Fifa 11

HailtotheYo

Oh yay, the FIFA 11 thread - now I can rant here too.

Personality+ - Personality+ sees a footballer's performance on the pitch mirrored authentically in game, creating clearly differentiated players with individual personalities. Personality+ at every position and for every player on the pitch reinvents how players perform - on and off the ball

Personality+ Goalkeepers - The real-life personality of the Keeper, whether acrobatic or traditional, will dictate his style in the game. Dive attributes will determine the keepers with the ability to reach for further shots while Reflex attribute determine reaction times

Personality+ CPU AI - CPU controlled football stars have a suite of skill moves to exploit, with star player attributes and specific behaviours attributed to particular players

Personality+ Celebrations - User Controlled Celebrations 2.0 enhances the emotion of scoring by allowing you to perform your players trademark celebration and interact with your teammates in real-time

Personality+ Player Models - Greater variety of bodies and models further distinguishes each player on the pitch. Plus, new dribble run styles perfectly match players' real-world abilities and style

Personality+ Animations - More varied and realistic animations will bring an added level of authenticity. New heading animations differentiate downward strikes from deflections. Featuring dozens of new tackling, slide tackle and jostling animations with a multitude of new responses

Pro Passing System - A new passing system where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch. Poor decisions or over/under striking the ball will mean error-prone outcomes. New types of passes such as swerve passes will enable players to make a safer and more effective play

Customized Crowd Chants - Assign customized chants for every team and league. Set your home club's anthems and chants to play during player introductions, halftime, and after goals. Even hear your name echo in the stands of Old Trafford or San Siro with customized chants for your Virtual Pro. Plus, play music from your hard drive in game

Advanced Goalkeeper Awareness - Goalkeepers are now more aware of their surroundings and react more intelligently to each threat. Improvements include sprinting to cut off a loose ball, demonstrating urgency when scrambling back to the net, and the aptitude to skillfully identify and react to lob shots

FIFA Theatre - Save highlights from any match - including online - right to your hard drive to view, replay or upload to Footballworld.com at any time

Complete Authenticity - 28 officially licensed leagues, over 500 licensed teams and more than 15,000 players

Virtual Pro - Live out the fantasy of being a real life footballer by creating yourself in game with a 3D head using Photo Game Face. Play as yourself across any mode. Grow your player attributes through 200 accomplishments and take your Virtual Pro online to become a global superstar

360° Dribbling - The market-leading 360° dribbling system that provides finer dribbling control, enabling players to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible

Firstly;

Wait, so now goalkeeping attributes mean something. They didn't before?

And secondly;

That complete sentence I bolded was used for FIFA 10. Their video proof was of a goalkeeper rushing back to his line after being lobbed and stopping it from going in. That was something that happened 1 in every 1000 lobs in FIFA 10, and the other 999 were just easy goals the keeper could (well, would) do nothing about.

I said it before - goalkeeping in FIFA 10 was very good on the whole. They would rush out to close down angles and make most saves that should've been made. The problem came when people used the lob, and it worked almost every time. For the WC game, they decided "wait, let's stick the GK's to the line like glue, so that they can't be lobbed, revert to FIFA 10 goalkeeping for 11 and call it an improvement" - and it is exactly what's happened.

The problem with it in FIFA 10 wasn't that the keepers should neccesarily save every single one of the lobbed shots, but it should be MUCH harder to pull off. Lobbing isn't an easy skill to perform time and again to perfection with it resulting in a goal, so why should it be in game? Make lobbing harder, and you automatically have better keepers.

Most of the other stuff looks nice though. The saving of replays to HDD should've been done ages ago.

I think goalkeepers are too predictable in 10 and the AI for them in the online club mode is absolutely atrocious. Which reminds me, can we go the NHL route for online clubs and have every CPU-controlled player the same rating? They're all 70 OVR in NHL but on FIFA you often get players rated 50-odd and we've even had a few in the 30s. Not to mention they're all midgets, even the goalkeepers which is stupid considering 'keepers are generally tall guys in real football.

The goalkeeping on last years was horrendous, it really put me off the game at times.

Also, what exactly does it mean when talking about the Creation Centre being web-based? Are we only going to be able to do it in conjunction with online? I've wanted a return to the proper create modes that they did away with after Fifa 2002 for years, but I don't play online.

Manager Mode will be shit again, no matter what they say they're going to do.

I'm so jaded with FIFA, although World Cup is a great game. They promise so much every year and never deliver and the online experience is terrible as soon as somebody finds an exploit, shit hits the fan.

I prefered 09 mainly because clubs were fun and not full of retard CPU characteers amongst the retard player users who think it's funny to give their player yellow gloves and afros.

My favourite single player mode would be BAP if the AI wasn't cluless. I'll probably get it again but hate it after 2 weeks.

The goalkeeping on last years was horrendous, it really put me off the game at times.

Also, what exactly does it mean when talking about the Creation Centre being web-based? Are we only going to be able to do it in conjunction with online? I've wanted a return to the proper create modes that they did away with after Fifa 2002 for years, but I don't play online.

I'm guessing they'll do it like TEAMBUILDER for the NCAA series.

The edit mode is online, and you download your created club to your system.

I actually like that alot. You were able to make pretty much any team you could think of in the NCAA series due to that online TeamBuilder.

I'm looking forward to the stadium creator more than anything, though, I'm sure it'll just be a generic "size/shape/colors" that are in most video games. I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up too high for that.

Manager Mode will be shit again, no matter what they say they're going to do.

I'm so jaded with FIFA, although World Cup is a great game. They promise so much every year and never deliver and the online experience is terrible as soon as somebody finds an exploit, shit hits the fan.

I prefered 09 mainly because clubs were fun and not full of retard CPU characteers amongst the retard player users who think it's funny to give their player yellow gloves and afros.

My favourite single player mode would be BAP if the AI wasn't cluless. I'll probably get it again but hate it after 2 weeks.

I have yellow gloves and an afro. I am deeply offended by your harsh words.

"When we looked at FIFA 10 and the management experience we decided it needed to be totally rewritten," reveals Rutter. "The hardcore seemed pretty disappointed with last year's mode. So we've ripped out the Be a Pro and Manager Mode features and replaced them with a Career mode.

The match action is even more robust this time around.

"You can now be a player, manager or player-manager and play through 15 seasons. We've made a lot of changes, including a two tier transfer system that involves negotiations with players as well as teams. Team management has been improved, especially player comparisons.

"You can also see the results in leagues other than your own. We want you to feel as though there's a whole world of football going on around you, like other European leagues running simultaneously to yours, so the whole world feels more alive."

According to Rutter, there's a renewed focus on feedback and scheduling. "We've incorporated a ton of feedback from Be a Pro, like taking out the endless reserve games and receiving inappropriate feedback on your performance," he explains.

A new 15 season career mode replaces Be a Pro.

"We had significant problems with our scheduling system in FIFA 10, which meant you had to play multiple games on the same day. We've also improved the transfer system. It's no longer the case where you can get the likes of Ronaldo to sign for Luton."

SOURCE: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fi...ands-on?page=2

It really won't be different at all, they're just combining two modes that already had an identical interface to begin with.

It'll still be as buggy and unrealistic as ever, this is all the same annual EA bullshit.

To be fair I won't be happy until we're presented with a manager mode that's a hybrid of FM-Lite and FIFA, for manager mode.

I had to laugh last year (and the year before) when people complained about EA getting the weather wrong in some countries, and how it'd ALWAYS rain in the games. When I suggested that you should just be able to choose your own weather, they were all "No. You can't pick your weather in real life, so you shouldn't be able to in game." - No shit, but why moan about it then if what they were trying to achieve was to pick weather that wasn't rain all the time. :shifty:

It's about time they brought in the live weather from the Tiger Woods games and put it into FIFA. I'm sure live weather is in at least one other EA game... Madden?

Live Weather is in Madden, yes.

Apparently Carrer Mode is based on whole new code, none of the old manager mode code will be used.

Not that I care, never really liked manager mode, clubs is the only reasons to play FIFA.

Surely the weather's not that hard, for England i'm talking about mainly. It was always raining on 10 so why not have like 50% chance of sun and 50% rain during autumn/winter and then 75% chance sun and 25% rain in spring/summer.