Football Manager 2011

Dan

On the note of injured goalkeepers and replacements, before a game as Perth Glory (Where you have to name a goalkeeper amongst your four subs), my first and second choice keepers got injured, so I had to call up a youth player to the first team, I then had no other goalkeeper at the club so on game day the game created one and put him on the bench, then the player disappeared again after the game.

I've got an idea for a cool game, but I need EWB's help. What are the five most common nations you use upon start up? Regardless of what league level you go down to.

AND, which low level team is your personal favourite?

England

Spain

Holland

Italy

Germany

AC Monza in the Serie C is my favourite, simply because I had a great game with them last year and it was the only time I even enjoyed a game in Italy.

Nearly mid way through my season and my Centre Back is my top scorer. Winston Reid's bagged 8 goals so far this season, mostly all of them from the back post, scoring at set pieces. He just scored a hat trick against Everton, nodding two in two corners and then scoring a penalty in the last minute. It's pretty wonderful.

Distin was my top scorer last season with something like 13 goals, almost all of them coming from the back post. Managed to finish 2nd with Everton in my first season despite not having any strikers who were able to hit the net consistently at all and surviving off loan signings due to not being able to get any decent players on my budget. Just about to start up my second season and I've got a lot more depth in my squad now but still no striker I have complete confidence in!

Guest mr. potato head

I've got an idea for a cool game, but I need EWB's help. What are the five most common nations you use upon start up? Regardless of what league level you go down to.

AND, which low level team is your personal favourite?

England

France

Italy

Scotland

USA

Cambridge City

England

Spain

USA

Italy

Mexico/Japan

The first four I always use. The fifth one I tend to switch around, but usually find myself using Mexico or Japan.

I guess I consider 'low level' to be the Blue Square divisions, so the Blue Square North/South/Premier. My favorite is Braintree. I tend to start every journeyman game with them. Just like my current one. ^_^

Secured a Champions League qualifying spot in my Ipswich game. Didn't think I was going to do, but beat Man City for the first time in a 2-1 victory which put me on equal points with Chelsea, but they had a better goal difference and had scored more goals. My last game of the season was against Premiership winners Arsenal, so I didn't exactly have much hope. I was pretty happy when I went 1-0 up and saw Chelsea were 1-0 down. I went 2-0 up as Chelsea equalised, but that still put me in a good position. However, I went 3-0 up and Chelsea had gone 2-1 up. So we had equal goal difference, but Chelsea had more goals scored and thus would've got the place.

But in the 89th minute, Matt Derbyshire comes onto score a game winning header which secures me 4th position. I can't quite believe I got so lucky, and am still stupidly suprised I beat Arsenal 4-0. Amazing season. I love this game.

I start with every nation available at their lowest levels (being so sad, I bought my laptop specifically to be able to run FM at it's full capacity :shifty: ). However, if my computer was average, I would probably start with:

England

Scotland

Spain

Germany

France

And I usually always go for Bristol Rovers (League One), but I will pick any team going really. The lowest I've gone is like Blue Square South (Worcester City).

England

Spain

Italy

Russia

Australia

I start unemployed and accept the first offer I get. This game it was Welling, who I got promoted to the BSP, won the FA Trophy and am now on course for the BSP playoffs, maybe automatic promotion if I get a good run of form.

England

Italy

Spain

Germany

France

The lowest team I normally go....ermmmmmm I dunno actually cause I never normally go the same team more than once