Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Outrageous. And their reasoning is pathetic. Slump is form? Hardy. They're 11th now and that would be a fantastic finish for them!! Hope that they go back down now.

Howay, just because our chairman is a wanker isn't a good reason to hope we go down. At least we've not been hounding out our manager Liverpool style. Probably don't need to hope too much anyway, just wait and watch the fun unfold...

Outrageous. And their reasoning is pathetic. Slump is form? Hardy. They're 11th now and that would be a fantastic finish for them!! Hope that they go back down now.

Howay, just because our chairman is a wanker isn't a good reason to hope we go down. At least we've not been hounding out our manager Liverpool style. Probably don't need to hope too much anyway, just wait and watch the fun unfold...

They've also sacked Barron..

Still got Steve Stone though...

Still got Steve Stone though...

Yes, I think he will be excellent for Newcastles goalkeeping prospects. :S

Just watching Sky Sports News, and seeing him walking to his car with fans walking up to him, shaking his hand and offering condolences makes you realise quite how fucking stupid the decision was, and really really makes me feel sorry for a top manager and a nice bloke. Surely for once the media can't trump up a 'not living up to fans high expectations' story?

Will we now witness the return of MON? When do Newcastle come to VP? That will be a very interesting reception. Although I can't see him staying there long with Ashley. MON likes an open cheque book and has to get everything his way. He also said one of his proudest achievements at Villa was relegating Newcastle, as he is a Sunderland fan. Interesting.

A few Newcastle fans saying Pardew has been tapped up. Oh dear.

Edited by ONO

Just watching Sky Sports News, and seeing him walking to his car with fans walking up to him, shaking his hand and offering condolences makes you realise quite how fucking stupid the decision was, and really really makes me feel sorry for a top manager and a nice bloke. Surely for once the media can't trump up a 'not living up to fans high expectations' story?

I know I'm a realistic Newcastle fan, but personally I'd have been happy this season with 17th by 1 goal difference, as long as we consolidated our Premier League status.

I've just put on my facebook that the new manager will have no money to spend in January or the summer, no job security, an interfering and utterly useless chairman and boardroom, the fans will already be against him (save it being some wonder appointment) and apparent board expectations that 11th is not good enough for a newly promoted team with a squad that is short on depth and bloated on wages.

It's quite possibly the worst job in football and only a fool would take it on. If he reappoints Kinnear the pair of them had better not come within 200 miles of St. James' or they'll be hung from the Gallowgate.

Will we now witness the return of MON? When do Newcastle come to VP? That will be a very interesting reception. Although I can't see him staying there long with Ashley. MON likes an open cheque book and has to get everything his way. He also said one of his proudest achievements at Villa was relegating Newcastle, as he is a Sunderland fan. Interesting.

A few Newcastle fans saying Pardew has been tapped up. Oh dear.

MON? Not a hope in hell. He got pissed at Randy Lerner, who personally I think is one of the best chairmen in the league, he'd have Ashley by the throat before they'd even signed a contract. Newcastle are at VP on April 9th, where we'll probably get relegated again.

I just find it hard to believe that a Newcastle manager who has steered the club back into the Premier League, got the club sitting respectably in mid-table, and spearheaded a 5-1 over Sunderland can be discarded so easily. Don't get me wrong, they looked largely clueless against West Brom at the weekend, but a lot of clubs are struggling for consistency this season. If they've been planning to do it for a while though, then they couldn't have picked a better time, I suppose. They've got a few weeks to sort out a manager, let him acclimatise to some degree and then give him a bit of money to tinker during the transfer window.

My facebook simply says 'Get out of our club this time? Please?'

I'd agree with all of that other than I don't think the fans will give the new manager stick, unless of course it is Joe Fucking Kinnear.

Edit: Bado, bear in mind too that against West Brom we were missing both our starting centre halves, playing Shola with an injury and missing Nolan and Barton. We had to start Danny Guthrie! If Ashley didn't expect us to lose that one he's mental.

Edited by Colly

MON? Not a hope in hell. He got pissed at Randy Lerner, who personally I think is one of the best chairmen in the league, he'd have Ashley by the throat before they'd even signed a contract. Newcastle are at VP on April 9th, where we'll probably get relegated again.

Good point. I couldn't see MON working with Ashley. He wouldn't work with Ellis under Villa, and Ashley seems to be right up there in the prick department. Hopefully by then we will have sorted ourselves out and have a few new faces in. We definitely need revenge after that hammering we got up there.

I just find it hard to believe that a Newcastle manager who has steered the club back into the Premier League, got the club sitting respectably in mid-table, and spearheaded a 5-1 over Sunderland can be discarded so easily. Don't get me wrong, they looked largely clueless against West Brom at the weekend, but a lot of clubs are struggling for consistency this season. If they've been planning to do it for a while though, then they couldn't have picked a better time, I suppose. They've got a few weeks to sort out a manager, let him acclimatise to some degree and then give him a bit of money to tinker during the transfer window.

To be fair though you only have to look at their midfield against WBA.

It also looks like Danny Simpson has threw in the towel for the match this coming Saturday. http://twitter.com/#!/dannysimpson12

Edited by ONO