Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Are all of Spurs midfield injured?

Good comeback for West Ham, I want them to stay up, nice to see Wigan nick a point from Liverpool too, hopefully this crushs King Kennys revolution and we can go back to mocking Liverpool each week ¬.¬

• Like 1

VdV, Bale and Modric are out. I'd imagine Harry is hoping on getting something out of at least two of them in the AC Milan match if he can so didn't push them for today.

Lennon is on the bench, probably rested for the AC Milan game. Our squad is big enough that Pienaar, Jenas and Kranjcar should be able to do the job against Sunderland. It's just Sandro I'm worried about.

Corluka and Kranjcar have been our only players who have offered any creativity whatsoever....Which is good when one's a right back. <_<

Our forwards have been terrible this season. Sandro is terrible and Pienaar has been quiet.

Lovely backheel from Kranjcar then. :wub:

We went from beating Chelsea last weekend to drawing with Wigan this weekend. Bah. I'm ready for this season to be over.

That was pretty predictable. The players were so worked up for the Chelsea game (for so many reasons) that they were likely to be drained of physical and emotional energy in the immediate aftermath.

Funny coincidence: Guess what the scoreline was in Liverpool's first match after they beat Chelsea at Anfield back in November.

Wigan 1 - 1 Liverpool :shifty:

Something else that may or may not be coincidence: Chelsea have been beaten 7 times in the league this season. Only one of those teams (City) won their subsequent game. Liverpool, Sunderland, Birmingham, Arsenal, Wolves and Liverpool (again) did not.

We went from beating Chelsea last weekend to drawing with Wigan this weekend. Bah. I'm ready for this season to be over.

That was pretty predictable. The players were so worked up for the Chelsea game (for so many reasons) that they were likely to be drained of physical and emotional energy in the immediate aftermath.

Funny coincidence: Guess what the scoreline was in Liverpool's first match after they beat Chelsea at Anfield back in November.

Wigan 1 - 1 Liverpool :shifty:

Something else that may or may not be coincidence: Chelsea have been beaten 7 times in the league this season. Only one of those teams (City) won their subsequent game. Liverpool, Sunderland, Birmingham, Arsenal, Wolves and Liverpool (again) did not.

It was a frustrating game watching it in the pub. Suarez was unlucky not to get a goal after hitting the bar of a freekick and hitting the post in the first half, also a bit annoying when Suarez was fouled on the edge of the box but the ball went to Maxi who was one on one only for the ref to bring back for a freekick, we were just a bit lackluster really. Still on a run of form but going from such a good win to a lackluster draw is a bit of a killer and Tottenham winning makes it a bit more disapointing. Hopefully Fulham can do us a favour ;)

Well after all the praise it got yesterday, I expected a lot more of the Rooney goal, it's really not that amazing as everyone makes it out to be, he was open enough, the goalie left enough space to aim at for Rooney, bleugh

Can Giggs play into his 40s? I really hope so, when he retires it will feel reeeeeally weird seeing as he's been playing for Man Utd since I was a kid and really paying attention to football.

I was saying this to a couple of mates earlier on in the season. If this is Giggs' final season (Although its looking unlikely) he'll be the first big name player that I can recall seeing from debut through to final match. It'll be weird to see a Man Utd squad without him in it, although I imagine he'll take up a place in the backroom staff upon retirement.

Well after all the praise it got yesterday, I expected a lot more of the Rooney goal, it's really not that amazing as everyone makes it out to be, he was open enough, the goalie left enough space to aim at for Rooney, bleugh

Having the audacity to attempt a shot like that after all the stick he(deservedly) has gotten in such a critical match not just for the city but for the title race is amazing let alone the fact that he scored.

• Like 1