The "Man That Movie Wasn't As Shit As I Heard It Was" Thread

TGC

I also think Stardust is brilliant if you can just enjoy it for what it is - basically a fairy tale turned into a film.

hmm Stardust is an excellent movie, if not a tad long but a very enjoyable movie.

These infer that someone else has been hating on Stardust, and if so, I wish to locate and slap them.

Daredevil is a fine film, it's totally saved by Michael Clarke Duncan and Colin Farrell and their fantastic performances as King Pin and Bullseye. Those may be two of my favourite portrayals of comic book villains ever, behind the obvious. (Heath Ledger's Joker and Callum Blue's Zod mainly.)

• Like 1

Daredevil is a fine film, it's totally saved by Michael Clarke Duncan and Colin Farrell and their fantastic performances as King Pin and Bullseye.

This x100

Although I liked Jon Favreau's bits as well, Ben Affleck though, eugh.

I have set my DVR to record a movie with Josh Hartnett, 40 Days And Nights I think it is called, from like 7 years ago that fits into the same category.

40 Days and 40 Nights was a good film (what with Shannyn Sossamon and all) right up until the point the protagonist gets raped while tied to his bed by his ex-girlfriend, then has to apologise to his love interest for it.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls - I didn't see it until it came out on DVD and I thought it was pretty good. It seems like everyone forgot that Indiana Jones has never been realistic (see melting Nazi faces, etc.) and was made as a tribute to B movies.

Jeepers Creepers I and II - I will defend these movies to death. Off the top of my head, this movie created the only great "monster" during the 00's. Saw had Jigsaw and The Ring had that creepy girl, but The Creeper was truly a monster.

Why did you link to what B-Movies are? tongue.gif

The Boat That Rocked and Constantine are also great yet not well received. I could watch Peter Stormare as the devil for the rest of my days and never grow tired of it.

I have set my DVR to record a movie with Josh Hartnett, 40 Days And Nights I think it is called, from like 7 years ago that fits into the same category.

40 Days and 40 Nights was a good film (what with Shannyn Sossamon and all) right up until the point the protagonist gets raped while tied to his bed by his ex-girlfriend, then has to apologise to his love interest for it.

So I do not need to watch it now?

So I do not need to watch it now?

So I watched it and

you're pretty much a fucking prick giving away the ending of the movie like that.

With that said, it sucked really. I kept thinking while watching it how much better it would be if this happened or that happened, which is never a good sign.

I know. I am ironic? No wait.

Also I have decided that Stardust, Role Models, and Music and Lyrics are next. Everything else in this thread I either have already seen or hated. Or stars Will Farrell.

Van Helsing is amazing and I will not hear a bad word against it.

This, this, oh god this. Van Helsing is spectacularly grandly terrible like few other movies have ever been. It's consistently entertaining from start to finish just because of how bad it is.

The Tri-Star Godzilla movie isn't as shitty if you realize that its actually more of a remake of The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms and ignore the Godzilla name. (Its still a shit film, just not AS shitty)

Van Helsing is amazing and I will not hear a bad word against it.

This, this, oh god this. Van Helsing is spectacularly grandly terrible like few other movies have ever been. It's consistently entertaining from start to finish just because of how bad it is.

Well, that and the fact that Kate Beckinsale is absolutely fucking hot in it.

Edited by GhostMachine