ROCK MUSIC IS DEAD

METALMAN

As long as he's not talking about crap like FFDP or Jobforacowboy...

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I think rock music while not being "popular" that it isn't dead. Sure rock has not had a top album band but that don't mean shit anymore. Album sales are an over-rated method. Look at concerts, U2 had the #1 grossing tour last year in sold out stadiums. Could Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga do it, not at this point Perhaps Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers could but not most pop bands.

I think rock music while not being "popular" that it isn't dead. Sure rock has not had a top album band but that don't mean shit anymore. Album sales are an over-rated method. Look at concerts, U2 had the #1 grossing tour last year in sold out stadiums. Could Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga do it, not at this point Perhaps Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers could but not most pop bands.

The Jonas brothers only appeal to people/Little girls because of their purity rings, And even still they couldn't have a tour like U2 had, Also Miley Cyrus is a man shifty.gif

She did apparently give a 66-year-old gay man a lapdance...

[facepalm][/facepalm]

[facepalm][/facepalm]

Dude, you like Testament, I couldn't care less about your opinion of my music taste as to like a god awful band like that you automatically lose your right to an opinion that matters to me :)

• Like 1

Same thing to you, replace "Testament" with "Jobforaposerboy".

Never said I actually liked them though did I? Just they were "alright" much like I would categorise a lot of things that I don't care either way about... but Testament, they're offensive dude, just plain offensive.

How so?

And are we talking about just Formation of Damnation, or are we also talking about their earlier work?

Everything is just so unimaginative and dull, they're an early thrash band and they haven't done anything that really inspiring or anything, they aren't a band who have made something out of the genre other than being middle of the road and dull thrash. Its not like they are Anthrax or Slayer, you know seminal and a bit different, they are just dull... Plus I grew out of Thrash like that about oooooooh 10 years ago when I was 13 and realised that there is much better music out their and musicians who can do something special with their instruments rather than just be fast and noisy, but each to their own, I still like some stuff from that kind of genre, but, meh.

TBH it sounds more like you're talking about their earlier stuff, which I agree wasn't exactly the most inspired thrash ever.

But Testament of the 80s/early 90s is not the same sound as The Gathering or Formation of Damnation.