TEW05 Real World Update: July 2010

Another thing I noticed was when I checked Traci Brooks stats, she is listed as 31 years of age.

Big problem considering that she was born May 22, 1975 (making her 35)

How many other ages are off?

Alright, well whatever works!

And another note, change up Manabu Soya's languages to Passable for English and that he can work North America.

He Lives in Windsor Ontario Canada and I had a decent conversation with him a few weeks ago at an after party for a WFX Show. He put on a great match against Charlie Haas. Also, try and find a better picture if possible, he has much longer hair now then the one in the game :P

Maybe try and provide a better picture?

Another thing I noticed was when I checked Traci Brooks stats, she is listed as 31 years of age.

Big problem considering that she was born May 22, 1975 (making her 35)

How many other ages are off?

Most should be correct their is the chance some might be off but that can be expected, if you notice any wrong ages bring them up

Edited by TheWho87

Was messing with the data and found something strange...

Eve (who should have wrestler marked as always) has an C+ on menace and Skip Sheffield has 0% on menace, well, that thing is strange.

Also Hulk Hogan should have Steroid Usage checked.

Yeah if we could look for somewhere else to upload the pictures and what not to, My computer always has problems with Mega Upload

Also, I know how y'all use (mostly) the same storylines every time, and i love the WWE/ECW ect. storylines but i have edited them using PBS/Panix Booking System, Showing What show to put the part on, how many weeks it is, and how many matches/angles- I can upload them for people that use that system (it also has storylines from all the other mods) would anyone want that ?

erm what?

I think he means that some of the older storylines in some scenarios would have more detailed information. Instead of "Singles Feud #1" it would say "Singles Feud #1 (8W 4M 8A)". So you know the story is meant to be told over the course of 8 weeks, with 4 matches and 8 angles. It was a kind of useful aid in picking stories when you can count how many shows you have to build it up so you don't end up stuck with 1 week before the PPV and big final match but 2 matches and 6 angles to run to get there. Its something I do with the stories I edit/create I take it he went and did it for all of the existing real world stories you guys made.

I'd find that useful, if no one else does. Its not necessary. Usually I can figure it out, but it doesn't hurt.

Haha! Yes this is what i meant, sorry for not explaining it better :), and if anyone else finds it useful please let me know I'll upload it :)

VERY USEFUL!!! That helps a bunch for me because I plan WAY ahead.

Alright, well whatever works!

And another note, change up Manabu Soya's languages to Passable for English and that he can work North America.

He Lives in Windsor Ontario Canada and I had a decent conversation with him a few weeks ago at an after party for a WFX Show. He put on a great match against Charlie Haas. Also, try and find a better picture if possible, he has much longer hair now then the one in the game :P

Maybe try and provide a better picture?

Will do. I'll send you a link to a picture I took with him, if you can photoshop me out of it lol

- Set Nate Webb to retired I guess. He is the announcer guy from Half Pint Brawlers on Spike. His bio seems to indicate he doesn't wrestle anymore. Maybe set him to announcer and referee, but he apparently only works for the midgets.

"Spyder lives in Indianapolis and is the announcer and referee for all of the Brawlers shows. He is also the only "regular" sized member of the Brawlers crew. Puppet likes having Spyder in the ring because he makes the Brawlers look smaller. Spyder wrestled professionally for years on the underground wrestling circuit, but now works solely with the Half Pint Brawlers."

I think NWE should be removed as they don't seem to have run a show in over a year, unless I am just missing the reports.

EDIT: By the way, amazing job on the data. I remember when TEW2005 first became freeware and this was all started from scratch pretty much. I have recently been playing TEW2010 but am considering to reverting over to TEW2005 since this database is so much more complete.

Edited by racoonie

I think NWE should be removed as they don't seem to have run a show in over a year, unless I am just missing the reports.

Last results/car i see is from the October 2009, i'll give them a couple months so if their is no new shows announced before the end of August they will get removed.

Now that masked warriors has actually aired there's a bit of confusion regarding some identities. I'm hearing conflicting statements that the Puerto Rican Powers are Los Luchas, and some people say that it's Aeroform (Louis Lyndon & Flip Kendrick).

Sadistiko is Mentallo, a Canadian who moved to Mexico and has been wrestling there. Lujo Esquire - Aaron Aguilera - 's gimmick should be "High Society", if the promo video on him is any indication.

"El Limon" is Pierko El Boricua, aka Hijo del Pierroth.

ED: PR Powers = Aeroform. Flip Kendrick's got LLUSA taping dates listed on his myspace

Sadistiko is Mentallo, a Canadian who moved to Mexico and has been wrestling there.

It may be Mentallo, but he has not moved to Mexico. He lives out of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada as he appears on mainly every CWE and WFX Show which are both based out of Winnipeg and makes the run to SMASH in Japan every show. He used to wrestle for CMLL but no longer does. He also runs the CWE wrestling school in Winnipeg which has sessions Every Saturday. That'd be pretty hard to do if he lived in Mexico.

- Masato Yoshino is the Dragon Gate Open the Dream Gate champion.

- The CZW Tag titles should be vacant, since Kingston left their holding a tournament that won't end until December.

- Kaval & Michael McGillicutty are the new FCW tag champs but I wouldn't bother making them vacant yet. The finish of the match was botched badly.

- Masato Yoshino should be added to the CHIKARA Sekigun in DGUSA.

Just to announce that we have just added a load of new talent that i for one was surprised was missing (like Boogeyman, Horshu and Coashman) putting the talent count now to over 3,000 and that if their is no news for any new shows from Nu-Wrestling Evolution and One Pro Wrestling by the end of the month then they will both be cut from the game.

If Nu-Wrestling Evolution gets cut, make Mr. Anderson's TNA contract written.

- Add Amasis to CZW as a midcard face, with Fun Babyface as his gimmick.

- Add Ophidian to CZW as a midcard face, with Fun Babyface as his gimmick..

- Add 'The Osirian Portal' tag team to CZW with Good experience.

- The ECW stable in TNA is going to be called 'The Riot Makers'.

For future addition the NWA has a new tv show starting in September.

http://www.nwawrestl...rnia&Itemid=446

Edited by DoubleJ13

Found this story, pretty sure its not what double J posted on

A promotion headed by Milton Wilpon, a senior member of the Wilpon Family (several of whose members are the majority owners of the New York Mets) is said to be opening offices in September, 2010.

Wilpon, the Fort Lee, New Jersey based investor who has bought into many huge businesses through Sterling Equities (which is reportedly not involved in the wrestling project) has made sure most business has been conducted after people are asked to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements.

However, WrestleZone has exclusively learned the following regarding the promotion:

The roster is said to include Sean Waltman, Scott Steiner, Shane Douglas, Larry Zbyszko, and Vader. Yes, Vader.

The reason for Vader is because Jim Ross recently blogged how Vader's son should be considered a major find for the future, so Vader was approached about signing alongside his son. No word on if Vader's son signed yet.

The promotion has intentionally put out false information as to where their first television tapings will take place in order to keep people from knowing their business plans.

The promotion has told several people they would like to launch with a reality show on aging wrestlers, and then morph into a full fledged pro wrestling league.

The promotion is planning on trying to sign Bryan Danielson and several non-contracted Ring of Honor stars. No word on if they have been officially approached yet.

The promotion is thought to have regional television based on Wilpon's connections, but that is unconfirmed.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported the promotion is to be headed up by Sean Davis, an independent wrestler based in Florida, who had a connection with the group that approached Wilpon. Meltzer also reported Paul Heyman has been approached, but there is no chance for the group to get him without significant funding or a major television deal, as even TNA has been attempting to land the former ECW owner and Smackdown Head Writer, and Heyman has yet to sign or agree to return to pro wrestling.

While there are several other reports floating around, several of them appear to be intentionally-placed misinformation by people within the promotion. No word on an official launch date. We will continue to monitor this breaking story as it develops.

Found some signing news, all of it is from wrestlezone.

We reported a few days back that WWE has re-hired former talent Aaron "Idol" Stevens. The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter is now reporting that WWE has also re-hired Ryan O'Reilly, who quit the company back in 2007 because he didn't want to be away from his girlfriend, who was a developmental Diva that was cut from WWE.

So probably assign him to FCW and Stevens if you haven't already.

Also

-It has been confirmed that Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn will headline TNA's Hard Justice PPV.

So maybe give Jerry a PPA deal?

And Daniels is still listed on the roster section of TNA. And apparently he is coming back sooner rather than later so possibly add him back now? Or probably just wait until he appears.

Edited by tougie

- Ryan O'Reilly & Kristin Astara are engaged now, change it from dating.

- Set Roadkill to retired. He reportedly declined TNA Wrestling's offer to appear at next month's Hard Justice pay-per-view event. His reason for declining their offer is that he considers himself retired from professional wrestling and simply has no interest in returning.

- Carlos Colón, Jr needs added to WWC as a Main Event Face.

- Remove Rhett Titus from Pro Wrestling Respect.

- Change both Ryan Slater's gimmicks to No Gimmick Needed. Make his finisher Hangman Piledriver instead of Emotional Drop. Change his CZW contract to a Heel, Lower Midcarder with No Gimmick Needed as his gimmick.

- Make Drew Gulak's second finisher Spine Splitter (Pinfall) on his profile & all contracts.

Edited by DoubleJ13