Football Manager 2011

Dan

I always found it was really bad for regen's coming through your development system. It wasn't until my 6th season or something with Ipswich that I had someone who was three & a half stars potential. Otherwise, potential never got any higher than the two mark and I had top facilities and coaches by that point. Made it very hard to meet the CL standard of having a number of players trained at the club.

With the home trained thing, go out and scout 16 year olds, buy them young and they'll count for home grown as club. Don't need to come through your youth system, etc. Three seasons before they're 21 at the club.

But it was the boring half.

Why not just start with a BSP team from the start then, save yourself the waiting?

The succession game has inspired me to start my own South American adventure! Taking the first job I was offered at Comisión de Actividades Infantiles in the Argentine 2nd division! Unfortunately I can't afford King William yet. :(

Just as I'm all ready for the season I realise I#ve got to wait 6 months for the Argentine season to start. Fuck that. I'm starting again, simming until July 1st and taking whatever job I get then.

The only reason I would holiday for any lenght of time is when I start a game unemployed or leave a club. Then I have the apply for jobs option ticked and it generally only lasts a couple of months.

My computer wouldn't allow me holiday so long on FM, I couldn't do anything else and I'd get bored.

Finished 5th with Arsenal, lost out on a CL spot due mainly to losing 2-1 to Stoke on the second last day of the season. We needed 4 points from 2 games, and got one, from a draw with West Ham on the last day. <_<

Released 33 year old Gael Clichy and 32 year old Geromel, sold a couple of kids and a fringe player for 10 million. I've bought a really awesome looking 16 year old ST from Everton named Adam Peacock. His only poor stat seems to be composure. I have him working on it. He could possibly feature in the first team a bit, there are a few kids like that on the team.

I signed Emilano Insua, Abel El Koutari and Arturo Barba (19 year old Mexican wonderkid I've been watching for a while) as well as a Dutch Left back regen from Newcastle. I've pretty much only signed defenders, bar one or two youths.

Two fun things are that Peterborogh have come up to the Premier League, we won a friendly 10-0 against a Welsh Amateur side. I'm not sure how that got arranged, but it happened. Also the sale of horrible, aging Clichy has not gone down well with the fans. :shifty:

barcelonavnewcastleinfo.png

My proudest result in FM. 6th in the league but a "Unknown Foreign Tycoon" is in talks with Mike Ashley about taking the club over and investing heavy amounts of cash, if that happens the Premier League title will be mine by 2015.

Guest mr. potato head

To my quickly-simming Canada career I've now added the management of Wisla for some reason. Somehow in a relegation slot with only one win in 13 games, so at least I can't do any worse than the last guy.

Me and a friend have been playing a networked game, and it's probably the most fun I've had on FM, simply due to the legitimate tension when our teams play and the inevitable "Nah, I don't care if I lose" and "I knew it, I knew you'd score. That's fine" that occur, couple that with the fact that we're on the last game of the season and either of us can win the league. I recommend networked games if you have the time to, good fun.

Coloccini's incredible career path continues in my long running Newcastle game. He had an impressive start in my first season in charge at Newcastle and Man City were stupid enough to throw 5 million at me to take his massive wages off my bill. After essentially taking 2 years off on £80,000 a week, he has decided to take a £17,000 pay cut to sit on the bench in London instead, days before his 31st birthday.

coloh.png

Me and a friend have been playing a networked game, and it's probably the most fun I've had on FM, simply due to the legitimate tension when our teams play and the inevitable "Nah, I don't care if I lose" and "I knew it, I knew you'd score. That's fine" that occur, couple that with the fact that we're on the last game of the season and either of us can win the league. I recommend networked games if you have the time to, good fun.

I want to do that. I'd love to have a networked game in the Scottish leagues. 4 games against one another per season, plus potential cup ties? I imagine the regularity of facing off would make it fantastic fun.