situation/if I can ebay a fairly cheap ticket. For the most part, it's a weird year this year. The main stage is probably the best it's looked in recent memory, but everything else (Lock-Up) especially is a bit of a disappointment. Plus it's becoming more and more apparent the stuff I do want to see are going to end up clashing. Bah. And there seems to be lots of gaps where there's nothing I want to see...I know there's still basically 2-stages left to announce, but not really feeling it. Not touting a ticket just to see The Libertines, when they'll blatantly tour afterwards anyway.

Apparently Gallows are playing are playing Lock-Up on Friday (Leeds) and Saturday (Reading) before Rx Bandits as "The Rats". Eugh. :/

• 2 months later...
Guest adameast

Dragging this from the grave!

Who's going? Who you seeing?

I'm at Reading, you may or may not see me on the Introducing Stage though, its very up in the air... The Lock Up isn't as consistent as last year, and there are horrendous clashes on the second day, but I **think** my weekend is :

FRIDAY

YOUNG GINS - We played with them last year, and think they've really deserved this slot, ala SB6 at last years fest

A DAY TO REMEMBER - I've heard they're terrible live, but "Downfall Of Us All" is one of my favorite songs at the moment

BILLY TALENT - Always good fun, saw them last year and thoroughly enjoyed

GOGOL BORDELLO - Always good fun! Not the kind of music I listen too but they're a great fest band

NOFX - The greatest festival band of all time, middle of the first day, gonna be drunk and merry, cannot go wrong

LOSTPROPHETS - Absolutely destroyed in their headline slot on NME tent last year and I'm surprised they're playing this low on the main stage after an interview I read, but they're full of hits

BIFFY CLYRO - My token "because there is nothing else on" band...

SICK OF IT ALL - I've always had a soft spot for them, so gonna get haaaaardcore

ALKALINE TRIO - Soft spot aswell, not a huge fan, but I imagine it'll be a great set

So, Friday is alot of mainstage, which is surprising as I usually see 5/6 bands on the mainstage all weekend... I may go watch Against Me! if Biffy are as boring as I expect, I'm a little upset that ADTR are on the mainstage on Friday and early, as I know they're not good live, and the sound on that stage is even worse, so it may just be an embarrassment

SATURDAY

ROLO TOMASSI - I'm intrigued, thats about it

THE FUTUREHEADS - Classic nu-wave indiepop, looking forward to it

GALLOWS - Or advertised as "The Rats" were amazing last year, will be amazing again

KIDS IN GLASS HOUSES - I'm not the biggest fan, but they've got some hits

FRANK TURNER - see above

DIZZEE RASCAL - see above

THE GET UP KIDS - My favorite band of all time... Genuinly, everyone will be watching Libertines or Enter Shikari so hopefully me and Dewees can do it with our eyes!

ASH - Again, one of my most favorite bands and an amazing festival band, spesh on the Festival Republic stage

Saturday is alot of filler, but sadly I'm going to miss a few of the bands I'm intrigued to see, may see a few given the actual timetable when its released but I'd like to catch RX Bandits and Crime In Stereo if I can... I'm going to set the tent on fire during 3OH!3 because they make me sick.

SUNDAY

MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK - One of my favorite bands, my old band did a few shows with them a few years back and they're soooo good live, just summer pop hits

THE KING BLUES - Heard alot of stories about them just being meh, but ohwell

THRICE - One of my best friends is their biggest fan, and I trust his judgement even if I don't like them much on record

ALL TIME LOW - I'm not much of a fan but they do have some hits

YOU ME AT SIX - Last year they completely owned on the NME stage, and I'm excited to see if they step up

LIMP BIZKIT - Classic cheesy nu metal will be cheesefest

PARAMORE - Never seen them before, but I'm sure they'd come off great at a festival

WEEZER - One of my favorite bands, and a great live band, saw them back in 02/03 whenever they were last over, cannot wait

BLINK 182 - Second behind TGUK on my list of all time bands, and cannot wait to see them again.

So, the whole mainstage practically? Pretty crazy, but its going to be huge and great fun... Blink will own, Weezer will own, it will all own.

Going on the Wednesday if anyone wants to join in extreme smashage

I am working at Leeds, Campsite Assistant Team member, Rolo Tomassi are awesome, but I am still put off that the first time I saw them the singer was 14 and I didn't realise, may have letched on her a bit too much. Those noises shouldn't have come out of a 14 year olds mouth, Jesus does she makes some strange growly sounds on mic.

• 3 weeks later...