Football Manager 2011

Dan

Beckham is class, using him as much as I can as I can see the stats will rapidly start to decline soon.

He plays in the middle set to advanced playmaker, Anderson and Fletcher are to his left and right set to supporting box to box midfielders while Owen Hargreaves is the anchor man behind them when playing tough teams but against easier opposition it's Michael Carrick as a deep lying playmaker.

He runs out of stamina quick but while he's on the pitch he threads through so many passes plus you have his set piece delivery and if it's not working I have the option of going 4-4-2 with Nani and Valencia.

League is within sight and have wrapped up the Carling Cup beating Aston Villa 6-4!(Macheda hat trick,Mousso Sissoko,Tom Cairney and Will Keane being the scorers).

The dream is over. Failed in my bid to get AFC Wimbledon into League One at the first attempt (a run of poor form saw us drop out of the automatic promotion places at the wrong time and fail to get passed the play off semis). Contract is running out, so I think I'll move on.

I've gone from Wimbledon to Shelbourne. With 3 games left in the Airtricity First Division, and I clinched the league and promotion for them.

Should be interesting to see what I can do here.

CM01/02 is weird.

I've managed Farnborough Town for 3 seasons now:

01/02 - 3rd in Conference

02/03 - 1st in Conference (promoted)

03/04 - 5th in 3rd Division (promoted via play-offs)

I'm currently ranked 66th in the England Managers lists with a reputation of 'Average'.

"The Dutch Football Association offer you the position of manager."

o_Oo_Oo_O

The question now is whether I also want to quit Farnborough so that I can concentrate of racking up my reputation without the tedious distraction of a 2nd Division relegation fight...because even though I got out of the 3rd Division first time, I'm not deluded.

Fun Fact: The Lowest Recorded Attendance for the 2nd Division last season (3,986 - Chesterfield vs Exeter) is higher than my club's Highest Recorded Attendance Ever (3,719 - Farnborough vs Kidderminster FA Cup 2nd Round). lol.

Edit: Fun Fact #2: Simply accepting the Holland job has jumped my Manager Ranking up fro 66th to 29th. I am now rated as 'Fair'. I presume this is purely because more people now know my name, even if they have no idea if I'm any good or not.

• Like 1

I lasted a mere 4 months at Shels due to the fact by the time pre-season was over, I got kinda bored of them and resigned after losing the first game of the new Premier Division season to Cork City FORAS. Now I have landed at Shinnik in Russia, I am currently looking at a Ukranian goalie simply because he has 20 in penalty taking.

Shinnik are underperforming in the the fantastically named Pervyj Divizion!