Football Manager 2011

Dan

So what's the most goals a player of yours has picked up in a season? Boakye just managed 54 goals in 59-appearances (he also got 20 assists). He was fucking ridiculous for half the season. Had a bit of a lull after Christmas (which screwed up his chances of winning Player Of The Year), but after fucking off for a couple of weeks to the African Nations, he came back awesome again.

I also hate that by the time you get about 6/7 years in, you can't really ask people for help with who to sign, because by this point peoples games are so different. I desperately need to improve my defence (right back especially, Dan Gosling had a TERRIBLE season), maybe get a good rotation striker and a few more players to fill out the squad (we were dying towards the end of the season). But I've got fuck all money, and have no idea who to get. Grrr.

Edited by YI

Haven't started my European game yet because I've been busy...and my Chelsea game has become ridiculously easy (even more so), so I'm finding it a great way to relax. :shifty:

Just beat Fulham 7-0. Would have been more if I hadn't brought some of the kids on when we were 5-0 up at half time. This shit is bananas.

Anyone else signed Alexis Sanchez? He had been on fire for Sunderland, but luckily, he had a release clause so I managed to snap him up for £18m. I sent Joe Cole the other way on a loan deal as a thank you. "I'll take your amazing 25 year old winger, and you can have a 34 year old Joe Cole who has been average-at-best for the last 4 years. Cheers."

Am I the only one who doesn't really want to 'update' my data? I'm not fully arsed about January transfers being right etc.

Pretty sure Boakye (starts at Genoa) is the best player I've EVER had any Football Manager/Championship Manager game, with the possible exception of Kezman being an utter hero for PSV on Champ Man 4.

His record's ridiculous.

Signed for £9.5m the summer of 2015

2015/2016 - 31(4) appearances - 23 goals - 6 assists

2016/2017 - 58(1) appearances - 54 goals - 20 assists

2017/2018 (Just Reached January) - 28 appearances - 32 goals - 7 assists

The guy is an absolute fucking monster! Still only 24 as well.

Edited by YI

So I'm 2nd, 7-points off Man City with a game in hand, and 1-point above Liverpool and Sunderland. But I've got the most FUCKING RIDICULOUS schedule for January coming up which could totally fuck me over;

Jan 1st - Birmingham [18th] (away, won 1-0...did go a bit easy on them/rest players)

Jan 2nd (WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!) - West Brom [11th] (home, but they always seem to fucking beat me)

Jan 6th - Chelsea [6th, but with 2-games in hand] (away)

Jan 9th - Liverpool [3rd] (home)

Jan 13th - Middlesbrough [FA Cup 3rd round] (away)

Jan 17th - Sunderland [League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg] (home)

Jan 21st - Man City [1st] (away)

Jan 24th - Chelsea [6th, but with 2-games in hand] (home)

Jan 27th - Spurs [11th, and a bit shit] (home)

Jan 31st - Sunderland [League Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg] (away)

UTTERLY FUCKING RIDICULOUS!

No games I can field weakened team, as the cup games are against derby teams so everyone will lose their shit if we lose.

And on the horizon I have a Champions League knockout stage match/destruction with Barcelona to look forward too. Any chance I can get Asprilla back?

I haven't played Football Manager a lot recently, but I played two games the other day. My next game is Barcelona in the Champions League, where I have to win to make it through the knock out stages. I just can't see it happening. I think I'd have been better off finishing 5th last year and trying the Europa League before I did the Champions League.

But drawing AC Milan and Barcelona in a group was never going to be pretty.

I've been playing on the new patch for a few minutes, and already things aren't looking great. Premier league assistant managers are leaving to take charge of Blue Square North/South teams, and it's nigh on impossible to buy players. I'm probably reverting back to 11.2 soon...

I'm in Mid November of the 2013-2014 season, all spent on Benfica

I am destroying the competition so far, 16 games, with only one draw (at the last minute against Porto), with 52 goals scored and 8 goals againts.

I play pretty much all out attack team, a 4-1-3-2 with 1 DM, 2 Wingers and a AMC

Base team:

Neuer (got him on a free, beast)

Coentrao

Roderick Miranda (homegrown player, put Breno on the bench)

David Luiz

Gregory Van Der Wiel (11M euros)

Javi Garcia

Coutinho (kid form Inter, 7.5M)

Paulo Henrique (15M)

Giuliano (8M, just a beast, my best scorer so far)

Neymar (17M)

Rodrigo (the guy that is on loan at Bolton, been great so far)

I am going to try to repeat as European Champion, get my 5th title on a row, win the WCC, and probably I am going to leave Benfica