NBA 2k11 or NBA Elite 11?

A-Dub

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which NBA game will/would you pick up?

It definitely took a game or two for me to learn to slow down. I was turning the ball over a ton. You have to take care to make sure your intended target is open. I find it is easier to slow down on the break instead of firing it up court.

Yeah, draft classes come in too high (virtually killing FA and Trades) and HCA is too strong (not when you play, but it's real apparent when you simulate) in Association. I'm holding off on starting mine until the patch drops.

I started Association anyway because My Player is too frustrating (not good enough to start with, and the drills are too hard to improve my player due to not being good enough). The commentary's starting to grate, making the same points every game. Also, I don't seem to get nearly as many fast break opportunities as the AI. Granted, that's partly due to me averaging about a billion turnovers a game, but it seems every time I give up the ball they make a long pass (which I can't do as it's guaranteed to be fumbled, tipped or intercepted) and waltz through for an easy dunk because I have no one there. Yet when I get a steal and run down the court, they ALWAYS have two guys there ready to cut me off. Without exception.

I've got NBA 2K10 and was wondering just how much of an upgrade this game really is to that... Is it worth $100? Been an NBA fan, I used to get the Live games yearly but stopped a couple years back but I just want some of your opinions as to wether its really worth shelling out that much cash or not?

...the game costs a hundred dollars? How can they justify that cost? Does it come with a sample of LeBron's DNA?

...the game costs a hundred dollars? How can they justify that cost? Does it come with a sample of LeBron's DNA?

Looking at his gamertag thing in his sig, I imagine he means Australian dollars.

Our dollar is near parity with the US dollar. We just get raped on games cost.

I've got NBA 2K10 and was wondering just how much of an upgrade this game really is to that... Is it worth $100? Been an NBA fan, I used to get the Live games yearly but stopped a couple years back but I just want some of your opinions as to wether its really worth shelling out that much cash or not?

First off all. The Live series have been shit for a very very very long time.

Secondly, i personally believe no game is worth 100 bucks unless it comes with peripherals or something.

Thirdly You really should download the demo and try it before even thinking of shelling out 100 bucks for something your not 100% sure of.

There has been a lot of changes since ''a couple of years back'' in the 2K series only, and seeing you never played 2K from what i read you really need to play the demo first.

• 3 months later...

I cannot get a decent slider set for 2k11 for love nor money. Pre-patch, I was using The Purist's set over at OpSports, but since the patch, he seems to have gone apeshit and decided that the user should never make a basket (not even uncontested, no-one within a country mile, jumpshots) or complete a pass, while the AI runs all over the place, never a turnover, never a miss unless there's contact. I doubt I've played 5 full games since the gameplay patch came out, it's too frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't played that much my player mode but maybe that's a glitch? Idk.

I really hope that my association pans out in real life. It's the 2013-2014 season and LeBron and company still haven't won a title and their roster is still basically the same. I'll post overalls next to their name.

PG's

Mario Chalmers 72

Demetri McCamey 72

Eddie House 63

Another sucky guy 59

SG's

Dwyane Wade 96

Mike Miller 70

SF's

LeBron James 97

Carlos Delfino 72

PF's

Chris Bosh 81

Udonis Haslem 71

some other rookie guy 61

C's

Andrew Young (rookie center rated 65 overall)

Joel Anthony 63

Zydrunas Ilgauskas 61

I think they're actually worse than they were at the start of the Association.

Meanwhile I'm the Cavs and we look real good.

PG's

Kyrie Irving (Got lucky and won the draft lottery and decided to draft Irving over Terrence Jones since I wanted to get myself a really good PG.) 87

Javaris Crittenton (Doesn't play much he's just insurance) 66

David Price (In-game CAP who has like a 90-rated 3-pt shot.) 62

SG's

Shannon Brown (Free Agent grab in 2012. Really good defender and shooter) 79

Sarunas Stojic (Rookie I just picked up he's 6'9" and can play both G spots had to trade Anderson Varejao to Phoenix to get this pick) 73

Sasha Vujacic (He was included in the Phoenix deal to get the pick that landed Stojic... he has a nasty 3-year contract that is rather expensive but I got Stojic out of it so I'm happy) 65

SF's

Carmelo Anthony (Picked him up in Free Agency in 2011, the same year I got Irving in the draft.) 87

Ersan Ilyasova (Picked him up in Free Agency in 2012, I use him as my 6th man playing SF, PF, and C) 76

Andres Nocioni (Got him in a trade with the 76ers where I traded Mo Williams to for contracts and a 1st round pick in 2013) 61

PF's

LaMarcus Aldridge (Had to trade J.J. Hickson to get him, but it was totally worth it as he is my third scorer on this team) 84

Daniel Benjamin (Second round draft pick in 2012, he has no potential but he is a very solid role player) 70

Leon Powe (Yep he's still here and still servicable in a small role) 66

C's

Jalen Woods (The 76ers 2013 pick I had turned into this guy and he's basically Kendrick Perkins on steroids... can't wait until he develops fully) 76

Nenad Krstic (Picked him up in Free Agency last year when Varejao went down with an injury, he's been a good back-up) 67

Semih Erden (Free Agent pickup in 2013 just to fill out my roster) 65