Fifa 11

HailtotheYo

Horrible spending real cash on UT.

This must be what scratch-card addicts feel like :(

My team's solid 80+ all over and really good up front and at CB. I have 16k in the bank. Am I better off buying a couple of premium gold packs with the coins or should I play and trade my balance up to buy the 85+ player that'll actually make a difference to my team? Don't really understand the quality of the packs OR the best way to milk the trading market at high levels.

Easiest way to build coins is to buy and sell the badges/kits for the big teams when they're being practically given away at 200 coins, and then sell them on for much more. I must've bought about 20 Utd/Barca/Chelsea badges on UT10 for 200 and sold them on for 10 times that.

And fuck the packs, seriously - you rarely get anything good. You're better off buying from the market.

I NEED MY FIX.

Fair enough, that's what I thought really. I got lucky getting a Team of the Week Lavezzi, Lahm and Alex in my 6 packs. Also got a few guys like McGeady who sold for 2k+ and St. James Park which I got 3k for. Maybe could have got more if I knew it was worth so much.

Already bought 2 Real Madrid kits for 150 and sold them for 1,000. At least I stumbled onto one legitimate money-making scheme.

EDIT: What should I be looking for? I guess home kits are usually more valuable than away kits. Apart from the Big 4/Man City/Madrid/Barcelona/Inter ones, which team's kits are best? How much, for example, is the Juventus home kit worth buying for?

Edited by -A-

What about stadia? After getting so much for St. James' I thought it might be a goldmine, but after a little search it just seems like that's a rare one. Have still put in small bids on some of the more famous ones just on the off-chance.

EDIT: The Bernabeu seems to be going for 2k+ so this might be worth looking out for.

Edited by -A-

Yeah, just have a look around and see what OT/Camp Nou are going for most of the time, then try and get a cheaper one - the way to make huge cash is when you have enough for a Rooney/Torres. There'll always be someone stupid enough to buy it for around 50k more than you did.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#gCKR39wk93MO

That's how my Gold team is looking right now. As you may have noticed from the defence/subs bench, I have the makings of an all Argentinan squad. I just need a third CAM (hopefully Aimar) and a LB/RB. The only RB around seems to be Zabaleta, then will probably get Insua for the LB. Heinze at a push.

There might be better and worse times of day to do this. Gonna try and check as often as I can remember to figure it out.

There seems to be a bug where sometimes you don't get told there are other bids on items you're after. You get to the end of the auction and think you've won, but you get your cash back instead. I've figured out a work-around (though it's a bit annoying.) You just put in a bid and then go back to your watchlist. You always seem to see other bids there, so you can't get caught out by the unresponsiveness of the system. It's annoying if you fail though, because you have to put in all your filters again on the Search screen. Definitely worth it for the big player signings or mass item bids because the latter are rarely under serious clock pressure.

Edited by -A-

So in a drunken stupor I knocked the X-Box over when I was pissed the other night, with Fifa inside. There is a ring that has been left around Fifa and it won't read the disk.

I've been told that it is easy enough for this to be fixed? :crying:

Edited by ONO
  • Like 2

I sold the LA Galaxy home kit for 3k Buy It Now price. There seem to be a few countries whose kits are extremely rare. I just searched for any Greek kits and there aren't any on the marketplace. Stuck an Olympiakos Home kit on there at 2.5k just in case. Suppose the (relatively) large number of US people playing might've inflated the price.

I got Rooney in a pack last night and selling him's pretty much completed my team. Might try and build a completely new one or tinker with this one. I've seen teams with 100 chemistry where they have all three banks (DEF, MID, ATT) as different leagues, but enough interconnections to balance that. Might try and figure out something like that. It's boring having all these Inter players.

Pato/D. Milito

IF Lavezzi/Aguero

Motta/Cambiasso

Chivu/Lucio/Samuel/Zanetti

Julio Cesar

Edited by -A-

Y'know what's annoyed me? The fact that because it's free, they haven't added any new UT specific trophies/achievements (as far as I know...?)

I've played every version of UT, so I've grown a little tired with it - at least with trophies I'd have something to aim for. :/

I've never got what's so great about Ultimate Team. Collecting cards and playing pointless game after pointless game to earn said cards, only to get raped by a juiced up dream team online doesn't seem too appealing. I never dreamed of buying it, but I doubt I'll try it now, even though it's free.