NCAA Football '11

HailtotheYo

Do you play with all four schools at once? I have not tried that before. Seems interesting.

It can be.

I've done 4 at a time before, using a different type of approach with each team. For the most part it's a blast but it can get tedious as all fuck at times though.

Playing through Road to Glory (not the diary game) hit my junior season and ECU has yet to lose since I've played, including a couple of wins over Oklahoma (once in the Sugar Bowl, another in the regular season). I like the fact that if you beat a highly ranked team, it shows a little more in the National rankings than it did last year.

^ yup. Played one game. Guy was Oregon and spent all his alloted time substituting in the fucking fast WR as QB and doing the bullshit online schtick. Really fucking annoying.

I'll pop on every now and then just for something different but I haven't seriously played online (outside of dynasty) in a few years because of this crap.

• Like 1

^ yup. Played one game. Guy was Oregon and spent all his alloted time substituting in the fucking fast WR as QB and doing the bullshit online schtick. Really fucking annoying.

I'll pop on every now and then just for something different but I haven't seriously played online (outside of dynasty) in a few years because of this crap.

Even worse now that blocking actually works exponentially better. I humor myself into thinking that this is the way those people actually play the game.

EDIT: I'll stick to FPS or racing games or something for online multiplayer. At least then I feel like I have some sort of proper control or viable countermeasure. And excluding people that exploit and hackers and whatever, I tend to think I actually died to a player with some skill instead of "lol, my WR qb sure runs fast with my entire offense moved up onto the line to make a wall"

Edited by HeartlineTwist
  • Like 1

Does anyone else find themselves using auto-sprint but out of pure habit still press R2 to use turbo even though it does nothing at all apparently? I just can't break the habit of pressing it no matter how hard I try but having the auto-sprint is good for people like me who use it way to early when trying to run the ball.

I just realized, when I finished Road to Glory with my self-named player... it's the first time I played every game in a 4 year RtG career. That's got to count for something.

are there any new features in the road to glory?

None that I noticed, but since the rankings were handled a little more effectively in my opinion that helped immensely.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY SHIT!

I'm so happy right now. Playing an offline dynasty as Western Kentucky. Shitty team, awesome uniforms. Using Air Forces playbook, since I love the option. Playing on Heisman.

Anyway, the first four games of my season are against BCS team. @ Nebraska, @ Kentucky, vs Indiana. Play well against Nebraska, but I'm still kinda learning the team and playbook, lose 20-3. Play better against Kentucky (I've always been good playing defense in NCAA), lose 24-17 after throwing two pick sixes. Indiana stomps my ass 30-0.

Gotta go play South Florida in Tampa. They're ranked 19th, just beat Florida. I'm expecting to be 0-4, but know I have a chance in the Sun Belt.

But I fucking beat 'em! 19-15, led the entire game, and picked off a two-point conversion try to seal the game! I'm so fucking stoked right now.

My advice, play with shitty teams. It's so much more rewarding. I used to get so frustrated playing as UCLA, but with WKU, I'm really enjoying it.

HOLY SHIT!

I'm so happy right now. Playing an offline dynasty as Western Kentucky. Shitty team, awesome uniforms. Using Air Forces playbook, since I love the option. Playing on Heisman.

Anyway, the first four games of my season are against BCS team. @ Nebraska, @ Kentucky, vs Indiana. Play well against Nebraska, but I'm still kinda learning the team and playbook, lose 20-3. Play better against Kentucky (I've always been good playing defense in NCAA), lose 24-17 after throwing two pick sixes. Indiana stomps my ass 30-0.

Gotta go play South Florida in Tampa. They're ranked 19th, just beat Florida. I'm expecting to be 0-4, but know I have a chance in the Sun Belt.

But I fucking beat 'em! 19-15, led the entire game, and picked off a two-point conversion try to seal the game! I'm so fucking stoked right now.

My advice, play with shitty teams. It's so much more rewarding. I used to get so frustrated playing as UCLA, but with WKU, I'm really enjoying it.

If they did that in real life I would be much more happier.

I hear yeah, but I extend this to 3* teams ... such as Southern Miss.

I have a blast each year with these guys. I'm starting my third year offline with them and have posted back to back 12-2 season ... BUT because of the school the recruits aren't just hopping into bed with me yet. I was only 18th in the final poll the first year and 20th the second year. The recruiting remains challenging without being retarded.

I beat Arkansas @ Arkansas this past year (#21) but lost to fucking Miss St @ Starksville. I have a bowl loss to UGA but a bowl win over UK. I'll show promise but then will shit the bed like against Miss St with these guys. Stays pretty realistic.

Playing as UK it's my 3rd year and the team looks somewhat decent. I'm thinking an 8-4 season is probably in the works the only teams that are superb to me in the SEC are Bama, Florida and LSU every other team is dead even or below me.

But my first week playing @ Louisville and my All-American RB who averaged 5 yards a carry and scored 23 rushing TD's (I like to run the ball, especially when my QB is Morgan Newton) he breaks his freakin' elbow and is done for the season.

Now do I choose to go with one of my two senior backups? They have good speed, but so-so agility and acceleration.

Or do I go with my newly recruited 4-star freshman power back? He's slow (well for my tastes he's only 86 speed) but he is strong and has quick acceleration and a decent break tackle rating... but his awareness is kind of low.

Either way I go my offense takes a huge hit b/c I ran my offense through my RB because he had speed, could break tackles and catch the ball. Without him I'll have to rely a lot more on passing game, which isn't that great at this time...

Pound it with the Freshman ... you'll be surprised at how he'll be fast *enough .... I had that same issue at Southern Miss. Ran plenty of tosses and outside stuff with my speed guy and when he got hurt I went to Power I stuff and Counters with my bigger/slightly slower back and he had plenty of speed going downhill.

You'll probably be fine. Use your other two backs to counter act it though. Screens and tosses with those guys and you should be fine.

Actually I forgot how good my offensive line is ^_^

I think any RB I put in will average close to 5 YPC. But I think I will use all 3 since they all have different strengths.

Coshik Williams - The quickest of my RB's he has the second best speed but his agility and acceleration probably make him the fastest... can't really break tackles but he's quick so he can avoid them.

Greg Meisner - Jack of all trades RB, doesn't excel in any one area, but at the same time he's not bad in any one area. He will probably be the starter since he doesn't make mistakes... He won't have a 65 yard rush for a TD... but he also won't be the guy to fumble it in the endzone with the game on the line either.

Dominique Bastik - The freshman... yeah he pretty much runs over people but his awareness isn't that great and he's a bit fumble prone. I'll just have to make sure to manually protect the ball more often when I run with him.

EDIT: And now my FB is out for 4 weeks... Okay backup TE you are now a FB.

Edited by theburninator77

I have not ruled out that my offensive lines awareness is just piss, but does anyone else have any problems getting the o line to block on halfback screens? That use to be my failsafe play in past games, but I can not seem to get more than two or three yards IF THAT. Because my linemen completely miss the obvious guys for the screen.

I play on Heisman, and I get screens to work maybe half the time. It really has more to do with the lineman reading the screen and going out to cover it than it being blocked incorrectly.

Finished 4-8 my first season, simmed all the conference home games. Not a great recruiting class, and, while I kinda see what people were bitching about in regards to recruits ovr rating, it's pretty much in line with my shitty team. Got a nice FS that actually moved to OLB, where he was better, and I had a need anyway. WR turned HB too, but I'm worried about his spin and juke skills. We'll see.

1-2 on the new season. Lost the opener to Vandy after switching back to the Air Force playbook (injuries had forced me to go to my trusty UCLA playbook), then switched back to UCLA and beat Kentucky (at home, though), thanks to FOUR fumbles. I was up 17-0 on two defensive returns in the first half of the first quarter. Then a sim loss to ULL.

Trying something different with recruiting this season. Since no one is interested in WKU, I set it up for 20 **, and I'm trying to work my way onto their boards before the mid level schools come calling. We'll see. Has anyone had success recruiting like that?