Fifa 11

HailtotheYo

Live Weather is in NCAA as well, and has been for a bit. This year's NCAA is also a fantastic game and really shows what EA can do.

TCO hit on the only real gripe I have that they simply can't justify. How the shit do you not include things (that people want by the way) that you've already produced/made/whatever ? Seriously. You've modeled all the shit from Euro 2008 and the WC ... how is it that fucking hard to put it in the game ? I mean hell I'd be happy if they left those updates for every other year with Euro/Gold Cup/WC ... that's a steady stream of updates for stadiums and the like.

Hell, why can't you use your WC for an in game FIFA database ? You've already done the work for the freaking players ... why wouldn't you put them in the FIFA game as free agents ? That would help tremendously with people (especially people on my side of the world) with having players from their own country/region. THE WORK IS ALREADY DONE !

But noooooo

It's not about it being difficult to do because you're right, it probably isn't. But if they go and stick everything from the tournament games into FIFA then people have no reason to buy the WC and Euro games. EA want to make more money so they're going to bring out these tournament games every other year and for them to sell well they're going to need things that FIFA doesn't have.

Euro 2008 is esentially worthless now, so putting in the stadiums featured in that wouldn't hurt the very limited sales anyway. I understand not putting in the South African World Cup stadiums right now, but all the German stadiums from 2006 for example should be in the game by now. I doubt you'd be able to find that game new nowadays, so it's no excuse. They have the stadiums made already, use them.

It's not about it being difficult to do because you're right, it probably isn't. But if they go and stick everything from the tournament games into FIFA then people have no reason to buy the WC and Euro games. EA want to make more money so they're going to bring out these tournament games every other year and for them to sell well they're going to need things that FIFA doesn't have.

Oh, I completely get that .... but TCO is on to what should be happening.

I mean, the WC game is already out and splashed on. They aren't going to be "making money" off of it now, not really. So what possible, honest to God real reason could they give to not have the WC stadiums in FIFA 11 ? Or the Euro 2008 stadiums for that matter ? Or as TCO pointed out, the stadiums from 2006 ?

Sure, they've got to do things in order to make those games worth the production. Well, they've already got one thing going for them that they'll never carry over. There will always be a limited number of National teams in the FIFA series ... that alone will drive sales of WC games.

• 4 weeks later...

Demo is out on the 16th of September. The news i'm seeing from Gamescom mentions specifically 'Be A Goalkeeper' mode so i'm wondering if you make a goalie, he'll be seperate from your outfield pro. It'd be a shame if it were, I wanted to be an awesome outfield player who goes to play in goal for some League 2 side and ends up taking all their free kicks and penalties.

17 Aug 2010

All 22 Players can be controlled

Cologne, Germany, Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that EA SPORTSTM has developed a new feature called Be A Goalkeeper for FIFA 11 that will enable fans to experience the thrill of playing as the keeper, and for the first time in a football videogame, will place control of all 22 players on the pitch in human hands.

The new feature will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system when FIFA 11 is available in stores September 28 in North America and October 1 in Europe and Asia.

Chelsea FC and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr ?ech has been signed as the spokesperson for Be A Goalkeeper and will be featured in advertising, marketing and promotional campaigns.

Be A Goalkeeper is a completely new way to play—instead of thinking as a player out in the middle of the pitch, you have to think and react as the goalkeeper. Experience the thrill of the one on one battle, making the great save from a free kick, punching balls safely out of danger, the pressure of the corner, and most importantly, keeping a clean sheet. Be A Goalkeeper features three levels of accessibility with varying degrees of AI assistance—assisted, semi-assisted and fully manual. Fans will be able to compete as the goalie in Career Mode and enjoy a 15-year career or create themselves as the goalie in Virtual Pro 2.0 to learn the position, track stats, complete achievements and test themselves against the best players in the virtual world.

With control of the keeper now in human hands FIFA 11 will deliver an authentic replication of football online with 11 vs. 11 Online Team Play that locks people into the role of a single, fixed player the entire game. Now up to 11 friends on different consoles will be able to select and take control of their own individual players on the same team to compete against up to 11 rivals of another team.

“The phenomenal growth of online gaming and the desire of our fans to be able to play as the goalie was the driving force behind this innovation for FIFA 11,” said Kaz Makita, Executive Producer, EA SPORTS FIFA. “Friends can play alongside each other in their pro clubs with all 11 virtual players on the pitch human controlled. We have finally replicated football in the virtual world.”

Over 750 million online connected games have been played since FIFA 10 launched last October and over 350,000 pro clubs have been created that enable friends to compete alongside each other against rival clubs. Pro Clubs is one of the most popular online game modes in FIFA.

FIFA 11 reinvents player authenticity – on and off the ball – for every position on the pitch with Personality+, and introduces new Pro Passing where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer’s ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch. Plus, experience true freedom in man-to-man interactions with 360° Fight for Possession that transforms physical play from just lateral jostling to full 360° collisions.

Visit http://www.facebook.com/easportsfifa to join the EA SPORTS FIFA Facebook group or visit WWW.FIFA.EASPORTS.COM for more information about the game. New game modes and innovations will be revealed later this month.

• 4 weeks later...

Bah, half of them are the same as in 10.

As for deals, just wait till the week of release, the night before most likely, then all the details will emerge. Like last year with Tesco selling it for 25.

Urgh they're shit again. I hate the rewarding having no life achievements like the play 500 games with your Virtual Pro or win 100 Ranked games opposed to actual achievements. Anyone can get those, the shittest players will fluke a one in 10 win in ranked. Play enough get the achievement. Madden trophies are way better and unique each year unlike this dribble we get each year under different names.

That's why you keep a note of the ones you've done!

At least it's not as bad as PES, I think that has the same exact achievements every year since 2008. This year they have one for winning the Copa Libadatores and that's probably it.

Ugh, I know you'd be keeping track of it, but I meant that the game would screw you over and the trophy/cheevo wouldn't pop up and you wouldn't have a clue which stadium it may've glitched on.

Ok, it's unlikely, but this is the sort of thing I'm not willing to spend time on just to get a trophy. If it happened to come over time, great, but I wouldn't try to get it.

Think the get 100 ranked match wins on Fifa 10 was glitched. Considering I got Fifa 10 when it came out I got my 100th ranked match win the other day and I didn't get the achievement and i'm pretty sure it's glitched, at first I thought it'd be if people quit the game but that wouldnt be it because you still get the win if they quit after 5 minutes

Yea, I was dissapointed you couldn't try it out in a match. I guess they want to squeeze out a few purchases from people wanting to try it out or something. I pulled off a nice double save though in the arena.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-oiKwuoow?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-oiKwuoow?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-oiKwuoow?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Since the EA sports website is broken for me atm, youtube it is.

Gameplay wise, playing against the computer is a bit more interesting now they pull out skill moves. They seem a bit tighter at the back too but that could be down to a combiation of things such as the passing being seemingly harder than last years and the lack of game time thus leading to rushed passes.

Yeah, the three minutes a half is crap. Passing seems really sluggish, but it is a lot more fun seeing the computer try skill moves too. I don't seem to notice a difference with sprinting at all, but eh.

Yea, they mention something about the sprint speed being different depending on how much pressure you apply to the trigger but I use RB to sprint so I probably don't get use of that feature.