Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010 (E3)

King Ellis

The Demo itself was terrible and creepy, esp. becaus this game already exists in Nintendogs and EyePet and they tried to tell that it was something new. As a game i am shure it will find it´s FanBase, just as the non MS Games did in the past years.

• Like 1

You realise that neither Nintendogs nor EyePet were particularly original ideas, right? MS aren't the only company that rehash things.

Name a few at an equal level of fame and grafiks. Maybe The Sims or Creatures, but thats more of a live Simulation than a Pet Simulation in augmented reality. A Tamagotchi, but thats something compleedly different in execution.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Honestly, it's not the fact that it's unoriginal; I understand the appeal, especially on consoles, using that technology, with stuff like tigers. There's an audience for that. It's just that demo was so awkward. It was an entire conference room of gaming journalists/developers/what-have-you sitting there, watching a child actress play with a virtual tiger and pretend like somehow said tiger licked her through the screen. It was just long and uncomfortable and only ended when the presenter (and only the presenter) clapped her off.

Admittedly "Kinectimals" is a really lazy name too. It really doesn't help when you basically give your launch games near-identical names to their Nintendo counterparts. But still.

I watched part of the Sony presentation, joining just as they were starting to talk about the Move. But it mustn't have been a direct feed through IGN, GameTrailers etc.(I was watching on Justin.tv) as when that "famous" guy came on stage to tell jokes, some dude on his headset shit a fucking brick.

"Oh my god, it's [whateverhisnameis] from the Coca-Cola adverts, he's really funny". Ugh.

Then, when the guy said his opening joke (something about the Xbox/Circ de Soleil), the headset guy shit an even bigger fucking brick. I mean, it was amusing, but seriously. He exploded into laughter. It made me very sad at the level of fanboyism there is, and I had to turn off.

And this coming from someone who has (fucking hopefully :shifty:) just completed a Computer games Development course at university. :shifty:

Negativity aside, the only real thing that I remember looking interesting via Facebook updates etc. was MGS: Rising. And the trailer for Need For Speed: Hot PUrsuit was decent too, but it just seems like the Cops N' Robbers DLC for Burnout, just that's the whole game, instead of part of it.

Edited by TheModernWay

Yeah, LBP is all kinds of fun. The only problem is that while you can download extra maps, there's not really any way to figure out which ones are actually good and deserve 5 stars and which ones are just cheap maps designed to help you get trophies that people have voted as 5 stars. sad.gif

Otherwise, LBP has loads of fun to be had. Is Stephen Fry doing any voice overs for the sequel?

Even more awesome. If I ever have children, I will pay him vast amounts of money to read them stories, because he has a voice so soothing.

And then as they age, if they're boys, I'll start to employ Keith David to start telling more badass stories.