Football Manager 2011

Dan

I normally pay upfront with a few additional clauses such as games played etc. But I will very rarely if I really need a player do a transfer over 24/36 months.

Started my new game with Celtic. The idea being I wanna win a Scottish treble first season and then leave haha to either go to the Championship or a Prem team. Basically I thought Celtic would be a decent team that I could get back into FM with and then just easily transition from there.

Does anyone else concede a daft ammount of goals straight after scoring yourself? I'm almost scared to score these days.

A manager shout usually does the trick, or stepping back from attacking to standard, or standard to defensive.

I used to concede loads in the last quarter and lose points, but just getting some players back can sort all this out.

Ok, so I'm manager of the USA National Team.

Never have I seen a game so dead set on me doing horribly.

We're 9th in the World. We get put into the group of death with Brazil (1st), Ghana (5th), and Russia (12th).

First game was against Brazil, they beat us 1-0. Fine enough. Meanwhile Ghana beat Russia 1-0.

Second game is against Russia. We score a goal to go up in the third minute. They score in the 94th (of what was only suppose to be 2 minutes of injury time). So we draw, while Brazil beats Ghana 2-0.

So heading into the last game, we need to beat Ghana to finish second in the group. A tie won't do anything, we need a win. We score first, and after that Donovan goes down with an injury. Then Dempsey. Then Howard. Then they're awarded a penalty, but it hits the crossbar. Then they get another penalty, but my back-up keeper saves it. Then they say three minutes of extra time, but the game goes to 102 minutes! We held on to win 1-0, so we advance.

We'll lose in the Round of 16, but it was nice to advance after feeling like they tried to screw me eight ways from Sunday.

I want to start a National game. But I can't decide on a nation. I don't want a top side - the World Cup winning sides and the like. I want a team who would struggle to qualify and do well in the competitions. Thinking maybe another home nation side. Ireland or Scotland maybe.

Play as Canada.

So we lost to France 1-0 in the Round of Sixteen. I assumed we would, as with Donovan and Dempsey out, we had to rest our scoring on frickin' Altidore. He wiffed on an open net. <_<

I'm not sure if I should expect to keep my job for long or not. We have a friendly that I set up against Brazil in a couple months. Then one against Tunisia. Maybe we'll win one of those...

Does anyone else concede a daft ammount of goals straight after scoring yourself? I'm almost scared to score these days.

A manager shout usually does the trick, or stepping back from attacking to standard, or standard to defensive.

I used to concede loads in the last quarter and lose points, but just getting some players back can sort all this out.

I concede a ridiculous amount of goals between 60 and 65 minutes, exactly when I go to make my substitutes.

I found a demo and started a game as Barcelona, and I'm absolutely dire.

So far I've beaten Freiburg 3-1, drawn with Rangers 0-0, lost to Al-Ittihad (KSA) 1-0, then beat Roma and Reus 4-3 and 4-0 respectively.

Then I managed to lose the Spanish Cup to Sevilla 2-1 on aggregate, but bounced back to thrash Racing 6-1 in the opening La Liga game of the season.

The inconsistency probably comes down to my non-existent knowledge of players. I have no idea who I should be signing. I brought in a couple of Australians (Schwarzer and Culina) because they came cheap and work as back-up players, signed Vaclav Kadlec for a ridiculous sum, and then picked up a few 16 and 17 year olds who looked decent to pad out the U/19 squad and build for the future. Signed Michael Owen cheap too, no idea why. Will probably prove to be a mistake... Oh yeah, Andres Iniesta picked up some broken ribs in a friendly and was out for 6 weeks, that's why he's on the bench ATM.

My formation at the moment has:

Bojan (STCL) - Advanced Forward (Attack)

David Villa (STCR) - Complete Forward (Attack) [4 goals in his first La Liga outing]

Leo Messi (AMCR) - Attacking Midfielder (Support)

Adriano (ML) - Wide Midfielder (Support)

Javier Mascherano (MCL) - Defensive Midfielder (Defense)

Xavi (MCR) - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

Eric Abidal (DL) - Full Back (Automatic)

Gerard Pique (DCL) - Central Defender (Stopper)

Carles Puyol (DCL) - Central Defender (Defend)

Dani Alves (DR) - Wing Back (Automatic)

Victor Valdes (GK) - Goalkeeper (Defend)

Subs are Vaclav Kadlec, Andres Iniesta, Maxwell, Mark Schwarzer, Gabriel Milito, Pedro, Seydou Keita.

So yeah, I'm probably making billions of mistakes every day, but yeah, its a fun game.

EDIT: Just played the next game, Home vs Hercules. 5-0, David Villa (1), Mascherano (39), Pedro (61), Messi (70), Iniesta (86).

Iniesta scores with his first touch back from injury, a 35+ yard strike that defected in off the post, Adriano was injured in the 25th minute, and 4 yellows and a red were given in the match.

Edited by Dan McG

I think I've broken the game.

First 10 games of the 2015/16 season, I've played 10, won 10, scored 32 and conceded 1 in a Champions League game against Maccabi Haifa where my team was all reserves.

GK: Alphonse Areola/Tim Krul

DR: Kyle Walker/Nedum Onohua

DC: Toby Alderweireld

DC: Phil Jones (Capt)/Argentinian CB whose name escapes me.

DL: Jose Enrique / Stefan Pocognoli/ ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

DMC: Jucilei / Stiyn Wuytens

MC: Jack Rodwelll/Axel Witsel

MC: Christian Eriksen/Haris Vuckic

MC: Jack Wilshere/ Ismail Assati

ST: Vagner Love/ Arsenio Valpoort

ST: Yaya Sanogo/Andy Carroll/Tulio de Melo

Just started and unemployment game, but cheated and put my reputation as international, and second day in Wolfsburg offered me a contract. Took the contract, as I've never done a German game, and this team interests me, with no Europe this season, but some good players.

Started with a $6million budget and brought in:

Matthew Leckie (Adelaide United)- $1m

Lucas Patinho (Fluminese) -$450k

Eita Kasagawa (Avispa Fukuoka) $1.1m

Rafael Galhardo (Flamengo) $4.5m

First game in charge was against SV 07 Elversberg (Non Leaguer) in the German cup. After 20 minutes I was down 2-0, and it stayed that way until halftime. Half Time talk was "Where's the passion lads?".

2nd half kicked off and 15 mins in, Cicero scored to make it 1-2. & minutes later Mario Mandzukic scored to make it 2-2, and it stayed that way till full time. Extra Time kicked off and in the 96min Thomas Kahlenberg scored to make it 3-2. 3 minutes later Mandzukic, and he hit the net again after another 3 minutes to make it 5-2. Kahlenberg then finished it off with a goal in the 109th minute to wrap up the match 6-2.

Very interested to see how this game goes.

So after winning the Premier League in my first season with Arsenal and finishing getting killed in the Champions League semi-final by Real Madrid I decided it was time to completely change up my team and build for the future. I was given £55mil to spend and when Barcelona and Real Madrid both offered me £49mil for Cesc, I had to accept and he was off to Barcelona! A lot of changes were also made in and out.

arsenaltransfers.jpg

All young signings including two regens from France, one being a 15 year old wonderkid rightback who are generally hard to find. I also splashed out 10mil on a Man City regen who my scouts were all jizzing over is a DLRC and has 20 Determination, meaning he should pay off in the long run. Name is Richard Cox though, one too many penis references in his name for my liking!

I usually line out like this with Nasri interchangeable with Wilshere and Richards with Van Der Viel. Also RVP should be in for Arshavin but as always he's out injured. Belfoldi really shouldn't be starting but needs to play to develop.

arsenalkf.jpg

I think I've broken the game.

First 10 games of the 2015/16 season, I've played 10, won 10, scored 32 and conceded 1 in a Champions League game against Maccabi Haifa where my team was all reserves.

GK: Alphonse Areola/Tim Krul

DR: Kyle Walker/Nedum Onohua

DC: Toby Alderweireld

DC: Phil Jones (Capt)/Argentinian CB whose name escapes me.

DL: Jose Enrique / Stefan Pocognoli/ ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

DMC: Jucilei / Stiyn Wuytens

MC: Jack Rodwelll/Axel Witsel

MC: Christian Eriksen/Haris Vuckic

MC: Jack Wilshere/ Ismail Assati

ST: Vagner Love/ Arsenio Valpoort

ST: Yaya Sanogo/Andy Carroll/Tulio de Melo

Did Valpoort get any good?

Not as good as I hoped when I first signed him, he's still only 22 though. He was on loan to Fulham last season, scored 6 in 22 games. In comparison to Sanogo though, who is the same age, he's not even close to the same level.

Can anyone recommend a good AMR? Ashley Young has been whining that he wants to move to a 'bigger club' ever since I arrived at Villa Park. I effectively sold him to the highest bidder, which happened to be Newcastle who are in the bottom 3. Good choice, Ash. I'm in October, so I've got a few months to find a replacement.

I'm in season 12/13, by the way.