Football Manager 2011

Dan

Decided to try playing a database edit I downloaded. Basically, all of the players are Free Agents. Went in as Villa, my main rule was to keep it under 24-years old except for three marquee players.

We'll see how it goes...

These games would be fun if the AI wasn't so bad at squad building. I did one as Bolton, got to the first game of the season and had a fairly decent/balanced squad, but every other team had basically signed five or six massive names (relative to their size), a couple of average players and nobody else.

when you started yours, did you uncheck the generate random names box. Cause I had a Man City game like that (no prizes for guessing that I chose to try and sign every big name player I could there <_<) but in this game the other sides aren't that far off, if not better in some regard. The Man Utd and Man City teams especially.

Although Liverpool signed Sol Campbell so they don't count.

EDIT: And Marlon Harewood :lmao:

Mostly youth. I ended up filling my 'marquee' signing with Baines, who was 25 so just out of my range, Mellberg because I knew I could get him cheaper since he loves the club, and Scott Parker who I really admire as a player.

As for the rest of the team, the obvious one was that I got Messi for no other reason than I have Messi.

My preferred XI consists of (in 4-4-2 Diamond):

Akinfeev

Baines Shawcross Mellberg Walker

Parker ©

Bale Pato

Aguero

Sturridge Agbonlahor

Subs: Steele (GK), Rodwell, Jones, Wilshere, Messi, Falcao, van der Wiel

:P

I take pride in benching Messi

when you started yours, did you uncheck the generate random names box. Cause I had a Man City game like that (no prizes for guessing that I chose to try and sign every big name player I could there <_<) but in this game the other sides aren't that far off, if not better in some regard. The Man Utd and Man City teams especially.

Will give that a go. Where did you get your database from?