The "Man That Movie Wasn't As Shit As I Heard It Was" Thread

TGC

I really have no idea why people hated Constantine so much. I get fans of the book not liking it, but everyone just tore that movie to shreds and I thought it was actually pretty good.

As a fan of the comic and the character I had the following issues with it:

1. Look at my Avatar. Now look at Keanu Reeves. No. Hell Jude Law had tried to get the part and they turned him down.

2. John Constantine is from the UK and the vast majority of his adventures take place there. They decided to make the character American and set it in LA. Ugghhh. Unnecessary change. See above with Jude Law and note that had they hired him, a man who is 100 times the actor Keanu is btw, the changes would not have needed to occur.

3. Constantine is a Magician, sometimes dabbles in the arcane, and a con man, he does not have the ability to see demons or whatever the ability was that they gave him.

And that was that. I still saw the movie and I still enjoyed it once I looked past the changes that were made that were completely unnecessary. Two different animals. The cool thing is it has been mentioned in canon that the movie is an alternate reality version of Constantine. All in all for what it was, it was a decent film and a pretty good adaptation of an actual comic book arc within the book.

So Saw 6 was okay. Not total and complete shit as I heard, but not very good either. I still think 4 was the worst one. I guess I will see the final one in 3D later this year since I have now watched all of the other 6. Still the first was the only legit really really good one.

OH...and Bickford Shmeckler's Good Ideas was a pretty fun movie. I have to recommend that movie.

So Saw 6 was okay. Not total and complete shit as I heard, but not very good either. I still think 4 was the worst one. I guess I will see the final one in 3D later this year since I have now watched all of the other 6. Still the first was the only legit really really good one.

OH...and Bickford Shmeckler's Good Ideas was a pretty fun movie. I have to recommend that movie.

I know they've said that Saw 3D will be the final one, but I'd like to say a few things about that. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare... Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.

I've also heard rumblings that writers have been brought on board to script the eighth installment already. I'm lazy, so I'm not going to go searching for it, but I'm pretty sure I've read a couple of press releases about it on DreadCentral.

Daybreakers FUCKING SUCKED. Most boring, slow-building movie with no pay off, and just utterly unnecessarily gorey movie I've ever had the disappointment in seeing. What a piece of shit of a movie.

Dammit I was looking to get that. The trailer made it seem so enticing.

Id say Clash of the titans. Id heard nothing but bad things but i really enjoyed it.