Football Manager 2011

Dan

I can't take screenshots of my FM game (Alt + F9 doesn't work for me for some reason), which is a shame as I had a doozy of a playoff semi-final second leg, lost 7-6 to Watford in normal time (8-7 to them on aggregate), Crazy. Strengthed the team over the summer and making another run for promotion into the Championship, five games in, five wins, no goals conceded yet, we'll get there eventually as long as all the rumoured transfers for my players don't happen!

I can't take screenshots of my FM game (Alt + F9 doesn't work for me for some reason), which is a shame as I had a doozy of a playoff semi-final second leg, lost 7-6 to Watford in normal time (8-7 to them on aggregate), Crazy. Strengthed the team over the summer and making another run for promotion into the Championship, five games in, five wins, no goals conceded yet, we'll get there eventually as long as all the rumoured transfers for my players don't happen!

If you're using steam, I believe you press 0 to take a screenie.

If you're using steam, I believe you press 0 to take a screenie.

Just tried that, did zero.

Kevin Gameiro is a fucking idiot.

Started a game with Newcastle and signed him for 7 million. Sold Shola Ameobi and Nile Ranger which nearly got me my money back, leaving a grand total of 3 strikers. Gameiro, Leon Best and Shefki fucking Kuqi. I brought in Humberto Suazo for 5 million so he can sit on the bench and sub for Gameiro, and get a message from Kevin saying he is concerned about the number of rivals for his position (ONE, considering Best and Kuqi are in the reserves). I told him he's my first choice, and so far he's led me to a 4-0 win over Blackpool in the opener scoring two, and a 4-1 over Man City in game two, again scoring two goals. I then get a message from him saying he's not been getting enough first team football like I promised him and requested a transfer. I told him to fuck off (more like begged him to stay), and he apologized.

The fucking idiot.

The same new owner at Newcastle who said he'd replace me oddly gave me £31mil to spend in the summer. I sold De Jong to Chelsea for 8mil because Busquets is a younger, better version of him. Not bad considering I paid £4.2mil for him. I used the money to bring in Mario Gotze, Javier Hernandez, Keko on a free, Jerome Boateng on loan and an awesome regen from FC Dallas. Team in 2013/2014 looks like so

Krul

Boateng - Cahill © - Mongongu - Enrique

Gotze - Dzagoev - Busquets - Donovan

Marilungo - Hernandez

The bench is strong too so I've really got to get Champions League this year after missing out by a point last season. Marilungo is annoying me though, Liverpool are sniffing around and he's been promised a new contract but won't accept anything that doesn't include a 13.75mil release clause. So he can fuck off until he settles for no clause.

That didn't work but I eventually had to give both the agent and him £1.4mil each. It's not all bad though, even on his improved terms he's only on £45,000 a week. A player of his quality could be on double that, in fact his strike partner is on double that.

hhhai.jpg

:huh:

What surprises me the most is seeing Preston in the Premier League! They sank like a stone into League One in my game. Although they may be back up now to the Championship.

Preston are a real curiosity on this game! Just got promoted to Premier League and they are doing really well - top scorers in the division, with this guy called Jay Rodriguez the top scorer in the league. their best players are Conor Clifford (plucked straight from my reserve team) and Connor Wickham (on loan from me, so couldn't play that match).

My Premier League also has Coventry City and Burnley!

Started a game with Newcastle and signed him for 7 million. Sold Shola Ameobi and Nile Ranger which nearly got me my money back, leaving a grand total of 3 strikers. Gameiro, Leon Best and Shefki fucking Kuqi. I brought in Humberto Suazo for 5 million so he can sit on the bench and sub for Gameiro, and get a message from Kevin saying he is concerned about the number of rivals for his position (ONE, considering Best and Kuqi are in the reserves). I told him he's my first choice, and so far he's led me to a 4-0 win over Blackpool in the opener scoring two, and a 4-1 over Man City in game two, again scoring two goals. I then get a message from him saying he's not been getting enough first team football like I promised him and requested a transfer. I told him to fuck off (more like begged him to stay), and he apologized.

The fucking idiot.

What role do you play him in?

Struggling to score for me so far.

Preston got promoted to the Premier League in 2013 on my game, proceeded to only score 8 points before promptly going down again. Mean while currently, Burnley have bagged Europa League football for the upcoming 2015/16 season. Just took a look down the leagues, and Oxford have gotten themselves in to the Championship- with Michael Carrick manning the ship as the boss!

So I was curious to see how my team would do lining up in a 4-5-1, so I decide to experiment with it for one game, and this happened:

90003065.jpg

Really quite surprised with that, because Fulham are no mugs. Hangeland was in their defence as well!

Four of the five goals were outside the box as well. with Kroos' goal being a free kick that was closer to the half way line than the goal.

Dave Jones fired as Fulham manager immediately afterwards! :D

The fucking idiot.

What role do you play him in?

Struggling to score for me so far.

He's a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 set as a poacher.