Have I Got News For You

hugobomb

So I read (in the metro I think, cos the only other paper I read was The Times, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in that :shifty:) yesterday that Lembit Opik did a stand-up gig.

Haven't watched this weeks HIGNFY yet, will do later.

Oh dear. this program is becoming painful to watch. If I want to watch Have I Got News For You in future I shall look for mid 90s clips on youtube. >_>

"the size of Luxembourg but with all the appeal of Belgium" was the nadir. Paul Merton rounding on the audience for laughing at something daft have been the most funny bits recently, but unfortunately it's beginning to sum up the whole program.

Oh dear.

Yeah, that last episode was painful. I actually quite like Prescott, and I felt he did pretty well in terms of giving as good as he got - even if it obviously took a thousand takes to do the standard presenting bits - but the series is fast just becoming Ian Hislop being a dick to the presenter for half an hour, and especially on the Prescott episode it made for genuinely uncomfortable watching in places. Though Prescott's "do you believe everything you read in Private Eye?" was about as good a comeback as any. Don't think it helps that Merton barely said a word all night, either.

And on the continuing adventures of Lembit Opik, he appeared on Liz Kershaw's show on 6Music last weekend, renaming the "It's My Party" spot to "It Used To Be My Party", and apparently his ultimate party soundtrack would include Scissor Sisters, The Jackson 5 and some obscure bluegrass.