Jimmy Johnson will be on Survivor: Nicaragua

sahyder1

Former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson will appear on the CBS reality show "Survivor: Nicaragua" this fall, according to a source.

The 67-year-old Johnson, who was unavailable for comment, joins the show's 21st season this summer. The series has been taped in various exotic locations, including Panama, the Fiji Islands, Kenya and Brazil since it started in 2000. This year's show will tape in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.

Johnson, who won two Super Bowl titles with the Cowboys in the 1990s, will be grouped with strangers in an isolated area where contestants must complete challenges to win awards or immunity from getting kicked out of the game show.

Since retiring from the NFL as a head coach, Johnson has worked for Fox Sports as a pregame show analyst. The taping of Survivor is not expected to conflict with Johnson's job on Fox.

Several former Cowboys figures have been involved in popular television shows in retirement. Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin, part of "The Triplets" along with Troy Aikman who played for Johnson, competed in the ABC series "Dancing with the Stars."

Smith won the ballroom dance show in 2006. Irvin appeared on the show in 2009, but didn't win.

Former Cowboys quarterback Gary Hogeboom was a contestant on "Survivor: Guatemala," in 2005 and finished in seventh place.

In nine NFL seasons, with the Cowboys and Miami Dolphins, Johnson compiled an 80-64 record, which places him 49th on the all-time win list.

Link

I'm a big fan of Survivor but how is he expecting this to work? Wouldn't people just target him because of who he is? Yes, I know Elizabeth Hasselback was on the show but that was BEFORE she became "Elizabeth Hasselback"

Well Ashley Masaro was on the show when she was well known, how'd that work out? Not nearly as well known as JJ, obviously.

I'm actually asking, I've only ever watched the first two seasons of Survivor and the first All Star season.

Well Ashley Masaro was on the show when she was well known, how'd that work out? Not nearly as well known as JJ, obviously.

I'm actually asking, I've only ever watched the first two seasons of Survivor and the first All Star season.

She was voted off in the 2nd episode. Supposedly Eddie George's wife who happens to be a former member of an R&B group was on Tocantins. I didn't watch that season but again, not nearly as famous as Jimmy Johnson.

There is no word on this being a celebrity edition (which would suck).

There really will be some hilarious exchanges if someone (which will probably happen) doesn't know who he is.

She was voted off in the 2nd episode. Supposedly Eddie George's wife who happens to be a former member of an R&B group was on Tocantins. I didn't watch that season but again, not nearly as famous as Jimmy Johnson.

There really will be some hilarious exchanges if someone (which will probably happen) doesn't know who he is.

She wound up being one of the final members of the jury after JT fucked her over if memory serves.

Survivor hasn't done an all celebrity version of the show and I somehow don't think it will either.

I hope nobody on the show knows who he is and he's just that "token old guy". I also saw an informercial last night and apparently he is the spokesman for Extenz too.

Haha, wouldn't that be awesome. "Dude, you have NO idea how hard you make my dick!"

She wound up being one of the final members of the jury after JT fucked her over if memory serves.

Survivor hasn't done an all celebrity version of the show and I somehow don't think it will either.

They don't need to a celebrity edition and hopefully they never do.

Well, considering the fact that I'm almost positive it's scripted, I'm sure they can work around any doubts you may have.

Scripted in what sense? Yes, they edit like crazy to create characters that we either like or hate but if you're trying to suggest that the challenges and eliminations are scripted I'm going to disagree.

Btw, apparently he almost made it on to Survivor: Gabon. I guess we'll be seeing Frank Caliendo have some fun with Jimmy Johnson this fall on Fox pregame since Johnson will be back by that time.

Of course the challenges as you see them won't be scripted. Jimmy Johnson is not going to be able to balance himself on a totem pole for too long. He's too old. But swaying the show to eliminate people when they want them to be eliminated? Guilty.

That was Taj from SWV. The lead singer screwed the group over by going solo and then no one ever heard of any of them again, until Taj showed up on Survivor. I actually have one of their CDs since they were HUGE here in NY in the '90s around the time when R & B girl groups were hot.

Having said that I hope Jimmy gets eaten by a wolf or bitten by a poisonous snake. Fuck dem Cowboys <_<

Of course the challenges as you see them won't be scripted. Jimmy Johnson is not going to be able to balance himself on a totem pole for too long. He's too old. But swaying the show to eliminate people when they want them to be eliminated? Guilty.

In what manner? I mean....if that was the case why would they have eliminated Boston Rob so early?

Marketability. They test out what character is a crowd favorite/the crowd loathes and moves on from there. If Jimmy Johnson tests well, don't doubt that he'll stick around. They'll always find a "reason."

Gary Hogeboom, former NFL QB, was also on Survivor Guatemala and he didn't tell anyone. Someone called him out in private and he denied it. If I recall, he fessed to it at the live reunion show.

Looks like this this edition of Survivor will be "Old vs Young", what do you guys think?

That's retarded if it's true. Older players will get fucked up in any kind of extremely physical head to head challenges. Unless they can guarantee that they're bringing in 40+ year old former female athletes, that would be the most lopsided way to divide things ever.

I don't think that's entirely true. It's a bit of a head scratcher, but let's not forget two of the people who dominated challenges in the past - Tom from Palau and Terry from Panama - were both over 40. And often times I find the older characters a bit more entertaining...

I don't think that's entirely true. It's a bit of a head scratcher, but let's not forget two of the people who dominated challenges in the past - Tom from Palau and Terry from Panama - were both over 40. And often times I find the older characters a bit more entertaining...

Those are a few individual men over 20(?) seasons. A team full of 40+ year old women, a 67 year old Jimmy Johnson and maybe 4 fit older guys in their 40's going up against 8-10 men and women in their 20's is really going to be unfair if they end up doing any of those basketball/rugby challenges, or tug of war style things where people go 4 on 4 and pair up man vs man and woman vs woman.

If they picked 8-10 REALLY fit older people and 8-10 20 something fatasses, that would be one thing, but you know that the weakest guy on the "young" team is still going to be in much better shape than Jimmy Johnson.