The 2010 Summer transfer thread

I figure I might as well explain why I don't rate Gerrard at all so I don't just appear to be a cynical bastard who hates anything Liverpool <_<

What you're forgetting is that both of our prominant Liverpool fans on this board (Rockbox and hbobo) want Gerrard to be sold, as do many other Liverpool fans. They want rid of him because they see the money that they'd get from him as being more worthwhile than keeping him. They don't value him yet value him at the same time.

This is why it's very hard for me to picture a team legitimately going for him, especially when the owners will probably want at LEAST £35m for him. He is really too much of a risk to be bought considering what you have here is a player who has never left his country, is technically poor and has only one style of play and position.

But is apparently worth £30m+ because every now and again he punts the ball from 30 yards at the direction of the goalkeeper <_<

I figure I might as well explain why I don't rate Gerrard at all so I don't just appear to be a cynical bastard who hates anything Liverpool <_<

What you're forgetting is that both of our prominant Liverpool fans on this board (Rockbox and hbobo) want Gerrard to be sold, as do many other Liverpool fans. They want rid of him because they see the money that they'd get from him as being more worthwhile than keeping him. They don't value him yet value him at the same time.

This is why it's very hard for me to picture a team legitimately going for him, especially when the owners will probably want at LEAST £35m for him. He is really too much of a risk to be bought considering what you have here is a player who has never left his country, is technically poor and has only one style of play and position.

But is apparently worth £30m+ because every now and again he punts the ball from 30 yards at the direction of the goalkeeper <_<

He is worth 30m though in todays market and that's because almost every player is over priced in football today. Yes, he's just had a very average season by his standards and is aging, but that doesn't change the fact that he's still a fantastic player with great experiance. I'd take Gerrard into my team any day of the week and still personally rate him up there with a lot of the best.

Madrid would have no problem over paying for him anyway. That all said, going to Madrid may not be the best idea. I still think he'll stick by Liverpool anyway and really hope he does to be quite honest. I'd rather not see the likes of Gerrard, Torres and Fabregas going to Spain, because they're important for the English game.

Based on name Gerrard can garner a lot of money, but based on performance in the last year he's probably not worth it.

Yesterday, Joe Cole was supposedly going to reject a move up to Manchester in favour of a London club ala Arsenal or Spurs.

Today, Joe Cole is supposedly going to reject Arsenal in favour of Manchester United.

If the papers are going to make shit up, they could at least follow each other's lead. :shifty:

Yesterday, Joe Cole was supposedly going to reject a move up to Manchester in favour of a London club ala Arsenal or Spurs.

Today, Joe Cole is supposedly going to reject Arsenal in favour of Manchester United.

If the papers are going to make shit up, they could at least follow each other's lead. :shifty:

Clearly both are right. He will reject Arsenal and Manchester United to come to Spurs :D

• Like 2

You're all wrong, Joe Cole is going to a MLS team

(Y) I like that one :shifty: I mean didn't you know that after Henry shows up that Ronaldihno/Ze Roberto/Zidane/Raul and everyone else is showing up <_<

In actual news:

So McSheffrey back to Coventry ... I like that too.

• Like 1

I still think Cole will go Spurs. Redknapp seems to be the only guy talking about him regularly in the press and how other bigger clubs are more likely to get him. I can just see this as a way of raising Cole's profile so when he joins Spurs, Redknapp can claim it as a sign the team are growing now they are beating other clubs for big-name players.

• Like 1

United appaz out the Cole race. I reckon Spurs.. they're gonna be good next year.

Petrov is quality when fit, woulda liked him down the Villa.

Really? Where'd you hear that? Last I heard was Redknapp claiming he feels United have done the deal with Cole already. Haven't even seen any rumours in it since.

Still sweating on the move. I really want us to get him and I'll be baffled as to why if we don't.

United appaz out the Cole race. I reckon Spurs.. they're gonna be good next year.

Petrov is quality when fit, woulda liked him down the Villa.

Really? Where'd you hear that? Last I heard was Redknapp claiming he feels United have done the deal with Cole already. Haven't even seen any rumours in it since.

Still sweating on the move. I really want us to get him and I'll be baffled as to why if we don't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8755088.stm

Manchester United have ruled out a summer move for England international Joe Cole, BBC Sport understands.

The 28-year-old midfielder was released by Chelsea earlier this month after falling out of favour with manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Even before his Stamford Bridge exit, Cole had been linked with several other Premier League clubs.

Arsenal and Tottenham are said to be favourites to sign him but United are not expected to be one of the bidders.

Chelsea confirmed Cole's departure when they announced German midfielder Michael Ballack and right-back Juliano Belletti would also be leaving.

And although Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been a long-time admirer of Cole, a senior club source at Old Trafford said he would not be making a summer move to sign him.

Cole began his career at West Ham under Harry Redknapp, who is now manager of Spurs, and who will be able to offer him Champions League football next season should he wish to bring him to White Hart Lane.

Chelsea signed the Londoner for a fee of £6.6m in the summer of 2003 after West Ham were relegated from the Premier League under his captaincy.

Cole, who scored 52 times in 396 appearances for Chelsea, has netted 10 times in 54 matches for England.

He is part of the 23-man squad at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, although he did not feature in the opening two group matches.

Damn that senior club source :angry: