Football Manager 2011

Dan

Finished in 12th with Fulham, got fired

Obviously, Liverpool thought I was a great choice, and gave me the job.

But... but, you aren't big enough for Liverpool! I WANT CHANGE! :angry:

Lost the League Cup final to Manchester City 1-0. Considering my expectations were supposed to be avoid relegation, but opted for mid table finish, my fans were still disappointed after a loss to one of the best teams in the league. I'm 7th in the league at the moment, but I'm about 10 points off 6th place. There's like 5 teams with a point or two between them in the middle of the table, so I'll be lucky to keep hold of 7th place. Anything in the top ten would be pretty damn nice.

Isn't that about where Fulham finishes? What were their expectations?

11th place. I didn't got it either, but I moved up, so no harm done

Gonna play with a 4-1-2-1-2, using that great midfield

DK: Reina

LB: Marcos Rojo

CB: Skrtel

CB: Agger | Kyrgiakos

RB: Johnson

DMF: Lucas | Aquilani

CM: Meireles

CM: Gerrard

AMC: Joe Cole

ST: Suarez

ST: Carrol

Also spent about 21 million euros on a youngster that I had on Fulham, just great

Edited by Colossus

Not yet kicked off the season but The New York Cosmos side I have assembled according to my staff have poor concetration, passing and fitness. But we're tall, young and have loads of flair.So basically, the team is all style and no substance!

Also Cobi Jones is an awful assitant manager. I may just sack him.

This game can get really frustrating. I finished 9th last season, and was expecting, as a result of that finish, that I would be able to attract more players to build my squad with. But no one really worth buying has any interest coming to me. I wanted to make a big signing, or two, but no one's interested in the club. :P

Yeah, but...that's ninth. It's not like it's a Europe spot or anything. "Mid-table Premier League club" is a description that fits ninth as well as 14th.

Oh, I agree. But I finished about Tottenham and a bunch of their players don't even some all that intersted. I was suprised my world ranking went down, despite jumping up seven spots over a season. I've made do. I was just hoping some fringe players from bigger clubs would want to come to me.

I also wish I'd made my database bigger. I think it would've helped with recruiting players.

Why the hell does Man. City win the Premier League all the time????

Quite funny you said that. As I've been finding the opposite, that there's quite a lot of inconsistencies at the top (which is fun). I won the league 3-years in a row with Man City, left, then they didn't place in the top 3 again for another 3-years, when they won the league again. In the 6-years, Man Utd have won once and finished 2nd 3-times, but also had a season where they randomly came about 8th. Chelsea pretty much consistently finish 3rd, but Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs (who had an insane 2011/12 season, coming 2nd) keep jumping about, with teams like Wolves, Sunderland, Notts Forest and now (my) Newcastle generally knocking one of them out of Europe spots.

Edited by YI

In my game, Manchester City seem to finish second almost every year. Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal have all been champions, with Man City losing the top position on the last day on two separate occasions. However, they have won the Champions League once and the FA Cup three times, along with the Europa League in the first season of play.

I haven't been so lucky. I couldn't get a goalie in time. I'm right in the middle of a match now. I've never encountered anything like this in FM!