Leeds/Reading 2010

Dan

Lock-Up rumours ahooooy (based on touring patterns/who's here in August/Europe in August)

Bad Religion

Big D & The Kids Table

Streetlight Manifesto

Catch 22

Polar Bear Club

Lagwagon

No Use For A Name

And I'd put good money on NOFX doing the "Alexisonfire gig" (low main stage, high lock-up).

I was skipping this year entirely, but that Friday Leeds lineup won me over to day tickets. Wouldn't have bought weekend ones regardless with that lineup, having seen 'GNR' in 2002 and the likes of Blink and Limp Bizkit being school nostalgia trips rather than actual bands I'd want to see. Would've watched Weezer and QOTSA (again... does Josh Homme play every year in some capacity?) though. Even the second stages are a mix of meh (Big Pink, Mumford and Sons) and seen em befores (We Are Scientists, Foals, Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem), I'll save me money this time round.

How 90's is Satdy main stage by the way? Limp, Blink, Weezer, Cypress Hill, just need to add Hole and its 1995!

• 2 weeks later...

2nd announcement this morning;

MAIN STAGE

[Arcade Fire Day]

Mystery Jets

The Futureheads

The Walkmen

[blink 182 Day]

Thrice

Motion City Soundtrack

[Guns N' Roses Day]

A Day To Remember

Young Guns

--------------------------

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

[Pendulum Day]

Serj Tankian

[Klaxons Day]

Wild Beasts

[LCD Soundsystem Day]

Girls

New Young Pony Club

Surfer Blood

Frankie and the Heartstrings

...and Reel Big Fish are apparently a self-confirmation.

I mean it's another good announcement, but I think it's gotten to the stage I've seen too many bands, because there's nothing that really screams for me to want to go (besides Libertines, just as well really). I will say, the main stage especially is really strong for the most part (lots of 'big' bands).

Frankie on NME leaves a bit of a weird taste. I mean they're a good local band, so I'm happy about it...but they don't have an album out and last I heard the album's not even due until November. :/ I mean, give them a Marina & The Diamonds place on Festival Republic, mid-afternoon chilling, that's fine...but that days NME just reaks of total "These are some new trendwhore bands" day.

Edited by YI

The Arcade Fire are one of the best live Bands ever, but i am surprised that they are headlining big Festivalls already.

I lol at GNR. The last time they were booked in germany they ended up getting on stage 3 houres late... playing like 4 in the morning.

Guns N Roses are fucking terrible live. Seen them twice now. Awful.

Really? I saw them at the Sheffield Arena on their last world tour and they were really good. Maybe they suit in door venues better than outdoor?

Frankie on NME leaves a bit of a weird taste. I mean they're a good local band, so I'm happy about it...but they don't have an album out and last I heard the album's not even due until November. :/ I mean, give them a Marina & The Diamonds place on Festival Republic, mid-afternoon chilling, that's fine...but that days NME just reaks of total "These are some new trendwhore bands" day.

I think you're being a bit harsh there YI. I've heard Tender on daytime radio 1 (admittedly it was Huw Stevens, but still) and they're on the Evolution festy bill directly below Futureheads and Field Music, for me thats easily criteria for 12:45 in the tent. I wouldn't have been too shocked to see them 3rd or 4th up to be honest, who the fup are Girls?

I think you're being a bit harsh there YI. I've heard Tender on daytime radio 1 (admittedly it was Huw Stevens, but still) and they're on the Evolution festy bill directly below Futureheads and Field Music, for me thats easily criteria for 12:45 in the tent. I wouldn't have been too shocked to see them 3rd or 4th up to be honest, who the fup are Girls?

They're that high on the Evolution bill because they're a local band. And those underneath them are 12-year old looking pop-punkers who I've never heard of, some bird I ain't heard of and another local band (who I have heard of, and are rather good from what I've heard). I still stand by my point - I think it's a little too high for them, especially if they don't have an album out. Granted they did it with Delphic last year as well. I just think NME is too high for them already.

And Girls are a proper trendwhore band, do shoegaze/trippy sort of stuff. They used to be Amish or some shit. Just do a load of drugs. They have that one song that's alright, but the album just draaaaaaags.

Edited by YI

Streetlight Manifesto announce London show for the 22nd of August. 99.99% they're playing again, I'd honestly be really surprised if they're not (who called a ska heavy year! :shifty:). All we need is Farse and/or Capdown and it's sorted. :shifty:

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

Sick Of It All self-confirmed (probable Lock-Up headliners). Good band. Full lock-Up announcement is apparently this week or next, on Mike Davies' radio show. When the lock-up's announced that's basically when I decide whether potentially ebay-ing a ticket might be a good move. But as things stand, doubt I'll have the money to do that anyway.

Ash have apparently said something about playing too. I'd have thought they'd be main stage, so not sure where they'd fit now. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, whilst the lock-up hasn't been announced some stuff's filtering through. Things are looking highly likely that NOFX will play twice, Sick Of It All and Bad Religion seem to be playing, as are Reel Big Fish and Big D. PAINT IT BLACK!!, Off With Their Heads and Strike Anywhere are on too. Plus Streetlight's show on the 22nd hints at them again too. No news on Lagwagon/No Use For A Name apparently coming over in the summer, but it's still a possibility, albeit slight-ish.

I think it's being officially announced in a week or two. PIB and OWTH has me quite wanting to go...grrrrrr.

Edited by YI