Fifa 11

HailtotheYo

Just realised this is out tomorrow. Is it worth the money? I'm a bit stuck for cash. I've had to budget out for a few weeks ahead you see. :S

Might go £20 each with my brother.

I'd say it's certainly worth it. You can probably pick it up for around 30 quid as well if you look in the right places, which certainly is a good price. Personally think it's a very good game as it seems most here already do and if you like to take the word of most reviewers, it's been getting reviews of around 97% from some places (which is too high, but yeah). I'd certainly pick it up if you can get the money together.

Bah. I woke up there now and immediately decided to get it. :S

Attempting a career with Real, which might later turn into a diary.

Anyhow, first friendly is a big one against Chelsea, but they've decided to play their 2nd string...

Hilario, Mikel, Alex, Bruma, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Mellis, Tore, Kalou, Sturridge, Kakuta.

JT, Lamps, Essien, Malouda, Anelka or Drogba aren't even on the bench. I like how managers rest players for the non-important games. I'm guessing Tore and Mellis are youth players? ...unless they bought them in the first transfer window on the game.

I, of course, am going full-strength. :shifty:

does the game play as stiff as the demo did ?

That's the word I was looking for. There's a lot of emphasis on momentum, it's real hard to turn sometimes but the players just feel so heavy. On the back I get beat all the time because the game automatically switches to a defender and unless I move the joystick in the right direction as fast as possible he'll get beat. I've got to work around with this some more, but I keep conceding these awful goals that I didn't do in FIFA 06 (The last game I played).

Like the World Cup game, there seems to be a HUGE gulf in class between the smaller teams and the big teams - which in a sense is the way it should be, but for those playing as a lower league team on a higher difficulty, it can become frustratingly difficult.

I hate it when there's good trophies available for modes I don't wish to play.

"Achieve legend status at your club in career as a player"

That's a gold trophy, but it means leaving everything off the field to the AI manager. I created my VP (who looks very much like me, might I add) and decided to start one of them with Leeds. They played the default 4-3-3 formation, which pretty much meant Becchio up top on his own, and it was fucking solid to create any chances at all. I know I play on legendary, but shit, it was hard. And it seemed like the same 3 players were subbed for the same 3 players every game too.

So yeah, that's what led me to do the Real game as noted above.

• Admin

Also, I played Roma with Utd away, and I heard a ''We've got Cesc Fabregas...'' chant - I think that's on my Arsenal playlist, but there's no way it'd play during a Roma-Utd game because it's only assigned to Arsenal. Yeah, slightly weird, but I'll look into it more later.

I've only played one quick game when I was on my lunch break, but I had a similar experience. I've only assigned chants to Arsenal & Blackburn, and played a Blackburn vs Burnley match, and halfway through was greeted by several Arsenal chants.

How odd.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/39111987

Note: It says the difficulty is on amateur, but that's "Career Mode difficulty" and not match difficulty, honest. :shifty:

Why? Because on FIFA 10 I was 17 games into my MM season, top of the league by 4 points ...and sacked - apparently on semi-pro board difficulty. Bullshit indeed.

Got the game thigs morning but only had time for a couple of quick matches in the Manager Mode I'm gonna start with. Seems easier to play than the demo, which is god news. Scored 3 goals and conceded none playing on World Class, so doing pretty well.

Definitely up for an EWB club if anyone sets one up.

So, things were working to an extent early this morning (GMT) and we got a few wins in on clubs. Rocksta stole my first ever club goal. :angry: Then we did some pro ranked with Dan as a superstar goalie and it was wonderful.