Football Manager 2011

Dan

How good was the Youth setup beforehand?

It was good. Last year we got like 18 kids through of which one is now worth £2mil, another £1.5mil and Rui Costa at centre back has improved big time and has 4 star potential.

Very nice.

Aand I lost my first game >_< I'm still 3rd, one point now behind Unterhaching, thanks to Koblenz throwing away a lead in the last minute.

Hernandez just got a full 10.0 rating for me after netting 5 goals in a 6-0 win over Crystal Palace in the FA Cup, the side was full of youth/reserves with the only exceptions being Mascherano(yes I mark for veterans available on a free) and Hernandez.

One thing that's really gotten on my nerves, this summer I bought in a goalkeeper(Paulista) and broke my transfer record for a defender Martin Enrique but I haven't been allowed to register them for the Champions League? it says they're ineligible I have never had this problem before

Could it be they played a CL early 1st round play-off game before they went to you?

Right you are :(

£16m for Phil Jones is an absolute bargain btw, id recommend him to anyone

So it was you who had a word with Fergie! :angry:

They're not sniffing around already are they? Time for a salary cap on the 25 man squad me thinks...

They're not sniffing around already are they? Time for a salary cap on the 25 man squad me thinks...

Sniffing around?

He's already having a medical at OT.

Sniffing around?

He's already having a medical at OT.

Christ, don't read football news for 2 days and you miss too much.

So my new chairman chucked £31mil at me but there were no discussions about where we have to finish.

Champions or I'm in trouble. <_<

I celebrated by hoovering up a few discarded youth players from other teams and ending the contracts of a few of my more useless players and money-vacuums.

We are the 5-4 favourites to win the league though so hey, could happen. ^_^

Just signed Jan Vertonghen from Ajax. He's 25 and Belgian so should get on with Vossen and no problems with the French language. Got him for £8.5mil and he'll either become Woodgate's replacement or he'll replace Mongongu who keeps asking for transfers away.

I dont usually post regens im about to sign but how does this guy look...

PietroCacciatoreProfile_Attributes.png?t=1307555211

I can handle low throw-ins, corners, penalties etc... decisions and agility under 10? jumpings not great but at 6'9 you should be stooping to good crosses.

So I've started like 198 new games today and haven't been able to get into any of them (I pretty much have to be into it from the start or I lose all will to continue), but I've started an Arsenal one that looks like it may even get past the friendlies! Just got Sporting Gijon to go and then it's on to the Prem. Playing 4 defenders, 2 CMs, 3 AMCs and a striker seems to be helping me keep stupid amounts of possession - I've been getting like 65% in friendlies which should at least transition into a good 55% against decent teams. For once I've just left the default formation/player setup as it is and not tweaked a thing because I can't seem to figure tactics out on this damn game. But Fabregas seems to have the perfect role - a central midfielder with the support duty who I've made playmaker. I haven't signed anybody (bar two younger players who look fairly promosing, Raphael Varane and Maxime Lestienne) but I have my eyes on David Ospina and Miralem Pjanic to sign in January or the Summer, and I'll probably bring in a nifty striker as well somewhere down the line. Don't fancy offloading anybody just yet - feel like giving them all the chance to prove themselves first. Here's to hoping this one makes it to at least January!

I cheated earlier and fired up the database, putting Phil Jones, David De Gea, Ashley Young and Wesley Sneijder at United, as two are almost done deals and the other two are rumours, but ones I'd like to see happen - then I retired VDS and Scholes and made some managerial updates. I haven't played on FM since before christmas, so I probably won't even get that game started either. shifty.gif

Decided to venture into the lower leagues of England for the first time right now, no idea what team to start with, but hopefully I'll stick with it no matter who I choose. Might just do AFC Wimbledon.

EDIT: Went with Luton because they really shouldn't be in the Conference.

Edited by The Cool One