Football Manager 2011

Dan

Eckstein the player I mentioned had been complaining about not getting games, handed in a transfer request after getting three starts since he had a good reserves game and scoring four times. I yelled at him and he backed down. Then I dropped him.

Guest Canary4life

Interesting, but on the basis that the new game is out very soon, I don't find the Scottish lower divisions very appealing either I'm afraid!

Inverness CT. I'm having a blast being in charge of them.

What are people's experiences of playing in the Scotish league as non Rangers/Celtic. Was thinking of giving it a go if I got a little bored of my West Ham turned Athletico Madrid game, or I might just wait for the new game to give it a go.

I only ever tried it with Gretna, years ago. It was awesome then walking to consecutive promotions.

Guest mr. potato head

I've been having fun taking a CM 01/02 game and just holidaying forever. Now caught up to the beginning of this season.

World Cup finals have been England over Argentina, Germany over Greece, Brazil over Ukraine. Euros, France over Russia, Germany over Italy.

Premier Division has been won by Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Leeds, Chelsea, Man U, Man U. Man U have only had two seasons where they didn't finish first or second in the league. Bolton managed a second-place finish in 2008.

This year's Premiership makeup is as follows: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackpool, Bolton, Brentford, Burnley, Chelsea, Coventry, Everton, Leeds, Liverpool, Man U, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Newcastle, Preston, QPR, West Brom, Walsall, Watford

Sir Alex retired in 2005 and Alex McLeish has managed Man U ever since. Blackburn are in Second Division with Lee Bowyer as player/manager.

Parma are defending Champs League champs, with Marseille in 2009. (Milan, Bayern, Inter, Barca and Man U in various configurations make up the rest of the decade and most of the second place slots).

John Terry is reigning English Player of the Year. Record transfer fee was set in 2001 when Real Madrid bought Vieira from Arsenal for 37.5 million (second place is when they sold Vieira to AC Milan in 2004 for 35.5 million).

Guest mr. potato head

Where did Tsigalko end up >_>

Rosenborg for 1.1 million in 2002, didn't play much over several years, sold to Osasuna in 2008 for 300k, picked up 15 goals in 2008/9, back to Rosenborg in 2010 for 1.8 million.

I've been having fun taking a CM 01/02 game and just holidaying forever. Now caught up to the beginning of this season.

World Cup finals have been England over Argentina, Germany over Greece, Brazil over Ukraine. Euros, France over Russia, Germany over Italy.

Premier Division has been won by Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Leeds, Chelsea, Man U, Man U. Man U have only had two seasons where they didn't finish first or second in the league. Bolton managed a second-place finish in 2008.

This year's Premiership makeup is as follows: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackpool, Bolton, Brentford, Burnley, Chelsea, Coventry, Everton, Leeds, Liverpool, Man U, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Newcastle, Preston, QPR, West Brom, Walsall, Watford

Sir Alex retired in 2005 and Alex McLeish has managed Man U ever since. Blackburn are in Second Division with Lee Bowyer as player/manager.

Parma are defending Champs League champs, with Marseille in 2009. (Milan, Bayern, Inter, Barca and Man U in various configurations make up the rest of the decade and most of the second place slots).

John Terry is reigning English Player of the Year. Record transfer fee was set in 2001 when Real Madrid bought Vieira from Arsenal for 37.5 million (second place is when they sold Vieira to AC Milan in 2004 for 35.5 million).

Tell me about Villa.

Guest mr. potato head

Tell me about Villa.

David Villa? Lit up the Spanish Second Division with Sporting Gijon, scoring 27 goals in 2003/04 to lead the league, then was sold to Atletico Madrid for 8 million. Had...no real success there, four goals in 18 games in his first team, and was sent to the B-squad for a year. Saw barely any action in 2006/7 and was sold to Sevilla for 2.1 million. Has 11, 11, 12 goals in regular action with Sevilla in the last three seasons. :)

:shifty:

Guest mr. potato head

Honestly you'll probably like that better than what you're after :shifty:

For the first six years of the decade, Aston Villa missed out on relegation by only a few points, finishing either 16th or 17th in the league, never with more than 41 points. By 2007/8, they couldn't cut it any more and 34 points saw them relegated. Blew away the First Division in their only season down, winning first place and 91 points, and have looked better since returning, finishing in 12th and 9th.

Current manager is Kevin McAllister. With experience at Colchester and Brentford, McAllister was brought in near the end of 2004/5, got the team relegated after a few years, guided them through most of their First Division season but then jumped to Middlesbrough. Spent one full season in Middlesbrough and then returned to Villa. Steve McClaren, previously at Middlesbrough and now at Chelsea, managed in the interim. Roy Hodgson had a spell as manager in the early days.

Non-regens seeing regular action are Lee Croft, Patrick Paauwe, Lee Hendrie, David Winters, Manolis Ligkos, Tommy Smith (who holds most offensive records), Kenny Lunt, Stephen McPhail, Stelios Venetidis, Paul Wotton, and Robert Malcolm. Anthony Malessa in goal. Had Shay Given for a few years and made a big splash in 2001 by purchasing Matthew Holland for 9.25 million (released on a free in 2008).

Jamie McCombe brought in from Newcastle for 5.25 million for the new season, along with Matt Jansen from Rangers for 1.7 million and Matthew Birley from West Ham for 4.2 million. Jobi McAnuff is a reserve. Peter Crouch did nothing and went to Preston on a Bosman, where he scored 37 goals in 2006/7 in the First Division, and far fewer in the Prem. Also lost Gareth Barry on a Bosman.

Finished 2004 on an 18-game winless streak. In the FA Cup, usually tossed out in third or fourth round but reached the semi-final in 2006/07.