Football Manager 2011

Dan

Going to start a new game as Man Utd where I try to win the League (and whatever else) with the oldest team possible. I plan on selling every player under 31 which would leave me with only VDS, Giggs, Scholes and Rio as my only remaining players. Owen and Brown are 30 so I will just leave them in the reserves until their birthdays (December and October respectively). Selling all the other players should bring in enough money to build a squad of oldies.

I tried to get CM 01/02 working on my laptop with no success whatsoever was guttered :(

Anyway update on my FM game.

Left Chelsea after 3 seasons of dominating everything. 1st season won the Prem, Europa League, FA Cup and Carling Cup, 2nd season won the Prem, Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Super Cup and Community Shield, 3rd season won the Prem, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Super Cup, Community Shield and Club World Cup. So naturally I got a bit bored so I resigned and now I cannot find a job whatsoever, I joined New York but only lasted like 3 days and my contribution was to sign John O'Shea, Landon Donovan, That Czech keeper who played for West Ham and Spurs and Grant Holt.

Still atleast I'm Spain manager and have qualified for the Euros so I'm looking to win two international competitions in a row with two different countrys (Won the World Cup with England)

Shits on now. Finally got to play the last few games of the season. Man Utd and Chelsea back to back are the big ones. With us being second, level on points with United we needed at least not to drop any points, especially against Chelsea which was our game in hand. We came out of it with four points. 0-0 draw against United and then a 1-0 win over Chelsea with young Joe Sheridan popping up to get his first ever Arsenal goal! :w00t:

Now poised on 37 games, we have 87 points to United's 84. They play Sunderland and we play 'boro. A single point will do it!

That was nervy. 'boro dominated possession for the first half. Our midfield was suffering from nerves. Then in the second half we gave away a penalty. They missed! Moments later Macheda scored! :D

Then Scott Carson bundled the ball into the back of his own net! Clinching the title for us and relegating 'boro! I finished the game playing 6 in defence because I had a tonne of defenders on the bench and one of which was 6'6 and could sweep up. United drew 0-0 with Sunderland and so we won the league! :D

Next up, Blackburn in the FA Cup final and Inter in the Europa League final!

Guest Canary4life

I ended up with a Penalty Shootout against France. Guess who won? <_<

Unless you're England or something, it really isn't hard to beat France on penalties. I was Ireland and beat them on pens in the Euro Cup Final.

I ended up with a Penalty Shootout against France. Guess who won? <_<

Unless you're England or something, it really isn't hard to beat France on penalties. I was Ireland and beat them on pens in the Euro Cup Final.

Yes, because one penalty shoot out indicates how good a team are at them. Or have you been stalking their practice sessions? <_<

• Like 1

Guest flierthananostrich

This is the first FM ive bought in a while and goddamn is it just me or does it takes ages just to go through a month in a season? Everything takes so long not really enjoying it much might go back to CM 01/02 :(

Edited by flierthananostrich