Movies & TV Trivia Thread

badotori

In Freaks and Geeks what actor played the original school mascot before Sam took over

Shia LeBeouf!

Correct, when I watched it I was thinking... no way it can't be but sure enough when the credits rolled it was the future Samuel James Witwicky.

sooo did it take long to google the answer :-p

In Freaks and Geeks what actor played the original school mascot before Sam took over

Shia LeBeouf!

Correct, when I watched it I was thinking... no way it can't be but sure enough when the credits rolled it was the future Samuel James Witwicky.

Sir, you have offended my honor! I'm just a fan of the show who watched it after Shia was already relatively famous.

Anyways, Joss Whedon made a rare appearance as an actor (playing a character with a giant head, obviously) on Veronica Mars. What type of business was his character involved in?

Shia LeBeouf!

Sir, you have offended my honor! I'm just a fan of the show who watched it after Shia was already relatively famous.

Anyways, Joss Whedon made a rare appearance as an actor (playing a character with a giant head, obviously) on Veronica Mars. What type of business was his character involved in?

Terribly sorry for offending your honor good sir, was merely a joke :-p

I really didn't wanna answer this question as it would give away the fact that i'm a Veronica Mars fan.. haven't seen the show in some time but I remember Joss being in an ep... was it a car salesman?

Eh, I'm not offended. Anyway does the buffer rule not apply in this thread? You asked the last question. Besides, you're wrong, he's not a car salesman.

my bad about the buffer rule

He was a rental car salesman/customer service guy.

Correct. Sorry to be pedantic nufan, but I was looking for "car rental," not car salesman.

haha it's all good.. I looked it up once you said I was wrong and kicked myself when i saw it was rental not salesman lol

Daniel Day Lewis it was. Which just brings up the fact that he would be pretty badass in a Tarantino role.

But yes, the role was originally written for Michael Madsen to play because the character Vincent Vega is the brother of Madsen's character Vic Vega in Reservoir Dogs. And Tarantino actually had an idea for a movie for the two brothers at one point as well but that never got off the ground.

Staying on the same theme, how many times has Tarantino been nominated for an Academy Award, and how many has he won, and for which movies ?

He's been nominated for Best Original Screenplay and Best Director for Inglorious Basterds and Pulp Fiction, so that would be 4 nominations. The only Oscar he's actually won was for Best Original Screenplay for Pulp Fiction, which he co-wrote, if I remember right. (And its a fucking crime the two Kill Bills didn't get any nominations)

If you want to get picky about it, both movies combined had about 14-15 Oscar nominations, but the only award Inglorious Basterds won was for Best Supporting Actor, and that wasn't him.

Edited by GhostMachine

The exact answer I looked for GM. I was looking for his nominations, not his movies. Off you go :)

EDIT: They need an oscar for best small role :pervert:

Michael J. Fox was the first choice to play Marty McFly in Back To The Future, but due to commitments to Family Ties, he couldn't do it. So another actor was picked, but about a month into shooting it was decided he was miscast and the film was delayed until a deal could be worked out for Fox to play the role.

Name the actor, and, just for the hell of it, which Tarantino movie does he appear in?