Summer tunes.

FLiam

Kind of like Mike summer albums tend to be mostly 'nostalgia' albums, generally punk-rock. So stuff like; "Reinventing Axl Rose" by Against Me!, "The Greatest Story Ever Told" by Lawrence Arms, "Maybe I'll Catch Fire/From Here To Infirmary/Good Mourning" by Alkaline Trio, Pennywise ("Full Circle" mostly), "Something To Write Home About/The Guilt Show" by Get Up Kids, "Caution" by Hot Water Music, "Revolutions Per Minute" by Rise Against, "Pennybridge Pioneers/Kingwood" by Millencolin, Strung Out, "TOday's Empires Tomorrow's Ashes" by Propagandhi, Pulley etc. Then get involved with some pop-punk; Blink, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, Fenix TX, New Found Glory, Goldfinger, Lit, Sugarcult.

The entirety of "Everything In Transit" by Jack's Mannequin. A proper summer album.

"Veneer" by Jose Gonzalez.

The Gaslight Anthem.

Those two cool ones from the first Islands album.

Loads of cheesy pop songs ("IF THAT'S OKAY WITH YOU?!?").

Or alternatively, my spotify playlist is fucking awesome;

I'm going to knock up another one of more pop orientated summer chooons.

I predict this summer will be a mixture of Four Year Strong, Biffy Clyro, Dance Gavin Dance! and normally some nostalgia stuff like Owen, American Football and Cap 'n' Jazz when relaxing and then a boot full of pop punk when looking for something more up tempo :)

El Tourista by Josh Rouse is one of my favourite albums ever and perfect for summer. I generally like kind of Latin or African styled stuff.

Some latin jazz like Joao Gilberto, Clare Teal, Luis Bonilla and so many more.

Also things like Compay Segundo, Ibrahim Ferrer and Perez Prado

Um Afro-Funk stuff like Mercury Dance Band, Super Mambo 69, Orchestra Lissanga.

Kind of Malian stuff. I love Ali Farka Toure. Definitely one of my favourites ever.

I love music that actually makes me feel uncomfortably hot rather than just summery and your usual British people can't do that. Saeta by Miles Davis is perhaps the best for this.