Football Manager 2011

Dan

Guest mr. potato head

Things aren't going so well with Lincoln. We started out well but now we're in the relegation zone (granted, we were predicted to finish 21st). Hopefully I can sell some of my players in January because the wage bill is out of control, and this would let me actually spend some of my transfer budget.

Got AC Milan, Barcelona and some Hungarian team for my first Champions League experience. I've played all three teams and got 4 points so far, managing a draw at the Nou Camp. I'm not exactly optimistic about my chances of getting through, but it's been a lot of fun so far.

So I have an easy fixture ahead in the League Cup...and i'm resting a stack of players. I go to Private Chat my keeper, and I get the response that he doesn't want to be rested. I reply with "Fair Enough. I hope I haven't upset you" and he gets cranky because I "keep pressing the issue". Erm, what?

I've got an idea for a cool game, but I need EWB's help. What are the five most common nations you use upon start up? Regardless of what league level you go down to.

AND, which low level team is your personal favourite?

England

Ireland

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

AFC Wimbledon.

Well, my Braintree squad won the Blue Square South with ease and we're headed to the Blue Square Premier. We're all on vacation for a month and then back to the grind. Before heading on vacation, I was going nuts trying to get anyone who would listen a contract offer, but no one signed. Should be interesting to see if our chemistry carries over. We did fine, and won the FA Trophy, so we are capable of defeating BSP teams. It's just a matter of depth. I got lucky and almost always fielded my usual first team last year. Wouldn't be shocked at all to suffer injury after injury this season, as that's usually the case.

I've come to the conclusion that I hate having a large squad.

The following players have to fit into 3 central midfield and 3 forward spots respectively.

Frank Lampard

Michael Essien

Keisuke Honda

Ramires

Josh McEachran

John Mikel Obi

Yossi Benayoun

Fernando Torres

Dider Drogba

Daniel Sturridge

Nicolas Anelka

Salomon Kalou

Florent Malouda

Gael Kakuta

Fabio Borini

TOO MUCH CHOICE, ARGH.

Even in defence I continuously feel guilty for leaving Alex or Bosingwa on the bench in favour of Luiz, Ivanovic etc.

I haven't yet decided whether to offer Drogba and/or Anelka an extension to their contracts, which expire at the end of the season. I may end up letting them go just to make my selection easier. <_<

Speaking of terrible. Fuck Darius Vassell. Every time I think about selling him and getting in a new striker with some consistency I end up with an injury to one of my other strikers, then whilst they're out he scores on a regular basis, only to go back to fuck all goals and shit ratings (I'm not talking average, I'm talking 3s and 4s) when the injured player comes back. I'd more inclined to sell him if he hadn't come up big in two local derbies against Derby and Notts Forest, where he got hat tricks in both matches >_>

Well you can get rid of Kalou, he's nothing but terrible on the game from my experience.

Fuck you. He's inexplicably awesome.

Why, just yesterday he scored to win Chelsea the Super Cup 1-0 (against Atletico Madrid) in injury time with 94:30 on the clock.

I went back to my Viking Stravanger game. Third with ten games to go and on course for the clubs highest finish in something like seven years. I really need a consistent striker. I currently have a bunch of guys all about as good as each other including a 33 year old Caleb Folan, who despite only making two league appearances and a couple of cup games he's actually second highest goalscorer with about 4 goals. Our top scorer Matis Movik has 7 or something.

Third is the best we can do, Rosenborg are way ahead in second and Valerenga are running away with the league, possibly helped by a take over at the start of the season. However we've made it to the semi finals of the cup.

I think this game is fixed.

6 games to go in the BSP, I'm 2nd and 12pts behind Crewe, I then record 6 wins on the bounce while Crewe go 1-1-4 to pip them for the title on the final day of the season by 2pts.

Crewe then lost in the playoffs. Unlucky.

So on my second season with Everton, I finished 5th in the league (Fuck Gyan for scoring an equaliser and denying my 3rd place finish), lost in the FA Cup final and then lost in extra time against Marseille in the Champions League final. So in the pre-season to make sure I can go one step further, I manage to sign Balotelli, Van Der Vaart, Busquets (all for relatively cheap). And then, Barcelona offer me the chance to be manager with a huge 140million transfer budget. Now I am left with a dilemma, be loyal to Everton and fulfill my aims of actually winning something with them after coming close in every competition (in my first season I came 2nd by 1point) or move to Barcelona and construct the greatest team of all time.

Guest mr. potato head

So my first year at Lincoln was a bit of a disaster, finishing 19th out of 24 (but with a six-match winning streak to finish the year).

Second year gets off to a GREAT start - 11 points in the first five matches, and third in the league, but with a dubious distinction. First in L2 in fewest goals allowed in that span (0!), but tied for 23rd in goals scored (3!).

Both records are going out the window in the sixth game, I'm up 2-1 on Accrington away at the half.