Football Manager 2011

Dan

That is a position that has gone of the way of the dodo since I got into football, the sweeper. :(

I've always found it surprisingly effective in FM though.

Aye? Haven't tried it in years. Used to have it sometimes on CM but you had to have someone fantasticially good for the position for it to work and once Sammmer retired I never knew anyone good enough to bother trying again and as such, the idea died.

Turns out turtlin' is pretty ineffective when two of your centre-backs get sent off. :/

It does if you start the game with seven of them. :shifty:

Ended 5-1, so lost 8-5 on aggregate. I abandoned the turtle in the second half since I had already conceded and was out of the tie anyway.

The fun bit was going all Mourinho in the post-match press conference and blaming our loss on supposedly-unwarranted red cards. And not, you know, because Barca were infinitely better than us.

"Hey Barca!"

426-josemourinho--125837683944244200.jpg

A couple of other players picked up yellows that get them banned for one European match as well. :lol:

Luckily I'm guaranteed a top 3 finish at this point so I'll be in the group stage anyway.

TITLE RACE UPDATE~!!

1. Nottingham Forest - 81pts (GD +47)

2. Manchester City - 81pts (GD +45)

3. Chelsea - 77pts (GD +43)

Three games to go! :o

Guest Neon Noodle

Decided I probably wouldn't be able to save Lincoln from relegation in 2016 and resigned with three games to go. Looking for a new challenge now.