2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Also a guy who really benefited from the best point guard in the last 10 years.

If the rumors are true of Tony Parker possibly making his way to San Antonio then maybe this might work out but without a good point guard, I do not see Amare getting all those great numbers.

If the rumors are true of Tony Parker possibly making his way to San Antonio then maybe this might work out but without a good point guard, I do not see Amare getting all those great numbers.

...Tony Parker is with San Antonio right now.

...Tony Parker is with San Antonio right now.

yeah just wanted to make sure people were reading :shifty:

I mean from obv.

What's funny to me is how excited Knicks' fans on other boards are getting over it. Yes, ten years of futility all lead to this. Congratulations on that eighth seed.

Of course, with more moves, things change, but right now New York isn't any better than it was last year.

Those Knicks fans got so used to watching nameless shit on the court, that having any name player on the team is a "huge" improvement. While most rational fans know that Amare by himself brings nothing to the team except a huge contract and a few more points than the guy who he's replacing.

Didn't your problem used to be not nameless shit, but that you guys paid for overvalued shit based SOLELY on name?

...and isn't this just basically more of the same?

Didn't your problem used to be not nameless shit, but that you guys paid for overvalued shit based SOLELY on name?

...and isn't this just basically more of the same?

Yes, that was the problem in the early '00s. Then we got "cap conscious" and started shuffling out the few valuable pieces we had for cap space. . . only to start the cycle anew with Amare. That's why I've hated the deal since it first seemed like it was going to come together. Amare is basically a more in shape version of Zach Randolph and we traded Zach for a bag of balls and cap room, just to give the money to another version of the same player. All we need to do now is give another huge deal to guy with no knees and we're right back to where we were in the "glory days" of Allan Houston.

My avatar is Alissa Flash and while she may look like Melissa Anderson, she isn't :shifty:

Rumor has it that the Knicks are offering a 5 year, 100 million contract to Amar'e. I love Amare, but that is just ridiculous

:crying:

I am now convinced that James Dolan's mission in life is to destroy the Knicks franchise.

A couple of years ago when rumors started that Dolan was going to buy the Yankees.....I really wanted to see that happen just to see what would have happened. You should be scared of the reports about Wilpons possibly wanting to sell the Mets and Dolan being the buyer scenario.

Everything is set for Chris Bosh to join LeBron James in Cleveland. Everything, that is, except Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

little tidbit from ESPN

LeBron might be stayin ehhh.

Yeah, apparently Bosh does NOT want to play in Cleveland, but he's willing to pair up with LeBron in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Logic dictates that LeBron doesn't want to go to any of those other teams or something would have happened already.

It looks like Wade is going to end up with none of the big names on his team, unless they can maybe get Boozer and even then that's not a big deal. Barring a miracle in the next 24-48 hours this whole free agency debacle will end up being a HUGE dud.

I think Bosh will be convinced to come to Cleveland eventually...It's either come to Cleveland with LeBron and some solid pieces like Jamison and Mo Williams (and likely Mike Miller for the MLE) along with making 30 mil more, or go to Miami with DWade and Mario Chalmers, and maybe a 2nd tier FA, for 30 mil less.

I don't think LeBron or Wade will end up in Chicago.

The best scenario, with the sign-and-trade on the table, for both LeBron and Bosh is to join up in Cleveland. James would have signed somewhere else if he wasn't committed to staying in Cleveland. As long as Chris comes on board, he'll be staying there. Plus, they get rid of locker room cancer Delonte West in the process.

It turns out we find this all out on Thursday, live on ESPN. What I find astounding is that Bill Simmons, in his November 2009 mailbag, had a reader basically say the exact same scenario. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091125

Edited by damshow

LeBron really specializes in finding new ways to make himself even more unlikable. Fuck that guy.

Only way to make a one-hour ESPN special worth it (since he won't say anything important until about 9:57 ET anyway) would be if he entered descending from a helicopter carrying the heads of Mike Brown and Danny Ferry. And even then, only if Stuart Scott pukes.

At least he's wrapping it up in a timely manner. I had mid-August in the pool. Grampa Favre should be taking notes.

It's the only way he's winning anything. Lebron, Bosh, Mo Williams, and Antwan Jamison ain't scaring anyone.

My favorite rumor is AI making a comeback to play in LA. God, I'd love that, just for the 'WTF' of it all. Zenmaster, Mamba, Ron Ron, LO, and The Answer in the same locker room? Get'cha popcorn ready.

He'd actually be a good fit off the bench, though. Not sure how sincere his willingness to do that is, though. I'd take T-Mac in a heartbeat too.