Football Manager 2011

Dan

Guest mr. potato head

Let it sim overnight and now I'm in 2022. Let's just say that if you don't like seeing Preston twice win the Premiership, Blackpool win the Champions League, Gillingham in the Premiership and Liverpool not (Grimsby also had a year up), and Torquay and Stevenage as past FA Cup winners, this isn't the game for you.

There's also something called 'Burscough' in the second division :shifty:

Fun fact, I once had an old CM game where Burscough got into the Premiership and won the FA Cup.

Let it sim overnight and now I'm in 2022. Let's just say that if you don't like seeing Preston twice win the Premiership, Blackpool win the Champions League, Gillingham in the Premiership and Liverpool not (Grimsby also had a year up), and Torquay and Stevenage as past FA Cup winners, this isn't the game for you.

The only time anything wacky like that happened in ANY game I've had was an old CM game where Kiddiminster got to the Premier League under Jan Molby. Then I took Jan Molby as my assistant and they went on to finish bottom, lose every game and concede 108 goals.

I'm looking to finish out at least one more FM11 season in my journeyman game. Still at Arsenal, in 20/21 season. Two points behind Utd in second place. We had been top but a draw at Huddersfield cost us a chance to go clear, Utd thump Wolves 4-1 in their game in hand to leap frog from 4th to 1st. Our main advantage is having the best goals scored and goal difference in the league.

After this I changed my team talk stragegy to saying I expect them to win. I've done this for two games in a row. Sheffield Utd and currently half time in a game vs. Porto in the CL 1st Knockout stage. We've scored 10 times in one and a half games of football.

Edit: Because I've got a habit of letting my assistant pick the side and then I tweak it to my liking, I've just noticed I dropped my #1 keeper at some point during this run. Hah.

I've decided, I'm going to do an FM diary from a football reporter's perspective. Just sim through the season and give highlights and lowlights. Since I'll never really do it. Someone else do it :shifty:

Back in FM 2010 I had a massive diary plan where I simmed 10 years ahead and would then report on the 2020/2021 season. I'd gotten as far as writing an indepth history on every team including a bio on their star player and their history, had fictional kits made up and was all set to go.

But then I didn't. :(

I have a heck of a journeyman game on-going. I have been playing with a personal rule that if a club offers me a job, then I have to accept it. This was later revised so I can refuse a job if its for a lower division (but I have yet to do so).

So far I have managed the following clubs:

Airdrie United (24.10.2010 - 8.11.2012)

Walsall (8.11.2012 - 13.12.2013)

Oldham Athletic (13.13.2013 - 13.7.2017)

Odivelas (5.12.2017 - 2.1.2018) - Yeah, that didn't pan out so well. >_>

FC Svendborg (17.7.2018) - (23.6.2021)

MK Dons (1.7.2021 - 21.10.2022)

Barnsley (21.10.2022 - 11.8.2025)

Le Mans FC (11.8.2025 - 13.3.2026)

Chievo (26.3.2026 - 18.6.2027)

Volga NN (18.6.2027 - present[May 2028])

It's been a weird and wonderful journey to the Russian Premier League thus far :P

So I started a Hibernian game, as they're my favourite Scottish side (due to a former FM game as them). First game of the season is away at Celtic. I hate starting a season badly, so was thrilled when we earned a hard-fought 2 - 1 victory. They had 55% possession, 22 (!) shots, with only 7 on target. We had 7 shots total, with 3 on target.

I started a game as Bolton to hopefully tide me through into Christmas, when I'll be getting my hands on FM12. The primary reason for this was so I could get to use Danny Sturridge... but five minutes into the opening game of the season, he suffers an injury that keeps him out for eight months and forces me to send him back to Chelsea. Still, it's been an entertaining start to the season...

Tottenham 2-5 Bolton (w00t.gif)

Bolton 4-1 Blackpool (w00t.gif)

Huddersfield 1-2 Bolton (League Cup, After Extra Time)

Stoke 4-0 Bolton (pinch.gif)

Bolton 1-3 Chelsea

One game to go. My Arsenal side lead Chelsea by 3 points in the league. We play each other in the final game.

We have scored 91, conceded 26 and have a goal difference of +65 to go with our 86 points.

Chelsea have 82 goals scored, 32 against and 83 points.

Sure, mathmatically Chelsea could win the league but it would require them beat us at least 10-0 to over turn our superior goals scored and by 15 to over turn our goal difference, by my reckoning. You'd think they'd just award us the title? <_<

One game to go. My Arsenal side lead Chelsea by 3 points in the league. We play each other in the final game.

We have scored 91, conceded 26 and have a goal difference of +65 to go with our 86 points.

Chelsea have 82 goals scored, 32 against and 83 points.

Sure, mathmatically Chelsea could win the league but it would require them beat us at least 10-0 to over turn our superior goals scored and by 15 to over turn our goal difference, by my reckoning. You'd think they'd just award us the title? <_<

8 goals. They'd have +58 and you'd have +57

• 1 month later...

Somehow, in the 3rd season of my game with Fulham, I managed to do this:

Screenshot2011-12-22at131929.png

Here is my team now as I head into the next season

Screenshot2011-12-22at131920.png

As you can see, I only have Kasami left of my original team. Just sold Dempsey and Briggs, who were also original surviving members.

Edited by Liam