John Higgins Scandal

Baddar

He's been secretly filmed in Kiev agreeing to purposely lose frames in exchange of a 300,000 euro's payment.

World Snooker have suspended him from all tournament play until this is resolved. In an official statement he claimed that he thought it was the Russian mafia which had him scared, so he just wanted to go along with them and get out of the country ASAP.

I believed him until I saw the video. I mean, he looks very relaxed and doesn't look uncomfortable at all.

Decide for yourselves;

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/video/?videoId=2160_801939&videoChannel=NOTW:News

If he is found guilty, it would be a massive shame, considering the sport has already handed out lengthy bans to players for match fixing and there was an allegation made against Stephen Maguire not too long ago for the same thing.

A potential argument against Higgins is that even though he's world number 1, the prize money for snooker isn't very high and there's not as many ranking tournaments nowadays as there was a few years ago.

He comes across as a really nice guy, and I also believed his side of the story until I saw him. He just looked far too relaxed, especially over the talk of money and suggesting the property as an idea. It's gonna be a shame for the sport, but maybe Ding will now win.