Futurama Returned!

Lint

MY BABY'S IN THAT PODIUM

God, this season has been so good. I'm guessing because once Groening & co. got word that it was the final season, they decided to full-ass it instead of half. :shifty:

I must get my hands on those healthy Purpleberries!

Bork!

Eh, the Strawberry Shortcake bit was good, and I liked the clone Larry Birds, but all I could think watching this was that Johnny Bravo did a much better Scooby Doo parody like fifteen years ago. :shifty: Not my favorite.

Pretty much. I hate when they do anthology episodes that don't even make sense as happening in canon. My favorite things were the Strawberry Shortcake one and Larry Bird's recorded message. I checked out mentally like two minutes into G.I. Zapp.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'll have to start at the bottom."
"But Fox already said no!"

"Yes. The number I was thinking of was the letter M."

Way better than last week.

Yea..."Mr Derisgreat...Mr Ben Derisgreat"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Game of Tones" was the best episode in the past few weeks. The main plot was kinda "meh" but I think all the stuff with Fry's dream world/memories makes up for it.

It was kind of heartbreaking to see him try to reconnect with his family, despite the fact that it was only a dream. And then when he goes back in the house after 10PM and the Professor explains that, since he was never back there after 10PM on December 31st, 1999, he doesn't have any memories there - that was pretty sad.

And Fry getting one last chance to hug his mom? :crying:

• 3 weeks later...

Yea it was. I was a little disappointed by the finale, but then when the pilot aired after...I kinda got it

I watched both of the last two episodes back to back since I hadn't seen "Stench and Stenchability." Great way to finish up the series. Neither one was particular quotable or anything like that, but they were both really nice episodes that put a big ol' smile on my face. It was so nice that something good happened to Zoidberg for a change.

A little late on this one, but the first Futurama movie was great because it was a story that you felt needed to be told, and they had been wanting to tell for a while. It was a logical progression from the series ending. After that, it just gets dull.

Bender's Game, in particular, was a concept just about strong enough for a half hour episode. As a full-length movie, the joke gets old very quickly.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty much "The Late Philip J. Fry," "Prisoner of Benda," the last couple episodes, and then a whole lot of stuff that ranges from mostly good to total garbage.

Oh and I'm going to give Sousapoints to "Forty Percent Leadbelly" for that list even though it probably won't make everyone else's because it cracked me the hell up, lord lord, that episode cracked me the hell up.

• Like 1